1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the worst accident that ever befell your doll?

Apr 26, 2007

1. My 1sy El, Adrien was sitting on the edge of a table when a friend of mine with a rather large...um...behind...knocked him off the edge with it. He fell face first onto a concrete floor with a rather large crack sound. I was so sure he'd broken, but all that happened was his head cap had actually been knocked out of place, and the msc had rubbed off his nose! Since then, no matter how careful I am I have had several other dolls fall, and face plant in to the ground, etc. Only 2 times has there been a break, and both time the damage was minor and easily repaired. :sweat

2. Hmm... Well, I was blushing Ichi's, my DOC H. Ivan, body...aaand, while outside on the concrete and spraying his lower torso, a bee landed on my hand and I flipped. I screamed and Ichi's body went flying! It bounced off the concrete and scrached all up. ;_; I tried sanding them, but the biggest was on his poor little butt and one cheek was getting smaller than his so I stopped. ^^; He's got battle wounds now. They fit his character, so I don't worry about them much. XD

And with Ichi, the first sunny day that I had him, I took him outside and he faceplated into the concrete while I was picking up already hatched out of eggs for Biology class. Omg, I was mortified, but it ended up that just a couple of his eyelashes just got cracked off. o_o Not so bad, but poor Ichi always get damaged! x___x

3. I didn't get my doll yet but now I am totally paranoid since reading this thread! I hope I never have to post in here again!!!!! :( sorry to those of you with broken dollies :(

4. Skyler, my Elf Ducan, was standing on the table next to my laptop, and just happened fiddle with his trouser leg. When I turned my attention away, thinking he was still balanced, he did a sumosault onto the table, then onto the floor. After picking him up to check him over, one of his fingers had snapped off (his beautiful elf hands too:( )

5. Bert is the most accident prone doll ever. I'm so terrified to leaving him standing anywhere.
      About an hour after I opened his box up, he was sitting on my mums bed with his legs over the edge, when suddenly he just dropped off and hit his face on the wooden floor, and caught his eyebrow on the corner of a box and chipped his perfect eyebrow.
      Then about two months ago he was standing on the table and pitched off and hit his head on the corner of the marble fireplace. It cracked his headcap pretty badly, it flew off and skittered into the backdoor.

He's also fallen over onto concrete and marked his chin, fallen into a pond in the garden that he was about three feet away from, and divebombed off the table into a glass which smashed. And last week I had him at school to help with my art exam, and his head fell off the desk onto the concrete floor and rolled under the cupboard. my art teacher was almost crying because he hadn't put his head on the table properly.

I'm too scared to put him anywhere that isn't a carpeted floor with nothing in a five metre diametre.

6. Ohhhh! That was me! I'm still sick at my stomach about that one. I have ordered a new Ciel head with a face-up,
      I think thats the only way I could get over it, plus I sold the head, so I don't have to see it anymore.

7. You did the right thing in just replacing it and forget about the old head. I'm just glad it was a doll still in production. I know after seeing that that I'm keeping any acetone I have in an entirely other room from any of my babies! You learned the lesson the hard way, but anyone who saw your post was educated to the highest degree, so I thank you for posting about it. :D

8. Spaghetti.

I have a hard time sitting still, so I'll wander around sometimes while I'm eating.
      I dropped some spaghetti on Violet's leg way back in 2003 x.x

And of course my Unoa's hooks straightened out and shot up into her legs to get stuck. Now I replace the hooks with twine in all of my dolls immediately when they arrive, except CP. The hooks in CP hands are plenty strong enough, thank goodness.

Luckily for me, I love repairing damaged dolls so any accidents that may crop up in the future won't be an issue.

9. My Perrin, a 45cm Narin, fell while I was taking pictures, and broke his little finger off. :( I glued it, and we went on, but I felt awful. He has a replacement hand, now.

10. *cries* Unfortunately I can now add to this thread! Seven, my KD Hodoo, just faceplanted into concreate and got a chunk taken out of the tip of his nose! I sanded it, and now it looks like he's got a battlescar, but the shape of his nose is pretty much the same thankfully! I'm still in tears about it though!!

11. Im insanely careful with my dolls, I treat them like glass basically. But when I took my pictures at xmas my domuya boy wasnt as well balanced as i thought he was and fell over on the carpet, luckily i caught it and only his headcap opened a bit. Just simply refitted it back together.

12. Laika once got a case of spontaneous knee fatigue, and fell face-first against a concrete wall, with his head wedged between the wall and a cinder-block.

But the #13 Goddesses were with him: Not a single scratch on his eyebrows, lips, even his long Tony nose. He got a scuff on his forehead right where it meets his headcap, invisible under his hair; he lost a couple little chunks out of his ear, which he wants pierced anyway; and he got a scar in the blushing along the same cheek (not in the resin, just the paint), which he thinks makes him look tough. Just my luck to get a juvenile delinquent who's into scars.

(My friend's beautiful Elfdoll Wu took a similar tumble onto the same concrete another time, however... but he didn't fare nearly as well... he landed right on his nose, skinned the tip of it right off, and the damage went all the way down into the layers of resin. Poor Willie the Wu has since had his nose sanded & reshaped & refinished, and he looks beautiful, and his owner thinks that imperfection gives him character. :) )

13. Sheesh you should be more careful :o

14. I used some blue nail polish remover to take off my girls face up, now her BW skin is kinda beauty blue (TT_TT) i still love her though!!!!!

15. Well thankfully (and knock on wood) the worse thing that happened to me and the dolls was when Samantha decided to headbutt my sister!!! My sis was freaked out that Samantha had chipped but she was fine. However, my sis is sure that Samantha doesn't like her now and cuddles my MSD!! *^___^*

So....not that bad, thank goodness!

16. :lol: I am quite careful! But accidents do happen. Do you realize how quickly accidents can happen, to dolls or people? A half-second is all it takes-- one half-second where the doll starts to fall, and you can't smack the tripod out of your way fast enough. Or, one half-second for your child to stop in the middle of the street, and the car to miss its brakes. You know? Fate, accidents, etc.

Considering I have 15 dollyboys, and I take almost all of them outside frequently, and put them in exotic locations & risky poses, I think I have been quite lucky so far. Sooner or later, the law of averages will catch up with you!

The alternative = boring photos. ^^

17. Aww poor Bert *chuckle*
      That's pretty endearing though..

18. Worst accident ever...I guess it was that time when i was trying to pose Indigo on that tree for taking a photo...And he fell down!It was one of the scariest moments of my life...I was so scared that couldn't take him from the ground,asked my mom to check instead ;__;
      Hopefully there were no serious damages...But i felt so guilty...

19. my Mykal tumbled from a table, and struck a column with his face and then hit the concrete. :( He had deep gouges on his left cheek from the scraping on the column on his way down, and then broke the top of his ear off :( I'm now searching for a new BW shiwoo vamp head :(

20. Wow! I don't have any stories to add since I'm waiting on the arrival of my first BJD, but this has been really interesting and helpful to read about everyone's mishaps and how to survive!