1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the worst accident that ever befell your doll?

Apr 26, 2007

1. I've thankfully never had a really bad accident with my doll.
      Once she was sat on the floor with me and my friend dropped a heavy salt shaker on her legs. It left a tiny tiny mark no one would notice but me, In the first few nano seconds I felt mad but he patted her legs right away and I thought it was sweet, lol I guess it was my fault for sitting her on the floor. :doh
      Though I did lecture him about being extra aware of her. She was almost sat on once too. :|

2. I hear all these horror stories about dollies' noses almost breaking off, but has anyone had that happen to them? I just want to know if it's something that I should be worrying about! ( I haven't even got mine yet and I still have nightmares about his nose falling off XD; )

3. Xiri's done a couple of faceplants, but the worst thing to ever happen was when I cracked the back of my head on her hard little nose. It hurt like mad and I was afraid I'd broken her nose. XD

4. I had a white Unoa Sist ...with the Masters face-up
      she was quite stunning
      it had a slight run on eye lid ...so I touched it up with watercolours :...(

that went well ...and when the Mr Superclear arrived I sprayed it

and the whole face-up peeled off ...it went white and bloomed and peeled off

I was absoluty gutted ...I cried

........and sold her shortley after
      I never forgave myself

5. I had just gotten Umeko and Just taught her how to stand, so I stood her on my bedside table while I watched TV, then THUD, she fell face first into the garbage can -_-;; she wasnt hurt but I learned my lesson

6. My doll just got shipped to the wrong country. I havent even got it yet and it might already be lost.
      Do I win a prize for biggest accident?;)

7. Well i had a beautiful Artist porcellaine doll about 5 years agao she cost me over £800gb and I loved her so much, one day I deceided to remove her from my bedroom and display her in my lounge unfortunatly I slipped when carring her down the stairs and I went top to bottom and there she lay on the floor in 100's of pieces, I hurt my back and was very brusied but I was devastated about my doll as she was a limit of 5 and I could never find a replacement. Now if I carry a Porcelaine or OOAK down stairs I must confess that i go down on my bum so the same thing doesnt happen again lols.

8. Worst accident that happened to one of my doll was during her shippment. I received my Juri 2006 head with her headcap in little pieces. Lucky, Luts replaced her with no problem.

When she was already finished, she felt form a table, she hit the ground with her face and nothing happened :P

9. I let my bf take pics of her (I was too happy to see him show a positive interest, he's not so fond of my hobby XD), and she felt, and he caught her just in time. Except when I took her half an hour later, I realized she had one missing finger ^^; No big deal, I hope nothing else is coming ^_^

10. Oh dear. I hope your "kid" turns up! :sweat

Good luck!

~Anrui

11. I had my SD sitting on a flat section of the banister on our stairs... we have a winding staircase, sort of, so there's a big hole in the middle of them leading down to the bottom floor. (there's five floors)
      I dropped my darling SD down three floors. He ended up landing on some jade plants. He broke two jade plants that were under him and chipped a bit of the clay on the pot. He was dirty and I had to wash his clothes, but he was totally fine xD
      Scared the living daylights outta me though X-x

12. OH MY GOD
      O_O
      I WOULD'VE DIED

how the HeCK did that happen!?! why was he hanging over a hotel balcony/!?!??!?!

O_OO_O_O_OO_O_O

13. I thought my very pretty modded Yuu could stand on his own wile I worked on his twin sister. I was in Nikku-sama's room and she had linoleum floors. he went face first into them...

Lesson learned, his nose got flattened on the tim. The thunk sound made me ill and I went into shock after hearing it. Nikku did the only thing that could be done and whipped out snadpaper to even it out. I could barely breathe (i have athsma, I know, total dork O.o) She evened it out, and I just kept saying "He'll never be the same"...

No more standing the twins up unattended! (it was the shoes ow I'm convinced, cute but evil they are!

14. That garbage can incident sounds nearly suicidal... Or the dollie spotted candy paper.. ^^;

But wow... I'll probably never dare to take one out to asfalt or concrete... If I do I'll have her stand on a big blanket or something. XD

15. NEVER TRUST YOUR PETS. My Siberian Husky sneaked into my room one day (he knew that my room was out-of-bound and i thought i've locked my door) and here's what he did to my poor Takuno on his fifth day of arrival:

Left many teethmarks on his headcap and the paint on his right eyebrow was scraped off a little
      [​IMG]

A big chip off the back of his head
      [​IMG]

A horrible dent near his left eyebrow
      [​IMG]

That night I cried my whole heart out. I'm the type of person who can't stand imperfection and the thought of selling Taku's head away did flash across my mind *guilty*. But i know i'll feel terrible if i were to abandon him at that time. I felt so bad, because he was in such excellent condition when he first arrived at my place! My family just couldn't understand why i was so heartbroken - they thought with money, i could easily get another F-28 head. While this is true in a sense, i came to realize that Taku is irreplaceable.

So i decided to keep him. I'm not the type who comes up with elaborate background stories for my dolls, but for Taku i came up with a story to explain his scars and it did help me to bond with him better. Now he's at Shuui's place for his face repaint + repair, and we miss him so much!!! I'm just so glad that i didn't cast him away or anything~~~

[Sidetrack]: He was named "Kuroki Takuno" as i wanted him to be a brave soul. I guess he really is one tough boy :)

16. Oh dear!!! Has your doll arrived safely at your place???

17. The worst thing that happened to Kiahn is probably when I was opening his 3th eye and accidentey slipped out with my Stanley knife and scratched his eyebrow ^^"""""

18. Uuurgh.. >__< This all makes me cry.
      The worst doll accident I've had is when my girl Soony got her new body. It was very loosely strung and she flopped all over the place. When I placed her on my desk (where I make all my dolls clothes) She "slided" right off because of her loose stringing and she landed right in the trash can I keep below! :O
      At first i didnt see any damage but when I touched her face near the eye, a chunk of resin fell off! It wasn't big or anything but it destroyed the lower lashes painted onto my girl by Luts.. I cried like a baby for a day, wondering how I should fix it. I still haven't :(

19. the worst and only accident that's happened to my dolls is that Isazu lost a finger... i have no idea how, i reached across him to get something and when i pulled my hand back it (the finger) was lying in his lap! i tried gluing it back on but nothing would hold so eventually i just ordered a new hand off Ebay.

other than a lot of eyelashes falling off, that's it. i suppose, listening to some of the stories on here, i'm lucky *crosses toes*

20. I was posing one of my girls outside on the grass for a photo when she fell forward. I thought that the grass would be soft enough. She wasn't broken, but the grass left several scratches in her faceup--on her cheeks. It was upsetting!--mostly because I shouldn't have thought she was safe just because it was grass! I really like her faceup, and the scratches are not very obvious, so I haven't had her faceup re-done to fix it.

About noses falling off--it hasn't happened to me--but I saw a doll fall at a meetup and break two fingers and chip her nose! It was horrible--and the poor owner was really upset (of course). Everyone tried to assure her it all could be fixed. ... resin can definitely break and chip! Those who had dolls that fell on hard surfaces are lucky if nothing major breaks! :(