1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What would ask your dolls if they could talk back?

Jan 25, 2020

1. I’d ask if they were happy or if I could do something to make them happier.
      I’d also ask where they want to go.
      I might even see if they have clothing requests. I have a very specific image of how I want to dress my boy Rin, as he’s a demon. But i love dressing him up so much that I always dress him in wildly different clothes. I’d like to hear his thoughts on that. Like “mooom i hate pastels... where’s my leather??”

2. I'd probably just ask them if they can forgive me for the time I've dropped them.:(

3. I'd love to know what her name is, and probably where she most likes to sit.

4. I'd probably be asking them to shut the hell up, because if they have the personalities of the characters they represent, they'll be bickering with each other constantly... :roll:

5. Haha, you have a point. Though I mostly have 70cm so I imagine they might be a little more useful. And their small size could work in their favor, help them get to hard to reach places like under the bed. :XD: Well, even if they could they wouldn't because they're all ungrateful bums. :sigh

6. Give them that "you ungreat son/daughter" speech. Think about it, you are their parent if they were to be alive- you provide clothes, a bed/chair, warmth and safety.
      So they better listen. And you could tell them "you'll stay in your box" as a threat- in thier "room" in the dark. :XD:
      But yes they would be helpful, the tinys squeezed behind the dresser, telling you what they found and if you wanted it.

The army of cleaning dolls. :3nodding:

7. I usually see my doll as a doll, rather than a character with his own actual life. So if he turned out to be sentient and could talk to me, I'd be incredibly concerned!

"You were alive this whole time and I shut you in a box for months on end?! I never gave you a friend or let you leave the house? I put you in ridiculous poses for my own amusement? Oh my god I'm a monster D: "

8. I'd ask them to please do their own hair and makeup. What a bunch of lazy divas!

9. I have had so many imaginary conversations with Chaeri (some of which are shown in photostories I've posted elsewhere) that it's hard to imagine something I'd ask her that I haven't already discussed "with" her. I know she's just a doll, but at the same time her character is very alive in my mind. It's kind of like having a tabletop RP character--sometimes they do or think things that you would never do on your own.

If I were pressed for one question I would ask a vocal and self-aware Chaeri, it would be "When I imagine you speaking to me, it is really just me, or is it really you?"

Yes, I'm weird. Move on.

10. I tend to see mine as their characters, so I'd have the Doctor, my OC Time Lady Maddy, her two daughters (one half-angel and one half-demon,) her sisters, Bill Potts, Lavinia Whateley, (my Lovecraft character) Crowley and Aziraphale (Good Omens) - and that's not even all of the tinies.

I imagine Aziraphale would be complaining about his clothes ("Really, dear, this just isn't my sort of thing at all!") and Crowley would be scolding my houseplants to "GROW BETTER!"

11. I would ask just how they were talking. And if those reality warping powers still worked. I'd honestly be kind of freaked out if they were alive. And feel obligated to treat them better. No more shutting then up in suitcases and drawers for days on end.

12. If I could talk to my dolls, I'd ask them if there's anything I can do to make their lives better. What do they want that will make them happy.

13. I want to ask a lot of things!!!
      But the very first ought be: Are you happy?
      So serious, but I'm afraid I'm not a good parent to my child and worry that they are unhappy when living with me!

14. I'd ask them if they were happy, and likely hear a few answers in the affirmative quickly followed up by a but and a torrent of complaints related to their brothers/sister.
      If my dolls could talk I think I'd have to isolate them in small groups because they all have very differing personalities that don't mix the best in practice.

15. I'd occasionally ask my guys who they think should be voted out of the house, just to keep them on their toes.

Ok, but imagine you have your heart set on a new doll, and you ask him what he thinks, and his response is "He looks like a bitch." Would you still get the new doll?

16. I would probably start weeping because the surprise/excitement of hearing them speak and some of them would comfort me (I'm very grateful I have such kind-hearted dolls).
      Then I'll probably ask them to tell me if they are happy and if I know their backgrounds right or if they are not the characters I understand them to be so I can get to know them better.

17. “ Do you love me like I love you? With all my heart ? “

18. I would ask my girls, "What do you do when I am not around?"

There are a couple of children's books centering on dolls' activities when their owners are asleep or away.

I think my girls have parties or watch TV when I am gone but there is never a trace of this so I don't know for sure (laugh).

19. That would be my first thought as well.

20. "What do you want to wear today?" is what I usually ask them on my own :lol: I would love to hear a real response from them. Until then, they're subject to my fashion tastes!