1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was Your first Doll?

Dec 8, 2012

1. My first doll was a Dollzone Edward. I'm still very proud of him and he'll always be my favourite.

2. My first doll was Athena, my Dollzone Annie. She's currently my only full doll, but I plan on getting her some friends really soon! She's really special to me and is one of my OCs for my story.

3. my first, and so far only doll, is a fairyland littlefee shiwoo <3 I'm the third owner of him, he is hardly used though. It is not my preferred type of doll but I still love him since he was a present from my friends :'D

4. Congratulations, I hope she gets to you really soon :D
      Waiting is hard work.

5. I ordered two dolls right around the same time way back in 2005 - first was a Dollshe Hound from Tensiya's first order, and a week later I ordered a Dreaming El from Luts. My El showed up first though, just a week before my Hound arrived. They were both great dolls, though I no longer own either of them. I definitely remember being surprised at the size of them when I got them though, as I'd never seen a bjd in person before! Knowing what 60cm & 70cm measure to and seeing it in doll form for the first time were two totally different things. XD

6. My Doll in Mind Flowne (elf) is my first doll. I found her while browsing on ebay and fell in love. At the time I was still young so I had to work my butt off doing yard work to get my parents to help me pay for her. (Too young for a credit card and for a job.) She had a owner before me. I don't remember the details, but at the time I felt like it was a good deal... haha! Still happy years later about my purchase.

7. My first doll was a Lati Yellow Bloodymoon Limited Vampire Lea. I bought her off of eBay because I was too impatient to wait for my other boy to arrive(I had just ordered him). I was so happy to find her for such a good price, until she arrived and I realized it was because she was heavily yellowed!! I sold her when my boy arrived because she looked horrible next to his brand new resin. It was a good experience for me to get a feel for a BJD and the texture of resin, and I do miss her sometimes.

8. Blue Fairy SF Benjamin =D

9. My first doll was my Doll Leaves Wish! I still adore him to this day! >v<

10. My first BJD was a felix Brownie doll =)

11. My first one, Ceylon, is still with me and will be the last one to go, if things ever come to that! Ceylon is a DreamingDoll Kelly sculpt. <3

12. 'Not a newbie here, either, but my first were a pair of twins... A standard CP/Delf Shiwoo and his Dreaming counterpart.

Harumatsu and Tien Jen are still with me. They'll have been here seven years in January.

13. My first doll, a DC Bella, was actually not my first choice. I spent weeks trying to pick the right size and mold for my first doll, but remained indecisive. I actually really wanted a DollZone Rosemary, but I was afraid that the long production time would make me fall out of love with her. I saw that DDE had DC Bellas in stock that could ship out right away, so I took the plunge because she looked a little like Rosemary. Now she has been with me for about 6 months, and I absolutly love her to death. There is no way I could ever give her up ^.^

14. A Dollzone Ray; he was the perfect sculpt for my Silas! H was out of production though, but I was lucky to find a pristine one for sale used. I love him so much, even if he doooes still need a body!

15. my first doll was Blue Fairy TF Kyle, I ordered him with the outfit, wig and make up as I was scared I will never make any clothes. Soon he will be 6 years old and I still have him.

16. My first doll was a Volks MSD Myu in June of 2007. I still have her (Actually, she's sitting next to me). I'm really glad she was my first doll, too, because Volks sells her in a kit. I strung her and did her faceup myself. Years later, I redid her faceup and covered her body with freckles. Honestly, I don't know that I would have had the courage to do the faceup on my own if I hadn't started with her without one. She's grown as i have and is the pillar of my doll family.

17. My first BJD was a Felix Brownie doll :D

18. My first doll was a Soom Idealian 51 (Danube, the blue eyed lover).
      He is a normal skin. Soom's normal skin looks great, plus I ordered him with body blushing and that really gives the resin a extra realistic look. I still love this doll. Here's some pictures of him:
      pic 1
      Pic 2

19. My first and currently only doll is Luna,a Nabiyette from Garden of Dolls. I am currently saving for a friend for her. I was thinking about making a dollhouse and miniatures so I wanted a doll that was 1:12 scale or close to it. I scoured the internet and found her. I thought her online pics were cute and that she should do for my intentions. Though once actually got her in my hands I fell in love. Pictures just don't do any of these dolls justice. They are so more beautiful up close and in person. I just couldn't set her down for the 1st 48 hours. I still just love staring at her:)

20. My first doll was a LUTS CP MOON <3 Thought he was just so manly at the time.