1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you like a bigger selection of?

Jul 4, 2019

1. Female faces with realistic features and proportions. I see dozens upon dozens of beautifully detailed male faces being turned out that really showcase the artists' talent, but the corresponding female faces almost always have either anime proportions (huge eyes, small mouths) or the features of children in caricature (very short noses, chubby cheeks, no visible bone structure).

#21 Madame Rosebud, Jul 5, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    2. Male faces which are less anime-style and more mature, but still fit an MSD body.
      Male heel-feet and shoes! Just saw a group order at local discussian board, but I am already in for an MSD girl in another group order and can't afford heels for my less-manly doll-boys right now :( Never new there was such an option aside from IOS, if I remember correct, which company sold those. There was the whole 'pervertish' options set there, as I remember, but the price was a bit high for my wallet.

3. Dolls that are less skinny. I would like mature dolls that are not proportioned like current day fashion models, but closer to the classic ideal of Greek statues. Someone get inspired by Michelangelo please! :)

4. I would love more variety and range of rainbow coloured/pastel wigs in 8-9 size. Leeke has a beautiful blue wig but it's been sold out a while, and dollmore has some coloured wigs but more in the 7-8 range. I could learn to make wigs but sometimes I just want to shop for an existing item.

5. I need more large 70cm boys without six pack abs. My boys don't lift.

And I constantly want more shoes for the girls with larger feet. My iplehouse HID woman and Dollshe26F are so troublesome to shoe-up. Code Noir please make bigger shoes I want to buy all of them but none of them fit the dolls I own

6. More nice 22mm sized eyes! Many companies don't make eyes that big but my two Volks Nonos need them.

7. Personally, sexy fantasy type clothing. I love bh.pandora/ Bunny Heart but haven't found another maker of similar clothes.
      Also, mermaids/seahorse dolls. I just got my first seahorse tail today! (from minifee alicia). I'm absolutely obsessed with it. I hope they release more or some other company's make some(I've seen some from others but not quite the same).

8. This is such a great thread!
      For me, I'd like to find more options of everything in UK without having to pay huge postal costs from overseas lol.
      I can't work out if UK don't have the same interest in the hobby or if no one enjoys the crafting side.
      Also, tho I can enjoy spending hours looking thru Etsy, I find the fabrics are often too heavy, no drape, for doll sizes. But I have to admit, I want my girl to look realistic.
      I would love to find more realistic female hand sculpts

9. Oh, I have a list, pretty longish one...

When I was only into colecting animals and anthros all this wasn't an issue, but with DS elves and humans I'm running into these issues only all the time:

More variety in
      Head sculpts: older or mature sculpts, wide faces, round or wide faces with strong features or not cute at least, high cheekbones, prominent noses, wide noses, noses with wide root and narower tip, narower lips, wide mouths,...

Bodies: some chubby DS boys, less mascular DS male bodies, mascular girls. I would really appreciate this.

High heel feet for boys: especially feeple 65. I will be forced to sculpt my own, it seems. And I'm miserable sculptor

DS patterns:
      Exactly. I did the same yesterday without much luck. It would be nice to have some premade patterns or patterns I could just modify instead designing everything from scratch. It would make things easier and less time consuming.

Wigs:
      Yes! This! I love unatural hair colours(both on dolls and humans). More faux furr or alpaca and mohair atc. 8-9 wigs.

...And shoes, of course. With listed measurements. Not just MSD, DS...

10. Masculine wigs for boys! There seems to be limited variety, in spite of the actual number available - all effeminate bangs and long layers. I don't know why doll companies do not make any hard caps or lace front to fit their own sculpts - I love realistic hairlines!

11. 10cm+ shoes for my yeti resins. :frownyblush: My Fifth Motif and Granado shares two pairs of shoes and I want more for them. :(

12. Graphic t-shirts! Band shirts, tv show and movie shirts, funny attitude shirts and more!

I do find some, but most seem to be aimed at girls or anime themed. I have custom ordered some classic rock, punk rock, Rick and Morty, Mario, Zelda, etc, but it's so hard to find these things ready to buy. I also want them professionally screen printed, as iron on tend to crack and peel too easily and iron on patches look too big and bulky. Plus I need SD sized and professional quality, making it even harder.

13. Mature tiny women. Currently most of those available are either single jointed, and/or a sweet and innocent aesthetic. I'd like a few ladies that can pose well and not be damsels in distress.
      More men's wigs in size 4 would be great too.

14. I wish there were a bigger selection of clothes that would fit the Ringdoll RGM-3 body. My biggest gripe with that doll is how hard it is to find something that will look nice and fit him well; I realize it's possible in some cases to have clothes custom made for him, but I'm honestly still jealous that it's so much easier to get clothes for smaller dolls. It's my fault entirely for not considering that he would be a nightmare to clothe.

Aside from that specifically, I'd like a wider selection of "provocative" outfits for male dolls. Being that doll hobbyists are primarily female, you'd think there'd be more available in terms of spicy boy options. The only underwear I ever see for them at all is boxers--especially the fake Calvin Kleins. Call me crazy, but I just feel like putting name-brand boxers underneath a fantasy outfit makes the doll feel more like a cosplayer than it is actually the character it's portraying.

15. I would love to have more options in mature MSD dolls like raccoon doll and Iplehouse FID. I would also like more princess like or victorian style of dressing (long dresses, corsets etc.).

16. .

#36 Gintsumi, Jul 8, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    17. Well. I still can't hecking find many digital patterns for SD boys. Hope you guys found some more of the stuff that you wanted.

18. More SD mermaids, I passed on the only two I ever knew about because there were parts of them I didn't care for, and I regret it now :( I have hope though since there are more fantasy sculpts now than there were even just a few years ago. If fairyland would just do another SD seahorse.....

Also non muscular boy bodies, any body type of variation on boys would be nice! We're starting to see more variation in girls, lets get some skinny and pudgy boys now!

19. Absolutely!

Teddy

20. For me, there's an unfortunate lack of female SD (or mature MSD) sculpts that aren't heart-shaped, model-esque and wider, realistically rounded eyes. What I've been seeing mostly is this:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

What I'd love to see more of:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is a guy (and I'd love to see some guy sculpts like him), but I'd love to see some of his features incorporated into a female sculpt as well, especially for that androgyny factor:
      [​IMG]

It would make my day to see more female sculpts like this done specifically for female dolls, so I don't have to go through some extensive mods (mostly with the neck circumference) on male sculpts to get a workable option. Youthful, pretty and wide-eyed is okay, but I'm more drawn to ethnic beauty and mature feminine/androgynous features, and it's a dang shame there isn't more variety of that type available (not even from independent artists, surprisingly. Even a lot of their females are fitting into the more generic mold with very few exceptions these days).