1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What worries you the least about your dolls?

Sep 16, 2019

1. This came up a few times already, but I also do not worry about imperfections like seams or a bit of marbling on the darker skin tones.

I also do not worry about the size and proportions of different dolls within my collection. I do not tend to do photoshoots anyway, so they do not need to match - I know this is something that is really important to some collectors though.

2. I don’t worry about breaking my doll. It sounds weird, but my boy is sturdy. I genuinely am not worried about him breaking at all. I like to play with him and take him outside. That being said, I’ve never dropped him or hit him against anything, so that probably helps. He only fell over once and that was backwards in the grass.

I’m also not worried about him getting wet. His hair, yes. But him, nahh. He’s easy to dry.

I’m also not too concerned with dressing him according to character. My boy is a demon, so I originally planned to have him only in darker clothes with a lot of leather and spikes. However, one of my big draws to bjds is the massive clothing selection and my love of fashion. I love dressing him up and changing his clothes frequently. I ended up getting him a ton of clothes that don’t match his character because he’s cute in them.

3. -I don't worry about staining for the most part. Especially if it's in a spot that's always covered like the head cap or butt haha
      -Marbling/sanding marks don't bother me on darker resin dolls. I own a tan doll and he came brand new with some sanding/marbling but I don't mind at all.
      -Seam lines also don't bother me. Had a doll with seam lines, didn't bother me one bit.
      -People not liking them. This was a stressful issue I had before I got my first doll. Some people like them, others don't, others are indifferent. I don't care, as long as I'm happy!

I worry a lot about other things, though, but that's not what this thread is about haha so to say some things don't worry me, is saying something.

4. I don't worry about accidents - having done a lot of doll modding, I know exactly how sturdy a lot of my dolls are so falls don't scare me (I've also developed freaky good reflexes when it comes to catching them). If they do get a dent or break, I also know how to fix it, so...no big deal.

Similarly, I don't worry about (minor) scratches - with the caveat that it has to be a doll I will 100% keep forever (IE, one of my main story characters). I sew for them a lot, so little pin and needle scratches are gonna happen while I'm messing with the fit, and honestly they barely show at all even when you know what you're looking for!