1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the worst accident that ever befell your doll?

Apr 26, 2007

1. The worst thing to happen to my dolls is actually a person.
      Normally I keep Erebos upstairs when people come over because I don't trust them around him nor do I like the teasing. However, my new Chubby (whom I'm just going to call Itzal for now) is small enough for me to keep an eye on and carry around. But yesterday I put Itzal down while said person person was over and went to get something. I wasn't even gone a minute when I come back to find him swinging him around by the arms, like holding his arms out like an axis and spinning his body.

I almost smacked him, but I screamed at him instead. It took me half an hour to untwist him. Thankfully his arm strings are seperate and knotted in the chest. He was tight to begin with, the poor thing didn't need that. Said friend apologized rather scincerely, but I still don't think he understands. Next time I outta toss around one of his precious Warhammer models...

2. one time I was working on my girls face-up, I set her head on the kitchen table and it rolled off onto the tile. I was freaked, but she was okay. *wipes sweat from forehead*

3. My girl must be so scared of me because of all the accidents I get her into...First I tried restringing her and the S hook for her foot snapped. I replaced it with wire just to keep it there. The week after that I was taking her on her first outside trip and I got into a car accident, and the foot that I was using a wire for, disappeared! I couldn't find it anywhere...Luckily though that was the only thing that happened to her.

4. Part of the inner skeleton in the waist of my Obitsu 60cm broke while I was posing her at a doll meet. The replacement part was easy to get, but it took awhile to get here, and I couldn't do anything with her for over two weeks :(

5. Worst one to date, faceplant onto solid concrete denting the end of Trys' pointy shiwoo nose, hence it's NOT so pointy nature now. He's also fallen into the sink and nearly lost a foot, slipped into the bath and chipped his hip, he's just chronically accident prone bless him!

6. Upon a day clouded and dreary...absent-minded and foolhardy...
      Thus severed but regained...except for the scar left to remind.

;_;

~Jaime

7. mine was.. when i tried to restring my boy ferdia, he's o-hook (or s-hook in some bodies) snapped through his neck and outta his torso. i literally cried! man, and once, he was standing next to be and i accidentally whacked him and he fell flat on his nose. thank god nothing happened!

and once.. somehow.. when i woke up, i saw ferdia upside down next to my bed o.o

8. Oh, oh, oh... *cries for you* Now mine seems so much smaller in comparison, I just went to make an earring hole slightly larger on my doll where it was tight and not deep enough, and the drill tip broke off in her head. And of course is lodged so I can't get it out without digging into the resin. >.<;;

Becca

9. That would really freak me out. Although... with it not being immediate and in front of me to make me cry, I have the thought that it could make for an awesome photo story with the knight who is wounded terribly with a spear, and it could really go in the hole in the doll.... before you patch it of course. Not that I would leave a doll with a hole in it. Poor thing. Yep. (Was that a really terrible thing to think? :| )

Becca

10. wow, by these stories, the dolls are much harder than they seem.
      I am sorry for all the misfortunes that has happened though
      At least there's no torso that snapped in half o.o;

11. One of my girl's wrist ball joints rolled off my bed while I was restringing her, and I didn't find it for three days. *_*

12. My Isolde's last three fingers on her hand were broken off at Anime Boston by a poncy louse who tossed his bag on top of the bag I had my girl in (I was staff for Anime Boston, so I couldn't throttle the skeevy git like I wanted to)..I was heartbroken. I used epoxy glue to fix her hand when I was visiting in Texas, and her right-ring finger came off before I got on the bus to head home after all that travelling....

Time to get a set of replacement hands and do something interesting to her broken one!

However, that was the worst that happened to her on that trip and I am very thankful since it was two plane trips, three long bus rides, and over three thousand, five hundred miles.

13. I've been personally responsible a few times for messing up my dolls, though the worst has got to be what I did to my Touya. I made him some cool red tights, and this was just when I was first starting with these dolls...and well...the red tights stained Touya's legs totally pink and because the Rasendo resin is, like I said, when these dolls were first being made, it sucks, and I've never been able to get all the pink out, even with sanding. So he just has pinkish legs in places.

I did completely lose the upper arms of my first mini, which I replaced with a steel ball and a bit of trombone slide and they work fine.

