1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What you look for in Male dolls

Mar 25, 2016

1. I agree with Pleiades. It really depends on the Character. It would be weird if you would choose a 13 year old character and give him a head which looks like a 30 year old :/

2. I like large doll's male hands! when I hold that hands, I feel like... they make me comfort. I dont know why, I know it sounds so weird, but I feel like it :)

3. I love my male to have more realistic features and a smirk :love I really love the mascular muscular body but it's really hard to get clothes for, so I would go for slimer muscular body.
      EID Eric is my holy grail but I reshelled his character into JID (MSD) Borris Tenjin's new clothes

4. I like basically masculine face sculpt, the cheekbones should be visible and the face narrow. I always fall for little details – wrinkles on forehead, little hint of smile on his cheeks or a specific look on his face when seen from certain angle. If the doll has personal features, it's easier to give him a personality. For body I prefer muscles and for hands and feet – lots of details, veins, bones etc.

5. I'm not a huge fan of male dolls, but I do plan on getting a couple. I want an elf with some muscle and a less-than-realistic face and a Granado Titan. I just really want a Titan for some reason.

6. I usually end up choosing my dolls based on my moods and character ideas. Not to say that I haven't we "Holy cow!" and done some impulse buys on the non-resin end of things.

My current attraction is the smirking type, a sculpt that even before they get painted makes you think "Bad boy"

7. I know what you mean about the Granado Titan. I don't usually go for a body like that, but there's something about the Titan that can't be explained. I'm watching Granado for a man I really want and may get at least one Titan.

8. I loooove big noses. Also I am always looking for a really masculine and not too androgynous face, hence why I love Iplehouse dolls. They do have both on their website and their molds never disappoint me! I could never get an anime-like male BJD because of the androgynous look and like I said I love when they look like pretty boys but rather realistic :)

9. I find that I prefer masculine adult faces and bodies (not necessarily muscular just not feminine). And I love big ears and straight noses.

10. I'm a guy so my view is likely a bit different!xD

I like more feminine and young male dolls... I've always had what many call a "baby face", and I think I would hate to have a doll around that looked more masculine and grown up then I do! I get enough of that from real people! xD

11. Yup, same here. Although a major point for me would be well-sculpted hands and feet.

#71 Selenae, Oct 9, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    12. This is right up my alley as I only collect the boys! I like realistic boys only, so realism is the most important thing to me. I see many peoples dolls looking "femme" so to speak or "waifish" and they are fabulous but I like my boys to look like "men" so to speak as my "story" is centered around fashion in one way or another & realism is what I want! If you click David with the long hair is a male model, Markus his boyfriend I think I'm going to have him be a photographer.
      I have more boys coming so I have some work to do

13. I'm looking for soft but expressive features - but with realistic body. Proportions first (2 heads in body instead of 3 is such a pain!), muscles second.
      To say honestly, i have a detailed list of likes and dislikes for each part of doll to the smallest like the shape of lips edges or lower eyelid in my head, and in the end when i look at a male doll he is just 'yes' or 'no'

14. For me it's the face sculpt first, sharp features, sly eyes, a good jawline. Then when it's time to pick a body it depends on if I want a child like characters (rarely) or a masculine characters (more likely) I really like sculpted muscles, six packs, abs, and when they add little details like veins on the arms. I just got the double jointed body from Resin Soul and DAMN he is ripped, for an MSD he's got muscles as if he's got zero body fat, I likely, I likely a lot! I'm getting a separate head for a project and I may end up getting that body again for him because I was so impressed by its movablitliy and sculpture!

15. I am really picky about my guy dolls. I am SUPER particular about male noses, I don't like big noses on my guy dolls, but I don't like them too narrow either. I also don't like super muscular male dolls, just toned ones. And a coy expression tends to be my favorite.

16. There doesn't seem to be any unifying factor in the boys I've collected. I have realistic guys with super manly muscle bods, I have stylized guys, skinny guys, tall guys, short guys, and everything in between. The only thing they have in common is that I like them. My collection of ladies is similar in its randomness. I don't have any dolls that fall into the anime realm, but that's pretty much it.

17. I love male dolls with mature faces, sharp eyes, hard jaw lines etc. For some reason for me the eye shape is really important for male dolls, its what I look for first when browsing

18. I love dolls with a mature and manly face with a sexy body. I like when the body have muscles but not too much.

19. washboard abs, bulging muscles, overly masculine faces and thick limbs are a huge turn off for me. aesthetically, i prefer thin, somewhat lanky male bodies!
      when looking at sculpts, i tend to take huge notice of the detailing around the eyes and the mouth. i also lean towards stylised sculpts rather than realistic ones. i think in general i like boys that go for a less traditionally masculine vibe :- )

20. When I look at males, I look at the faces mostly. I find a lot of males have rather feminine faces. If its a boy I wanna know that its boy lol. I also look at the sculpts and prefer more realistic body shapes to anime style bodies.