1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was Your first Doll?

Dec 8, 2012

1. My first doll was Luts Kid delf Hodoo boy that I bought back in 2009. I still have him ^_^

2. My first doll was Resinsoul Yao. I love her, she is just beautiful and the resin is super smooth. She is absolutely perfect!

3. My first doll is still in the making, but she's Dollmore's Dollpire Ballerina Dead Mansion Tara. A long name, I know. 8'D She's limited edition, maybe that's the reason for such a name monster. Warning! There's real raw meat in Dollmore's pictures of her.
      I can't wait for her to get here. ^_^

4. Well, he's just a head, but my first BJD was a Switch Hahwa. Unfortunately I'm selling him, but he was still my first one haha.

5. I have two "first dolls"...
      The first I paid was a SIO2 Dragen-Li (who is off-topic on this forum) but needs some 6 month to be realased and shipped... (I'm always waiting for).
      And the 2nd I paid was my Okaeri, but she is the first arrived at home.

6. Angel of Dream Fei :dance

7. Ringdoll Wagashi - as a direct result of seeing this photo: [​IMG]

Here's what she looked like when I first got her with her factor make-up.
      [​IMG]

And here she is now - her factor make-up died after 6 years so Angel Toast did this perfect repaint for me.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Her nose looks really pronounced with her new face-up but its much less obvious in real life. Her lips are horrifying from the side angle. She only gets 3/4 photos and full face photos because of it.

I love her though now that I have some Volks and Iplehouse dolls I can tell her old environmental resin is much more plasticy. That said, Ringdoll custom made a knee repair for me with their new resin and it's lovely and thick. I love her face too. She never became very popular (I think I'm the only one on the forum who has her and I'm pretty sure I'm the only US owner as well but there might be one or two I don't know about) but I find her precious.

And Ringdoll's old body is THE BOSS at wearing heels. Anything that's too high for my Iplehouse girl (with her heel feet) goes straight onto Corby's flat feet like a dream. Ringdoll told me at the time that they weren't making heel feet because she could already wear heels, but I didn't understand until I did her review video on youtube what that meant.

Ignore the poor quality of this video - I just now paid off my student loans so I had to pick between dolls and cameras back in the day. Also that hair is not a wig - I just need a cut badly.

#947 Crimsoncat, Jun 24, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    8. My first doll was a Dollfie Dream Kirika.

9. Mine was a Dollfie Dream Dynamite. I don't know why I chose her, but we didn't bond, so I sold her with a bunch of accessories and handmade clothes.

10. My first was a Minifee Eliya!

11. Mine was an impledoll moon that I bought secondhand. Ultimately I decided to sell her because I ultimately decided I don't like impledoll bodies ^^

12. My first doll was DELF Shiwoo LUTS.

13. My first was Doll Chateau's Jakov. I love him :)

14. My first is luts lishe .....

15. The first doll that I've ordered is a DollZone Pumpkin...
      the first doll actually in my hands is a lovely older Volks SD13 Sara.

Funny how these things go!

16. She hasn't arrived yet, but she is a DC Evangeline (unless I cave and buy a FL Realpuki Papilio before she arrives). Evangeline is coming with a Nehemie event doll also (who I love but I don't think is on-topic for DoA).

17. My first doll is my lovely DollZone Annie, her name is Nyx. I fell in love with the attitude of her sculpt but later switched the old DZ body for a new one that had a bit more curve. <3

18. @Ansell You and I have the same first sculpt! I have a Dollzone Annie boy shipping to me right now from the previous owner.

19. @hologuts That's awesome, I'd love to see pictures once you have him!

20. LittleRebel Jelle on a Fantasy Doll body for me! ^0^