I know there is someone on this forum that melted off the nose and mouth of their Ciel with acetone. That's got to be the most horrible BJD accident I've heard of.

14. Minou decided to drop of a swing, got his legs stained terribly by a pair of black jeans and while I tried to remove the staining the hook in his foot snapped and his leg flew of O.o I have bended that hook back so that it holds now but I don't know how long it will last, so I'll probably have to get him s-hooks asap. Otherwise he's fine, he has a little mark on his face as a memory from falling down in the sand, and also a few black marks left in his joints since I haven't got the courage to take him apart yet.. o.x

My friend made fun of my overly-protectiness of him while we tried to get his leg back in place; "oh nooo this wire has made scratches inside his leg, what are you gonna do?!?!? He'll probably die now!!"

15. Well, I don't have a doll yet, so maybe I shouldn't be posting, but... I live on the twentieth floor of an apartment building, and I'm worried even now that I'll accidentally drop a doll when I have her with me out on the balcony. :sweat If that ever does happen, I'll be sure to come back here and blow all of you guys out of the water. XD

16. The worst thing that has happened to my little Wes was when i had him at school sitting on a table and some guy sat on the other side of the table and launched him off the table!:O You should have seen my face! His head cap popped off and his body was in a weird position! I was MORTIFIED! I was about to kill the guy but saw Wes was(AMAZINGLY) not broken/scratched/ect. AT ALL and was fine^.^ It was SO amazing to see he was unscathed.
      Ever since i've gotten him(about 4 weeks ago) he was fallen at LEAST 10 times and STILL has NO scratches! He is a Tad bit dirty though.

TC & Wes

17. Nino's old body was an SD10 jointed, and once I'd left him standing up on a desk being hugged by Aiba. When I came back, he and Aiba were on the floor. They seemed fine, but three days later I discovered Nino had a large l-shaped crack in his butt. =_=;; Sold the body (I was planning to anyway) but for a good amount less than a body with ONE buttcrack would have. XD

18. I brought Morgan to the mall with me one time. I had Morgan sitting in my purse with just his head sticking out while I tried on clothes. On the way out of a dressing room, I didn't realize it but the door was on a spring and it snaped backward and clocked Morgan! :o His head spun around backward and I screamed like bloody hell. My precise dolly :...(

Luckily, he was just fine.

It makes me giggle to think back on what a huge scene I made :sweat

19. Well...

My little brother decided he wanted to help me carry Angel (Delf Lishe) upstairs for me while I carried my art stuff. What he didn't tell me, was that he was also carrying a rather large art folder. I went upstairs in time to see him struggling my door open with his hands full and wacking poor Angel's face against my blue-painted bedroom wall x_x; There was a blue mark about half a centimeter long on her left cheek ><; I rubbed my finger against the cheek, thinking it would come off and be fine, but then the spot of make-up came off too... It is now a flesh coloured mark with w blue dot in the middle that I'm too worried about destorying her face-up to fix.

Annnnd last year, I was cleaning my Tender Too with fairy liquid and a bowl of tepid water. Unfortunatly, scrubbing his lips, I noticed a green tint to the resin which I couldn't remove. When I covered it with make-up, it was fine though. I removed the face up a couple of months later and it seemed to be gone, so I was really happy ^^...

Until last week.

The mark is still there, so I took my for sale thingy down on DOA while I try to find a way to remove it x.x; I think it was the lighting in the room that made it look like it was gone.

I feel like the worst doll owner ever.

20. Probably the worst thing that's happened to Issachar was a face plant in some asphalt while on a trip. We were going to St. Louis for a school thing and stopped at this little gas station so everyone could feel better about sitting in a van for another three hours, you know? Well, we were travelling along Route 66, but for some reason they had a sign that said 'Route 666'. Now, my boy is a priest and I just couldn't pass up an opportunity like that, ne? So I got him all posed under the sign when a large gust of wind knocked him face down. Everyone, including our band director screamed lol. I even have a picture of him falling. I was lucky though. His face-up remained unscathed and the only damage was a dent iin the tip of his nose from hitting a rock. It's really tiny and after I cleaned the dirt out of it, you can hardly see it^^ He's had a few other falls and bumps, but they haven't done anything to him. He's very hardy lol