1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What will my doll smell like?

Apr 4, 2006

1. Oh Yes, they definitely have a smell. A few owners have mentioned before that the smell gives them a headache at first, but eventualy it goes away and they can cuddle to their heart's content. Pesonally I love the way my boys smell. I keep them all in one room and it just smells like lovely new resin :)

You are really going to love your little honey when she gets here :) and we brissie folks are looking forward to both of you (and getting to share that wonderful new doll smell)

2. I can't decide whether I like the smell of BJDs because I like chemical smells, or if I like chemical smells because they remind me of BJDs! Either way, I think the smell is deliciously addictive, and I often like to pick up one of my boys just to catch a bit of the resin smell, hahaha~

3. Mmmm....best of both worlds. :).

4. i never noticed my Lishe's new resin smell. only the MSC after i sprayed her. it was bleah! for a week so i didn't really cuddle with her during this time.

5. *raises hand* I'm one of the sensitive-to-smells people. I get wicked headaches from the new doll smell. @.@ But I like the smell! ;_;

Mine still smell if you sniff them up close. It's a great smell, full of memories. *sigh* :3

Actually, my Volks had the strongest smell out of all of mine! XD I felt like I was gonna pass out from her. But I've never owned a CP... I really hope they're not worse than Volks, or else I'm in trouble if I ever get one!! X3

6. my camine stinks deliciously XD really i LOVE his smell XD it's just a shame that slowly the smell is going away. it's a bit of a sweet smell but i cannot exacly say what it is.

7. mine smells like a shop air freshener XD

8. I LOVE how Lexx smells... it's so nice... XD Everytime I open his box I'm like *sniiiiffff* :D It's HIS smell. It reminds me of him now. :aheartbea

9. I am obessed with it!!!

10. Some of my dolls didn't really smell at all, then a few others had a VERY strong resin smell, that disappeared after awhile.

I personally don't like that resin smell, and am glad it eventually goes away (well, unless you are sanding or something.)

11. luts and soom dolls have that smell of marker / paint thinner. no body else.

12. geez, it's like Pavlov's dog. I smell fresh resin and start to salivate ;p ;p

sad. heh, maybe the resin smell destroys braincells, that would explain a lot (about me).

13. Like... plasticy? I think Luts dolls smell most like their eyeputty, but it seems like after a while of having them you don't notice anymore. I don't, at least.

14. My doll smelled odd...I'm not sure if it's just me and my over-sensitive organs, but when I smelled my doll's leg, I got a sudden pain in my chest (around where my heart is) and I started to feel light headed. ^^' (never doing that again...)

15. Lolx, I'm in the same boat. I sleep very close to my boys. Just love the new resin smell, smell so sweet. Yes, Mr. Thinner, Mr. Surfacer also smells sweet to me :P

16. Yder and EL both smells like uhm...MSC? The smell has faded a little though.

17. I like the smell of new doll too!

18. Ooh..I love my boy's smell! XD when he's been out in the open the smell goes away, but when he's been in his box for a while the smell gets strong again! XD
      Haha...One time I found out where the smell was coming from--from the hollow parts inside his body...I bent my boy's arm and sniffed the glorious smell coming from the hole.. XD (but I stopped immediately because I got scared that I might inhale resin dust.. 0.0) LOL

19. I didn't notice any smell with my Shall... maybe I should go sniff her more. XD But my tiny Elfdoll came with the bottom of her box, under the pillows, lined with a piece of felt, and it seems like that piece was soaked in some kind of scented oil before it was put in there. So she smells like that. I'm not sure how to describe it. Very outdoorsy, sandalwood, kinda. It's nice. ^_^

20. GAH! I LOVE THE NEW BJD SMELL!!! *eye twitch*