1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What worries you the least about your dolls?

Sep 16, 2019

1. Hmmm I worried a lot. But the least is posing? Though I don’t like when they are floppy!

2. I'm not very worried about them yellowing, as they are indoors and they don't get too much sunlight. And I also don't worry about them being haunted LOL

3. I don’t worry about a body beeing unattractive to me. If I find a doll whose head I really like, but body not so much, I probably won’t bother finding another one, just cause the body would mostly be covered by clothes anyways.

4. I don't worry too much about face-ups or blushing either. All my dolls have had theirs done by me, and although I do bond with the face, I can pretty easily do at least a similar one.

I'm not too concerned about yellowing either. I know it is very slow as I don't display my dolls, but it's gonna happen. I know I am able to fix it by dyeing, and none of my dolls except Venitus are so valuable I wouldn't dare to dye them.

5. Yellowing. It's a natural process and I agree with what someone said earlier about it showing the age of the doll, which to me is a testament to how long I've owned it (if i'm the first owner!).

Resale value. When a doll has lived out their time with me and I sell them for a lower price, I usually see the balance as paying for the joy the doll gave me until I decided to part with it, if that makes sense. I'm not fussed with matching the price or making a profit either, especially with the marketplace being what it is these days.

6. My dolls are my stress relief and a way to express myself creatively, so I really don’t worry about:
      1. yellowing...they’re content to age gracefully just like me!:)
      2. resale value...they’re all my friends, so they aren’t going anywhere.;)
      3. seam lines...wha..?:? Other than a Soom that arrived with seams sharp enough to draw blood which necessitated a bit of sanding, I really couldn’t care less.
      4. posability and standing...my crew are all lazy. They’re great slouchers and prefer to sit anyway.:lol:
      5. initial cost...I just use layaway to keep myself on a careful budget to keep costs under control.
      6. damage from everyday life...mods, repairs, face-ups...I’m pretty much creatively fearless!:thumbup
      7. Dolls matching one another...I consider my crew to be like an urban neighborhood (with examples from all walks of life interacting together.) Anything else would bore me.:3nodding:

7. Seam lines and rubbing in the joints arent things that I worry about. I did wonder if brushing some sealant on the joints when I take them apart could slow it down, but I buy tan dolls so both are expected.

8. Resale value. Unless I break my doll a little normal age and wear isn’t going to bother me. I know how to fix most stains and I am cool with the eventual mellowing that will happen to my doll. I don’t worry about keeping the same wig on her all the time because she’s never going to be bald so who cares about a bit of staining on her head cap.

If I am ever in such dire financial need that I have to sell my possessions, then I know selling my one doll is not going to fix my problems.

9. Yellowing and all the little chips, smudges and other flaws worry me the least, I think. I love when an old stuff looks old, it only tells a story. Also almost everything can be fixed when it's about these dolls. I like it.

I also don't worry handling the dolls. They are sturdier than I first thought

10. I'm a pretty big worrywart but I definitely worry a lot less than I did when I first started the hobby. After subjecting my first boy to so much I've come to realize just how resilient these dolls really are. And it gets tiresome worrying about everything all the time, haha.

I don't give a fig about staining since my dolls are never naked anyway, and it's nothing a bit of magic eraser can't clean off. Small scuffs and scratches don't bug me either. I don't care about resale value either because I'm never going to sell them. I also don't particularly care about precise resin matches, as long as it's close enough I'm fine with it. Yellowing I'm a bit more ambivalent about; I don't care at all when it comes to my NS and tan dolls, but I do have a slight fear for my white dolls and feel more cautious about leaving them sitting out, especially one that I've noticed has yellowed already.

11. I don't worry about them yellowing from normal indoor light. I carefully shield them from direct sunlight, as my first doll gotten damaged by it. :doh But regular light is fine. I don't worry about most of them being blank. I have most of them out anyway, and I'll get to giving them face-ups eventually. I no longer worry that they don't all go together aesthetically. As long as their similar enough in scale, I'm happy.

