1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What you look for in Male dolls

Mar 25, 2016

1. beautiful handsome face, like otherworldly beauty hahaha....just a little guilty pleasure you don't get everyday looking at human faces :lol:

2. I look for handsome faces-- I don't generally look for male dolls that have soft features because all of my OCs are very harsh.

3. I like teen or young adult looking male dolls. I usually go far a slim or masculine build depending on the character/personality of the doll. But I can't stand male teen or young adult dolls with baby faces, so I always avoid that. The dolls with all the features I like are usually SD sized too, but I have found some MSDs that fit the description. :kitty2

4. boys from Volks story arc"Oath of the Silver Coin" are my favorite boys all the time =v=

5. I like a variety, really. But, some of my more set standards are androgynous leaning more towards masculine sculpts, and more towards the more realistically masculine sculpts. I'm a sucker for muscular boys, although I have characters more on the lean side. I'm not a fan of, however, overly anime-looking guys with big eyes, small pointy noses, and overly boyish, youthful faces (that pretty much applies to my general aesthetics though).

Something else I look for in a male doll that I don't know if anyone else mentioned is more...detailed nether boy parts. I can't stand when their junk is Ken-ified, and the more detailed and realistic, the better for me. :sweat

6. i look for beautiful male dolls who look good in long hair, i really love beautiful long haired guys.

7. For most male dolls, I like their faces to be very masculine and the bodies to have some muscle, but not too much. There is only one exception to this, one of my characters is suppose to be very, very feminine in the face with a lean, but feminine body.

8. Usually i prefer for the adult male dolls to have very sharp features and their bodies to be somewhat muscular, but for teen or child male dolls I love softer features on them.

9. Hmm...a come hither look, maybe? Like if it's a beautifully sculpted guy, with an air of romance. Not overly macho, but not too adrogynous either. Someone who's just right. Chiseled cheeks and refined noses are pluses as well. :3nodding:

10. I tend to look for beautiful sculpts (like pretty bishounen - ish look) for male bjds.( I think what I fall in love most is the face up rather than sculpts though.:sweat) Sometimes they go way beyond the pretty that they can pass of as a girl :lol::thumbup
      This is the reason why I like crobidolls so much~ I don't mind getting larger dolls though, but the face is still the pretty boy/ikemen type.:lol: I'm not much of a fan of too muscular dolls but someday maybe I'll try something like Loongsoul... or. Something. Lol. :lol::lol::lol:

11. I really like androgynous but like grownup androgynous, not childish androgynous, I want Bowie, not a moeblob.

12. I like doll faces that look Korean with single eyelids or thin double lids. I like lips that are straighter, some dolls have weird lip shapes that aren't very natural to me. It would be good if he has a pretty jawline too.

For the body, I prefer SD17 sized ones since clothes are easy to get, shoulders are not too narrow, look not too young nor too old and not overly muscular. But I wouldn't mind getting a more muscular body if it suits the head.

Age wise I want my dolls to be teenagers or older, not really fond of kiddy dolls.

13. It definitely depends on the character, or the role I want the doll to fill in my collection, if not a set character (though generally I go character-first). I like both feminine and masculine boys... and in Pete's case, I wanted his features to be more to the masculine side (well... masculine for a MNF boy, he's still pretty stylized and pretty, they all are), but his styling to be very feminine, whereas Vince is completely androgynous and more child-like.

There are dolls on my wishlist that are all-out manly and more buff, but... I think it's safe to say my preference is for more lithe/willowy bodies, and softer lines. I didn't go for the abs when I picked out Pete's body, nor would I for the next couple guys on my list who could have them. It just doesn't work for the types of characters I wind up with the most of (all my boys are indoorsy nerds... definitely no gym bunnies in the bunch yet). I do wish there were more interesting noses in my preferred size range, because I like to stick with mini guys, but I'd love to have some bigger schnozzes available, seems like everyone's got a cute little ski-slope or a button nose.

14. I prefer male dolls with faces that match their bodies. Too often, I see dolls with faces that are really lovely, but look about 12-14ish and are on a 60-70cm body with muscles clearly indicating "adult." The incongruity throws me off really badly.

I really like Soom for adult male dolls. To me, they strike a perfect balance between masculine realism and "bishounen" stylization. Grenado has some really gorgeous manly men as well, but they tend to lean ever so slightly too masculine for me.

For the bodies, though, the best one I've ever seen is Doll Legend. Both their 70cm and 60cm bodies are gorgeous. The 60cm is late-teenaged looking, while the 70cm is a young adult. Their head sculpts are a little too sharp looking for me, unfortunately. But still, I'm actively looking for hybrid options because those bodies are just that perfect.

15. I'm not too picky when it comes to facial aesthetics, but there are a couple of things that bother me.

I don't like heads that are too long or shoulders that are too narrow. Any kind of head is fine with me for a guy unless it's out of proportion with his shoulders, which drives me nuts to no end. It's a little odd since I don't really have a problem with wide heads, it's just... if I can't fit the same head lengthwise twice across the shoulders it really bugs me.

16. I tend to like more masculine boy dolls. I like strong jaws and noses, which are hard to find in the size that I like.

17. Guys with an androgynous look to them.

18. I definitely prefer the more masculine sculpts, which is funny, because Im not attracted to that in real life

19. I probably would go for the more masculine sculpts typically. Not hugely beefy but not ones that could snap in half if you breathed on them too hard. Having said that, much of it is dependent on character. If I really liked the look of a slender and androgynous doll then I would go for it, but I'm just picky enough anyway.

20. I tend to go for the pretty boys LOL. I'm not too terribly fond of bodies that are too bulky/muscular/beefy (a bit is fine) because I like them K-pop kind of pretty. But I also don't like it if they are too thin or the body details are too... "cartoonish"/simplistic, especially for SD-sized dolls, as it would make me feel as if the maker was trying to skimp on resin LOL. I also tend to look at the eyes and the lips. Well-defined lips are a big bonus! :D