1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What you look for in Male dolls

Mar 25, 2016

1. Couldn't have said it better. :lol:

2. I like more masculine sculpts also. I really like all the handsome fellas but I also would like to see more weathered guys. Someone with a little age worked in. It would be fun to do an Odin some day but he cant look like 20something Odin IMO. I would prefer one thats 50. Strong healty 50 but.. a crease here or there.

3. I don't much care for the rounder, feminine faces (like young-anime-teenager faces). But I still like the ones that look 'beautiful,' or regal, like a lot of Loongsoul's guys or Angell Studio's. I also like more masuline faces, and even ones with some scars. :XD:

4. I definitely like the manlier, muscular men! A strong jaw line (with a wider point to the chin) is a must for me, and sculpt definition on the brow is a bonus! As mentioned earlier, sculpted vein details (especially on the hands, which you'll always see) turn me to jelly too.
      One thing I didn't realize that I was really particular about is the definition of the throat/collarbone area -- so far I think Soom's Gem (and larger) take the cake on throat definition.

5. I usually like the older looking male sculpts, although for younger characters have a more femenine looking doll is a good option. I sometimes wish someone made a really old looking male doll, I'm looking foward to it for a particular character actually.

6. I really like the buff masculine look. Their pecs have to be high and wide with really good nipples. Funny I know to care about something like that but I really like my guys to look like they can handle themselves.
      I like really wide shoulders too.

7. I tend to approach male dolls the same way I approach the female dolls.... they both must have an appealing head+body combo.
      I also tend to like the beefier dolls so to speak. If I could I would indulge in many of the Iplehouse male sculpts!

8. Muscles! xD In real life I have a thing for muscular men and it's the same with dolls.
      The face has to be very manly looking too. A strong jaw line and a bit of a smirk are really appealing for me.
      Basically I would die for a manly and muscular MSD guy with that smile that says I'm-hot-and-I-know-it.

9. I like the boys with string chests and broad shoulders, it looks really good in a doll, but seems to be rare. I'm not at all into the male waif look that most dolls seem to have. It's just not my thing.

10. Hips- I see a lot of companies just getting them wrong? The chest needs to be in proportion to the hips, groin and legs; I also feel like female dolls can get away with non-human hips a lot easier.

11. hmmm...pretty lips are pretty important to me, as well as a good sized nose. I really dislike tiny noses on sculpts of any gender, but especially on male dolls. Eyes that are smaller and not so round/doe-eyed are another thing I look for in guys. Oh god, and bodies that don't have that vacuum-packed, totally shredded, vein-y muscle thing going...ugh...that stuff hurts to look at.

All of Ringdoll's teenage/grown boys are super gorgeous in my opinion!

12. It mostly depends on the character I am trying to get a doll for. I do tend to lean toward pretty men, I like handsome features in a lot of them, strong but nothing too overpowering. I like pretty but masculine, although I also like slightly more androgynous boys as well.

I go for something that sets the doll apart for me. Whether it's slight smirk, a toothy grin, large wide eyes, or narrowly slit eyes, I like the face to have some unique feature, although I am not always sure what they oddity is going to be until I see a doll that has the certain je ne sais quoi that stands out to me an tells me this is the doll I was looking for.

I like some muscle definition in the arms and abs, a little in the thighs, but I don't want the muscles bulging to the point that is looks distorted to me. I like the lean muscle definition in my dolls rather then bulk. Bulky dolls are also harder for me to to find clothes for, and they don't look as good in a lot of fashions, at least I feel that way.

13. Because my collection has been built from the very beginning on diversity (think of wandering through a fantasy world of unique characters, like in Tim Burton’s movie “Alice”) so I have no hard and fast rules for the males I seek out, other than they perfectly fit whatever character I’m going for. I have the super muscular but angelic-faced Barrio, my angel boy. I have the uber masculine Lord de Winter, master of the fantasy realm…huge, with gorgeous muscle definition. There’s a nature loving, mori man-of-the-forest named Hemlock. I have a delightful soft-bodied fem boy, Georgie, and a tree spirit named Willow. And I just pre-ordered an androgynous anime cat boy to round out my little smattering of male sculpts. Yep, it’s all about far-flung diversity here, so pretty much anything goes as long as it fits the character I’m going for.:)

#113 PoeticSoul, Apr 5, 2024
      Last edited: Apr 5, 2024