12. I guess I'll have to agree with yellowing and seam lines. Even if my dolls yellow over the years it won't bug me terribly much because I actually find I prefer the more yellow flesh tones. If it gets to the point that does start to bug me; paint and blushing to the rescue!
      Seam lines I have never really cared about. I suppose I just accept it as part of the doll and the process of making it.

13. the funny thing is that when I owned my first doll (10 years ago), the thing worries me the most was yellowing, just seconds in the sunshine would make me nervous:doh
      but after 10 years, now my first doll's skin already yellowed to a lemon color and I don't worry about this anymore, like you said, it shows the time we spent together and a lots of memories. :kitty1

14. Resale value. I don't care at all what they are considered worth, I chose each because I loved their looks.

15. I don't worry that I'll eventually lose interest in the hobby after having invested so much time and money, as many people seem to do. My attention sometimes wanders, but in the end I always come back to them with renewed enthusiasm.

Oh, and I couldn't care less about seam lines. They're a natural side effect of the casting process, so I feel they're just a reflection of what makes these dolls so special.

16. Hmm, things I worry the least about. Let me see....

I tend to be like most others that have already posted in this thread. I'm not too worried about yellowing (I'm comfortable with dyeing if I need to re-pink them), or if they either get stained from dark fabrics or a little dirty, as a magic eraser more often than not will take it all up. Customizing...for the most part, I'm pretty comfortable doing most mods. I've done elf ears, facial reshaping, eye widening and resin dyeing with little to no issue. I'm also not really bothered by seam lines, as long as they're not sharp enough to cut skin on anyways.

Another one I haven't seen anyone else mention that doesn't bother me that much? Allowing my cat to be present around my resin crew, whether I'm home or not. Because of their size (my SDs anyways), she doesn't really bother with them, and I think they provide her some company and comfort when I'm not around. I tend to get more concerned about my smaller dolls (off-topic/MSDs) as she's sometimes knocked them off shelves in the past. But the bigger members of my resin crew? Hardly a worry spent on it.:kitty2

17. I don't worry about who likes the doll I have, It's mine and I'm in love with him. Also don't worry about seam lines. My boy has not got any, but my first doll had some, and it never bothers me.

18. I think I don't worry about head sculpts as much as most people do. I've kept and loved my Dollzone Megi for nearly a whole decade despite the fact that I've always really disliked his face sculpt. I originally bought him because he was affordable, available from a local reseller, and came with a fullset that I really liked. His face was a compromise!

His face has never bothered me quite enough for me to commit to a buying a different head, although I've considered it many times. It's harder now that he's very yellow.

19. I don't worry about much. Yellowing, seams, wonky stringing, resale value, none of that. Staining is pretty easy to take care of and if he gets a little scratched then he has a new scar. While I'd rather not chip him or lose a finger, it's nothing some glue or epoxy can't take care of. I'm not worried about losing interest either. I'm in and out with every single one of my hobbies and this is no different. My dolls are always waiting on their shelf for when I'm ready to pick them up again.

20. -Resale value. I don't plan on ever getting rid of my dolls. But if I did, I'd have them for so long that I probably wouldn't even remember how much I've spent on them. Resell/Trade value means nothing to me, I don't see them as money objects or anything.
      -People not liking them, telling me how much they cost, etc. There are people who buy very expensive jerseys, jewelry, cars, trading cards, or whatever else people collect. My dolls are my business.
      -Seam lines, imperfections, etc. They're dolls, so obviously there are going to be things like that. Other types of dolls often have a lot of seam lines, bumps, imperfections, chips, etc. I can always edit them out of pictures if I really want to?
      -Damage and handling. I handle my boys carefully, obviously, but I know that damage is a natural part of life. Most everything can be fixed. Even if I can't do it, I know that I could find someone online to ship my doll off to for repair. I handle my dolls freely, because I paid for them and I see them as friends, so I don't want to limit myself.
      -Taking my dolls out into the public. We're friends, and I don't really care what others think.

#60 cerviidae, Jan 25, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 25, 2020