1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was Your first Doll?

Dec 8, 2012

1. My first doll was Luts Kid Delf Bomi, ordered in August 2005. I have him still.

2. My first doll was a "test" doll. She was a Bobobie sprite elf girl that I still have.

3. my first doll was my first BJD crush - Babette by Marti Presents Dolls. (I'm second owner.)

4. I just ordered my first doll and she is a Fairyland Sircca. I've got a long wait ahead of me, but I think she will be worth it :whee:

5. My first was an XM Robin who was bought secondhand

6. Mine was a tan Fairyland pukipuki Darjeeling, who I still have.

7. A Dream of Doll Homme Kirill, bought him in 2006 and sold him a few months later.

8. I've just got my first doll, Evelynn and she is wonderful! Fully motivated to work on stuff for her. It's very exciting and fun.

9. My first doll was Fairyland PukiPuki Pukisha named Momiji. She was my birthday present from friends. ^^ My first doll which I bought myself was Dollshe SA Husky. I bought him on DOA Marketplace in 2009. I have them still. =)

10. My first BJD, which I bought in 2012 on Ebay, was an Angel of Dream Qian. I'm thinking of selling her, but not sure if I will or not. I've come to love the tinies now and prefer to collect them.

11. My very first bjd was a Meadow Dolls Elleki.

12. My first doll was a Dollzone Vita-2. I like her a lot, but she isn't extra special yet. I guess I have to make her special.

13. A DollLove Night in tan... I miss her so bad :/ she was gorgeous haha, i'll probably get one in the future

14. A newbie here~ Just got my first BJD head - Distant Memory's Sunho and his body from DF-H is still on the way. I haven't done any faceups before so I'm really nervous to start doing faceup on him. Hope he'll turn out okay :evilplot::sweat

15. My first doll will be a Fairyland Minifee Mirwen, with a small bust, cutie legs and in natural skin~ I'm getting her without a face-up so I can do it myself, she'll be based off my OC Ariona. I'm super excited! :whee:

16. My fist doll was DollMore's Rhodonite Sara (aka Cosmia), because I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to having a 2ft. tall doll living with me. As a horror nut, I know how that tends to turn out. I'd cite price as a factor as well, but now that I've fallen deeper into the rabbit hole, I've discovered that you can get a (legit) SD size doll for way less than I paid for her-- $300~ for 40~cm. And I didn't even get blushing or sanding!

17. My first doll was a Volks Heath, about ten years ago. I still have him out on display - many dolls later, he's still one of my favourites.

18. My first doll was a Ringdoll Lucifer. Took one look at the sculpt and decided I had to have him.

19. It took me 5 years to decide on my first doll and it was a Dollzone Hid full set single jointed w/white resin. I still have him

20. My 1st doll was a SD Nana made in 1999 . I got her in 2002 and no one at her 1st con knew what a Dollfie SD was . I still have her today, She is one of 2 dolls that are on my for keeps list.