1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first face mold you fell in love with?

Jul 15, 2018

1. Iplehouse Tania. I thought she looked so natural. Boy was I disappointed when I received her and her face-up looks super mechanical close up.

2. It was actually Soom Breccia because my friend linked me to her. It was really the first bjd I've ever browsed. When I looked around more I really liked Ringdoll Sol. I never got either but because I love the Ringdoll aesthetic I bought my first doll from them. Second doll from them too but it's still on the way.

3. That's really sad. But can't you have another artist change the face up so it looks like what you love?

4. Easy question CP Delf Lishe. She was my first doll, still has her company face up, and I still love her.

5. Dream of Doll Ducan. His face was such a big eye catcher for me, it drew me right into the hobby, lol.
      Sad that I never managed to buy him. Maybe some day. ^^

6. It was Doll In Mind Andrea. I finally never bought him because I was too much in love with the official customization and I didn't know what to do with him.

7. It was a picture of Ringdoll Qinzhe and Meng He together. I loved how they were styled and the atmosphere of the pictures, to say nothing of their handsome faces. Naturally, those two became my first dolls. :3nodding:

8. Switch Ajeong, in pale white. He was actually one of the first BJDs I saw and probably the one that got me interested in the hobby. Another was DollZone Raphael, he's just too cute :D

9. Volks 4 sisters, specifically Megu. I loved her big eyes and soft expression! I've never owned her, nor any other Volks doll, though.

10. Mine was a realpuki Soso! I think it’s because my youngest son looked just like one was he was a baby. His ears were even pointed... not THAT pointed, but pointed enough that I asked my pediatrician if something was wrong! Ha!

11. The absolute first one was... Hm, okay, maybe I dont remember ONE but I do remember two of them. First would be Peakswoods Goldie - I loved her big, almost "manga" eyes, cute little nose and lips. Her profile is beautiful... Well, now I wouldn't buy her, but she's still really pretty.
      Second I remember (Idk which one was first!!) is Volks Yugiri, mainly because of two Yugiri's I saw back then. Her full lips still have charm for me.

12. Bobobie Sprite, for me. My roommate at the time showed me a photo of the doll, and other than it being on a female body, it just looked perfect to shell one of my oldest OCs. Fortunately, I was able to get a male body for him, and he became the first doll in my collection. :)

13. Ringdoll Aya Easter edition! I loved her soft sculpt and slightly pouty lips!

14. Depending how you wanna look at it; I fell in love with the hobby through someone's luts chiwoo and juri05, then found out about Woosoo who became my grail for a few years.

15. Cerberus Project/Luts Delf Lishe. She wouldn't fit in with the dolls I have now, and their modern work at Fairyland is far superior as far as stylized dolls go, but way back in 2006, she was kind of a revelation!

16. MDR Fang. My friend was deep into her own bjd odyssey, and we kept comparing notes on what she found that she liked. I really liked Iplehouse Asa, but when I saw Fang, I fell in love. By a fortuitous turn of events, I now own the very doll that initially caught my eye. Win-win.

17. The first sculpt I fell in love with was a Soom Vesuvia. But then I saw Iplehouse dolls and fell in love with their sculpts, so Iplehouse dolls was my second love)

18. Resin Soul Feng. He is the second bjd I have ever seen, I love his expression, nose and quite wide face. There aren't many dolls with wide faces.

19. Narindoll Narae was my first love. Not my first doll but her face just blew me away. I did get her very quickly & after about 12 years still lives in a place of pride here.

20. Doll Chateau Amos was my first doll love. Disregarding his goofy centaur body, I loved the plants on his antlers in his fullset and his goofy but endearing expression. His smile is charming.