1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was Your first Doll? - Pt.2

Oct 3, 2016

1. My first doll was Luts kid delf Ani. She had a big cute eyes and I loved her, but didn’t know which part of my story she should be.
      I was a student and saved money for a long time to buy her. It was so excited, when we finally met.
      She lived with me for five or six years and it was a beautiful time. Then I fell in love with Fairyland dolls, so Ani went a new home.

2. My first doll was a MYOU Wind, who I named Finley! He was brand new at the time, and I was the first person to buy him (at least on Alice's Collections). As soon as I turned 16 and was able to legally get a job in my state, I got a job in order to pay for him. He's what I spent my first ever paycheck on, and it was totally worth it. Prior to me buying him, when I was 15, I spent months browsing every doll I could find for sale online, nitpicking everything about their features or price in order to find which doll I wanted. He actually wasn't the doll I was initially wanting (I initially really wanted an Island Doll LE, which I ended up getting later), but when I first laid my eyes upon MYOU Wind I knew he was the one (both in terms of looks and affordability). In that time, I also spent months convincing my mom to let me order a BJD. She eventually agreed when I laid out the plan for her of me getting a job asap in order to pay for one. She was still reluctant, because she didn't understand why a doll would be so expensive, but it all worked out in the end.

I don't recall how much he was, but I think it was around $200? I remember him and his clothes were both on sale, so I got them both, and mistakenly thought that the free shipping with $100 of clothing/accessories also applied to the individual doll clothes, not just the ACBJD clothes, so I tried to get free shipping through the fullset clothes as well as a couple other clothes from ACBJD. Luckily Alice's Collections was super nice and understanding about it and gave me a discount on the amount of shipping I ended up owing anyway.

When he first arrived, I was soooo excited. I locked myself in my room and took tons of pictures of every step of my unboxing process. Something I didn't know at the time (because I had no prior reference point) was that he was suuuuuper tightly strung. I really struggled to get his head off, and sadly ended up gouging some of the resin inside his head in the process of trying to remove it (luckily it's not visible on the outside at all). It was also super hard to get him to hold any poses or even stand because of how tightly he was strung, he's joints would just snap into different positions randomly. Another issue was that 14mm eyes (the ones they said would fit him) didn't fit him properly, so for the longest time his eyes would look like dark voids in all the pictures I'd take of him because they didn't get enough light hitting them. I think this was a problem of eye sizing, but also the resin in his eye sockets being thicker than normal, so they were set farther back into his head. I eventually got that situation figured out, but like I said, the resin in his eye sockets is thicker so you have to work with good lighting in order to ensure his eyes are best visible.

He was also the doll I did my first face up on. I remember being so proud of my face up when I first did it, but after a month or two I realized that I really didn't like it and that it looked pretty bad. I wiped it, left him nude for little while, and eventually redid it a few months later. The redone face up is still the one he has today, and it's crazy how much of an improvement it is from the first one. I'm not sure how my skills went from pretty bad to quite good over the course of a single face up.

This post is getting very long and rambly, so I'll leave it off by saying that I still love Finley a ton. It may be weird to say, but he feels like a son to me. I have a soft spot for him above all my other dolls, probably due to the fact that he is my first. I hear about people eventually getting rid of their first dolls, but I can't imagine getting rid of him at all. While he may not fit the aesthetic of dolls I go for nowadays, I will always keep him as he is.

3. Mine is Luts Senior Delf. I got him second hand with the company face up, original box, COAs, extra clothes, wigs, and a pair of eyes. I wasn’t planning on getting an SD size BJD doll anytime soon until I saw him… Everything is a blur afterwards. Dressing him up for the first time was so exciting and terrifying. But I literally ran to take pictures of him right after. The sun was setting, so I got the golden hour lighting and couldn’t be happier

Well, he was the first doll I received. I’m ordered a YoSD Dividing Line elf before him to “try BJDs out.” But because her shipping took long she became my third one lol

4. My first doll was an Oasis doll Linglan i got secondhand off of Instagram.