1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first face mold you fell in love with?

Jul 15, 2018

1. Myou dolls Vieruodis for me, which is why she will be my first doll! I find myself really drawn to a lot of their sculpts tbh!

2. Dearmine's Nocture was the first doll I became obsessed with. Before him, there were dolls I liked but didn't really know much about. But that doll was the first I've really seen like that and have wanted one ever since.

3. DollsTown Seola, and still is my favorite after 13 years in the hobby

4. Delf soony even after all my years in the hobby

5. Island Doll L.E. was the first sculpt I fell in love with, but he didn't end up being my first doll because he was out of my budget. I ended up getting him eventually, but the first doll I fell in love with within my budget to become my first doll was MYOU Wind.

6. Fairyland Rendia! I saw her and was struck by how beautiful she was. I made my order for her today, she’ll be my first doll!

7. Doll Chateau Agatha, which was my first doll. I still like sculpts like it, even if my tastes have changed a bit.

8. Definitely Unoa Lusis for me. Pretty much since I joined the hobby in 2006 - and I only just procured one for myself earlier this month! Such a little dream come true to finally have one.

9. The first face mold I fell in love with was Luts Delf Nina. I was in highschool, and had seen a faceup on youtube. I was amazed and googled all I could find about BJD's. I wanted one so bad! Unfortunately they were far out of my price range at the time, but I ended up on Luts website looking at a listing for a red wavy haired wig. The model was Nina and I was obsessed. I don't know if I'd ever get her now, since SD sized dolls are a little too big for me; but I almost want to someday just for the nostalgia <3

10. Souldoll Lupinus. Before seeing that sculpt I liked BJDs but wasn’t willing to pay what they cost.

11. Dust of Dolls Roze Heln.

12. My first love was Luts Delf Lishe. I never had one and now I am not even sure that she is my sort of sculpt but somehow would still like to have her for nostalgia. It was many ages ago.

13. Volks Shinku, that was the first bjd I ever saw... I wanted her so bad but now my preferences changed and now I'm looking for something else. I still love volks with all my heart so now I fell in love with SDGr Kei lol

14. Ringdoll Lucifer, due to the versatility of the sculpt. A few of my favorite BJD owners had the sculpt, and they all customized him very differently!

Concepts ranged from the ethereal type, to the bloody joker look.

It deeply inspired me to start the hobby!