1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first face mold you fell in love with?

Jul 15, 2018

1. My first love was DoD Ducan back in like 2008~ I still adore the sculpt, I hope I can get one secondhand some day! The eyes and lips are just so pretty to me. And DoD sculpts are so distinctive! :D My one true love though is DZ Carter, and I havr my baby Ilya now. He was the first doll that I ever saw that I had to buy immediately. Even though I didn’t like him at first. I still needed him. :XD: Now I want at least a couple more! And a YoCarter~

2. In all honesty...I can't really recall the very first one. I could say it was my very first bjd, B&G Triya, but I wasn't ever really in love with her sculpt. I liked her at the time I got her, and that was good enough for me back then. The same could almost be said of the variety of heads that have passed through my hands since I got back into the hobby in 2015, from my first SD boy, RS Long, to Loongsoul Pharaur, who came shortly after.

The first sculpt that actually captivated me thoroughly though? I have to say that was Dollshe's King Corey. As soon as I saw him on Dollshe's website, I knew I had to have him. He was spot on for what I was searching for with one of my most treasured OCs, and there's just something so...alluring and eye-catching about his face that draws me in whenever my eyes happen to connect with his features. Pronounced cheekbones, the subtle yet friendly smile, the nice, long and refined facial structure...he's still amongst my absolute favorites, and the closest to a grail bjd I think I even had in the hobby. And he's mine, all mine! :D:lol:

(I think I looked over at him 4-5 times while I was typing this up. He's just got this magnetism to him, I swear...)

3. 5th Motif Venitu

4. Fairyland 65 Siean elf. She was the first doll I really loved but never end up getting her due to the prices at that time. Hindsight I should've bought her when I could.

5. I believe the company was Switch. I can’t remember which sculpt it was. I just remember all of the beautiful male sculpts of the company pictures. Specially the really delicate and unique faceups.

#145 Kananshii, Oct 11, 2019
      Last edited: May 15, 2021
    6. CP Luwen was my first love, with DOD Ducan in close second. I'm really lucky to have been able to get both of them before they stopped making the sculpts!

7. Mine was CP Delf Lishe. She and El and Dark Elf Soo were the first dolls I ever saw on a handmade doll clothing website. I remember saving the pictures because I wanted one. Then seven years later I got my Lishe, and she's still my favourite 9 years into the hobby!

8. Like @SacredMonsoon mine was a Delf Lishe. The first bjd I ever saw was a Delf Elf El and I liked him, but when I went looking I found Lishe and that was that. My first doll was a Lishe and even though I sold her, I made it my mission to get another when I got back into the hobby a few years ago. Now she's not going anywhere.:eusa_naug

9. Miadoll soo:D

10. Mine was Luts Chloe. I didn't necessarily want her as my first doll, but she was the first sculpt that made it clear to me that I'm not OK with just oogling these dolls on the internet and that I absolutely need them in my life!

11. Mine was a Volks Shiro Tachibana - but he was not the first one to start the hobby for me. I had to chose between a Luts El and Soom Mecha Angel Sabik (Sabik won), but many years later I was finally able to get a Shiro <3

12. Dollshe Saint, the most beautiful doll. And I bought him of course;>

13. VOLKS F-01 was definitely love at first sight!
      Standard Megu was my first doll and to say that the love hasn't died is kind of an understatement

14. For me it was definitely Ringdoll's "K",
      because it just seemed so different and handsome.
      It seems unique to me, especially his nose~.

15. There was one on etsy that I became completely smitten with way back when I was first looking. Apart from that one, Kid Delf Bory was my first big name love.

16. Oddly enough my most recent loves have mostly been smartdolls and atelier momoni dolls that I have been silently lusting after ever since I joined the hobby.

#156 Leafieg, Feb 16, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    17. The first sculpt I fell in love with was a custom ddh-01 by Freya's faceups. I brought her own the spot and the rest has been history.

18. Fairyline Feeple60 Scarlett

19. Migidoll ryu! The first BJD I ever saw, on deviantart back in the day. Maybe was just because it was the first sculpt I ever saw, but no other has made such an impression on me since then.

20. I had actually been calmly and happily collecting for a few years before I finally fell (and fell hard!) It was the Dollzone Anson...and I HAD to have that sculpt no matter what! There was just something about those flower petals that completely mesmerized me...I felt totally inspired! Even though she was unlimited, I literally haunted Denver Doll several times a day until they finally activated her “buy” button, put her on layaway immediately, and sold other dolls to bring her home as quickly as possible. I was obsessed! Best decision I ever made since she was suddenly cancelled after only 3 months due to packaging issues. Nearly a decade later I’m still madly in love with her. She remains the absolute queen of my collection.:)

#160 PoeticSoul, Feb 18, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2021