1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was Your first Doll?

Dec 8, 2012

1. My first doll I actually won in a raffle back in 2007. He was a Luts Delf Shiwoo head on a Fantasy Doll body. Unfortunately earlier this summer I finally got up the nerve to send off the head to have his face up redone and on his way home the package got lost despite there being tracking on it.

The first doll I bought myself is my Luts Kid Delf Kiwi.

2. My first doll was an AOD lele, bought locally from a doll shop although i didn't exactly love his face up. He looks much better now :p

Zia89 sorry to hear about your Shiwoo! I hope you get him back soon! :(

3. Omg I'm so sorry I didn't log on in a while.. Wow a lot of ppl responded.
      Zia89 - it's a shame to hear about your shiwoo.. I hope you get him back soon. :sweat
      i just got my AE cherry for Xmas, and I've been too lazy to post pics. Will do soon, she is so cute! :D

4. Congrats on getting your doll Yumi! :) Also congrats on starting a such a lively discussion topic! ;)

I'm also sorry to hear about Zia89's experience. I hope your doll can be traced and returned to you.

Meanwhile, my first doll was Volks SDC Kaede, and I still have her...my sweet Kaede-Sugar. :love I saw her in a full page ad in Haute Doll Magazine in 2004, and tried for her through Volks Japan, back in the dark ages when you had to use Babel Fish to translate their website page by page...LOL! But the website log in th Volks folks had given me didn't work, so I missed her. Then about a month later, I found and joined DoA and got her through the Marketplace. Kaede is about the same size as an MSD, but curvier like an SD13, so she was a great bridge from the fashion dolls I knew and collected, to the ABJD section of the doll world. :) Although I'm lucky enough to now have all of my "grail dolls", I still enjoy having Kaede, and don't think I'd ever park with her.

5. My first BJD was a Mythdoll Yue. I was incredibly lucky to actually receive her, as people who ordered around the same time as me never got them. There was loads of problems with Mythdoll, but I love my doll. She's been through a lot but she's very dear to me.

6. The first doll I bought was my Little Monica Irin girl but then a week later I found a Crobidoll T-line Bana on ebay and bought her. She got to me first, so I guess that she was my first doll :) still own them both.

7. My first doll was a DOC Zen, he is no longer with me and now belongs to a friend of mine. ^^

8. Haha, this one is easy because I just got my first one a few weeks ago! A 2009 Pipos Curo Basic.
      I am still so in love with the feel of his skin. It's so soft and smooth. I just love the matte finish. I'm probably going to rub off his finish the way I am caressing him all the time.

9. My first doll was a boy Angel of Dream An. :3

10. Luts CP Moon. :aheartbea

11. Snow Queen Lea from Lati. Still waiting.....

12. My first doll was a Lati yellow Benny which I adopted from a friend of mine.
      She's my totally spoiled princess and I'll never let her go ^-^

13. Mine is a Doll-Love Anona. Who I've realised IS my grail doll. I now can't find anything I like as much as/more than her! Sure, she's a cheap doll, being less than $200, but she's stunning!

14. AoD tanned Chi coming up on 5 years ago and he's still my absolute favourite doll.

15. My first doll was an Obitsu Sheba. I loved him dearly, but in spite of his incredible ability to pose I couldn't enjoy him quite the way I wanted to because he was vinyl and thus very high maintenance for a doll I wanted to take places. His character, Max, was reshelled, but I still love the Sheba sculpt.

16. My first was MSD Ken from Volks!

17. My first was Pipos Baha, and I adore him, no matter who comes after him.

18. My first (and only) doll is a Kid Delf Darae. I love her so much :3

19. My first BJD is a Bobobie Espree. She's now just a head waiting for an AOD body.

20. Just got my first doll last friday, ResinSoul Mei and I love her but now I want more haha