1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the worst accident that ever befell your doll?

Apr 26, 2007

1. A friend dropped Kiril from a hotel balcony. :sweat
      He hit the pavement two floors below in the parking lot, but surprisingly, all he got was a few scuffs and a very, VERY tiny scratch on his head that wasn't even noticeable. It was easily sanded away.

I honestly don't think resin is supposed to be THAT durable though, but I'm thankful for it :(

2. The hook that holds Coppelias head cap broke whilst my folks where here. Her head kinda drooped the fell off! :atremblin

3. Sakuya did a faceplant onto ceramic tiles in my house...and chipped the coating on his nose >_>

Other than that he also had a partial faceup-meltdown due to...stupid reasons. But that has since been fixed.

4. My Link, Go, tipped over and faceplanted on the patio cement. He got a big chip in his nose that I had to sand, but it still doesn't look great.

It was the most horrible thing ever.

5. I had just finished a faceup, was spraying the sealer on the head and bumped the thing it was sitting on, the head fell, and I caught it...however it was still wet and I caught it face down in my palm. I had to wipe and redo it all.

6. While waiting for my friend to finish posing her doll for a photo, Gale was standing unaided. I wasn't paying much attention and when the wind blew he did a faceplant onto concrete. XP

Thankfully, his head was turned to the side so he escaped with a slightly scratched ear rather than a scratched face-up. =_=;; I'm never taking my eyes off him again.

Before that, I've had Gale fall off the top of the TV onto carpet and someone accidentally knocking him off a night table because they forgot he was sitting on top of it. =_=;; Thankfully, he's suffered no damage besides the close encounter with concrete.

7. Once I dropped Calliel and at that time they were building an extension in the room, he missed a bucket of cement by an inch...that scared me pretty badly~

And this probably doesn't count but I had a dream I dropped him and his nose broke off o__o; Thank goodness that wasn't real...

8. Ahh, what I've had isn't serious and the worst was a finger that just randomly decided to crack - nothing was a big deal.

October's knees are horrible ( getting new ones though @_@ ) and he's face-planted soooo much while standing that if he does it, I just make an angry sound and ignore him until I'm done doing whatever I'm doing. x3 Of course, I'd feel stupid after if it turned out he'd dinged himself ~__~

9. When both Mike and Aiden fell onto concrete. Aiden fell from a higher height, and was perfectly fine. Mike on the other hand, his nose chipped, he has a small chip out of his leg...and on top of that, when I went to wire him before that, I clipped his leg getting it in there.

10. My worst dollie accident involved my Kaede *sniff*
      She fell over while standing on my dresser. Her head hit the tip of a tower on a little Disney Castle figurine I had sitting by her. The gold paint from the castle came off on her forehead head and there was a good size chunk of her coating and blushing that got scarped off. This is all on her default face up. I ended up having to remove most of the blushing on her forehead to try and even out the damage and make it less noticeable.

11. i've had a couple of dolls fall and break fingers.

the worst accident was with my volks nono. She was sitting with a bunch of other dolls on a table at a restaurant and the waitress bumped her and she fell on the ground. I checked her hands and face and nothing was broken so i thought she was alright. Well the next day i was undressing her and found a large chunk of her butt missing. she was wearing a dress so the resin piece must have fallen at the restaurant. Luckily another local person, lilykoi, fixed her butt to make it look a good as new.

12. My doll Ghita seems to have the worst luck, she was standing on the coffee table one day while I was taking pictures and I turned around for a second and she fell over and broke 2 of her fingers off. I was very distressd but I glued then back on. Then at a doll meet-up she was posed by a fountain and I once again turned my back for just a second and she toppled over and went for a swim! I was very upset and grabbed her out and started taking her apart immeaditly so that her elastic could dry out. She turned out just fine you should have seen the crowd that gathered when I was taking her clothes off and pulling her apart.

13. Oh, my!

I was taking pictures of Adrian, and I was showing my little brother how to use the camera, and left her sitting on a tree (stupid, stupid me) and she feel about 3 feet on to rocky soil. I nearly died!

14. I've been pretty lucky, I think. One of my cats knocked Rei over and he now has a broken finger, but I can deal with that - it's starting to become part of his character. And a few heads have fallen off shelves and gotten little scratches, but really nothing too bad.

15. UUUM. My dolls faceup melted off?
      Hayden V.1 (I've had 2 Els as Hayden)... his faceup melted off. I have no idea why, but his lips started running and his eyebrows smudged when I touched it... and and I cried ;_;

16. Aidri's been my accident-prone one, and of course HE'S the one I can't replace. -_- I dropped him onto concrete once and took chunks out of the bottom of one of his feet, but I sanded it down and now it's not really noticeable. His big accident, though, was the time I accidentally took off the end of his nose with a razor. I'll hate myself forever for that one.

17. When I was posing my dolls in the top of the shelf where they use to be, I was trying some fancy standing poses (because I love to stare at them from my bed). Then, the worst happened and Calais collapsed, the dolls started to crumble down like a row of dominos... y catched them all on the flight, used both my hands, an elbow, a knee and even my mouth! And then I realized I was unable to move, risking to drop all down, and could not even ask for help becuase Y was holding roy with the teeth... it was so ridiculous that almost was funny, if not for the stress I passed XD.

18. Well, Hunter was standing on the concrete, and fell, he was fine. Artemis was in a chair i was carrying to my room, fell face first onto the wood floor, and she was fine. I think the worst was when hunter had his violaine faceup, and his lips, maybe cuz of the weather, started to chip off. Me, being a dumbo, decided to redo them. The msc wouldn't stick, I got mad, and sprayed right on top of his face, and the paint and pastels started melting off! I was like OMG! I had to take the whole thing off. :(