1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What will my doll smell like?

Apr 4, 2006

1. I'm a bit perplexed by how my new doll smells (home from the factory, not pre-owned). She does not smell like resin. She smells like something I can not pinpoint, but it is quite pleasant. She arrived last week, her wig was new in the box and had been in my house for a month before she arrived. The scent does not seem to be coming from the wig, it's HER. She smells unusual, but nice, really nice. Has anyone noticed this with a new doll?

This is not the smell of resin, it's a sweet smell, not perfumy, just subtly sweet.

2. Hmmm, I don't know about tha but my dolls (other than the new ones) end up smelling like vanilla. It's weird... 0.o
      I do love the smell of fresh resin though.... ^^

3. I noticed that resin sometimes have this pleasantly sweet clean smell when brand new.

Congratulations! You just experienced the New Doll Smell! :lol:

4. Much better than a "new car smell' if you ask me! Although, almost as expensive...lol!

5. there are companys who put fragrances like ck one (e. g. Angell Studio) and stuff into the resin, but usually only if you order it.
      perhaps you've found a company who does this by default.

6. Lol all of mine do, but that's probably because I perfume their wigs :3

7. Hm, I just love the smell of resin! haha.
      I don't know if thats really a good thing for my lungs, but I do enjoy the smell of a brand new doll. It feels like home to me, it's just very comforting. :]

8. Ah yes, the new doll smell! It can be off-putting at first but once you get used to it, you'll want to inhale that scent over & over. It's an addictive substance you know.

9. :D I love New Doll Smell! Unfortunately all my three now smell like MSC, which is not really LESS nice, but it's different.

10. Haha, I just got my latest boy a couple nights ago, so he's still positively COVERED in that lovely resin-y smell! It's so awesome. And now the enclosed area where he and the other dolls are kept smells like it all over again. :aheartbea

11. My cupboard too! don't you love it?:aheartbea

12. I do actually like the fresh resin smell, it seems like each company so far has a slightly different smell :3

13. My doll from Volks still sometimes smells like this after a year of having her :P If I haven't changed her eyes in a while and I pop open the headcap - there it is! It generally just smells clean and a little chemical-like? :S

~I didn't know some companies put perfume in their resin o_o

14. mine all smell like MSC except my boy blaise, i perfumed his wig. lol

15. I've never noticed my dolls as actually having a smell. Maybe I'll have to give them a good sniff when I get home tonight.

16. hmmm new resin smell? i will be expereincing this soon >_> although i had a question, if i wanted my doll to smell nice, is it okay to spray the doll with perfume (like the body)? i think i read somewhere that oils are bad for a doll. so should i just spray the clothes/wig instead? :o sorry if its already been asked before, i'm new to bjds x_x;

17. I advice you to not spray any perfumes/fragrances directly on your doll. It can stain as well as damage the resin and cause weird discolorations.

I think spraying a piece of cloth or a wad of tissue with your preferred perfume and enclosing it with the doll clothes/wigs in a plastic container would help let the scent attach itself on the material.

I won't risk spraying even my dolls' clothes with perfume because it can stain the clothes. T_T

18. I love the new resin smell! My girl still smells like it! *3*

19. i can only smell the wig i cant wonder why my sister always says that my bjd smells like markers

20. My doll doesn't have a smell. The box has a faint sharpie scent but...he doesn't smell.

*likes the resin smell*