1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's more important, the HEAD, BODY, or BOTH?

Mar 13, 2017

1. The head is important to me. I have received many dolls where I love the face and despised the body.

2. both. I like to buy the entire doll and don't want to have to deal with figuring out hybrids. So I have to know I like the body as well. Even if it's a sculpt I love I'm not going to get it if I dislike the body. There are just too many other stunning dolls for me to care.

3. HEART, HEART IS THE MOST IMPORTANT

4. For me the head is most important. That is because, then the doll is clothed I can see only the head and the body is hidden.
      On another hand, I would never ever buy a body that poses and has a body sculpt like an old barbie, a body that can not make a natural sitting pose.

5. Both are equally important! I usually look at the head first but I do love a beautiful looking body too! It's very important that I am in love with the sculpt, while the body will start holding more importance to me the bigger the doll gets because I want to molest my hunks I like drooling over my boys. :fangirl:

If I like the head but the body leaves much to be desire, then I'd just buy the head and hybrid it. There are companies where I've love the heads but not the body because the sculpting is either too simplistic for a 60cm-70cm+ doll or too small that it makes the doll looks bobble-headed and they didn't want to sell the head separately so I ended up not getting it, but there are also times where I've love the bodies from a company but not really the sculpts. :lol:

Poseability is a BIG bonus but I find that if I reaaaaaally love the way the body is sculpted then I can close an eye if it doesn't pose as well compared to some other dolls. By that I mean that it still has to be able to hold basic poses like sitting and standing decently! For example, just recently, between a one-piece torso body and a three-piece torso I went for the former because it looks more natural and beautiful to me even though logic dictated that the latter would hold a variety of poses better. I guess I am more of an "aesthetic" person lol. :whee:

6. both both both!! a good chunk of my dolls are hybrids because both need to be just right. of course face is what will initially draw me, but the body is honestly so important because it's a big part of character imo. in fact, there are bodies that i want, and no heads that i want for them! darn you peaks woods and your hard to match resin!

7. For me, both. I've seen perfect heads for my characters, but had to pass on them because they were MSD sized, and I was looking for SD. Then there's the many times I've found the perfect SD head but didn't like the body it came on, or found the perfect body, but wasn't a fan of any of the heads available from the body's company. I need both for my characters. It makes shelling the non-humans more difficult.

8. For me the head is most important tbh, body is secondary as there are so many options which make it easy to hybrid the head with lol

9. I think, for me, both are roughly equal in importance! Initially, I'm attracted to the face sculpt of a doll, but if their bodies aren't something that looks right to me...that would really turn me off!

10. Well, I'm still new so this may change, but for me it's the head first. I think a doll's face says a lot about their personality. Their body usually comes second for me. But I'm also kinda picky, so if I don't like the body the head comes on, i'd probably try to find a body that I liked better.

11. Both! I think the natural thing people pick up on first and foremost is the face, but following that (for me at least), if it isn't matched by the body it would get pretty upsetting - pretty quickly...
      ...unless you plan on burying it in baggy/fluffy clothes and are never going to see it anyway.

I think that the above applies a lot more to a doll you own, and are going to spend a lot of time on. In passing, the face is probably more important.

12. To me the heads really make the dolls. Yeah it's important to have a body that matches you character, but the face holds the look and the personality of that character. Body's can change, but the face is constant

13. Both are important to me, but the head/face is moreso. If I like the doll's face enough, I am pretty sure I could deal with a less than pleasing body as long as the body wasn't horrible.

14. Both are important to me, and I will hybrid dolls all day long to get just the right body for the right head. Sometimes a hybrid just isn't an option, so the head is the bigger selling point, but I really love it when I can mix-and-match and get the result that makes me happiest. ^-^

15. While it's usually the head sculpt that draws me to a doll, bods are important too...

I want the head and the body to "match", both in terms of maturity and in style and scale. A head that's too young or too stylized for the body it comes with, or one that looks too large or too small for the neck it's attached to will really put me off of a doll. (Which is why I don't like a lot of the super mature 'manly-man' dolls. They tend to have tiny, narrow little heads and super-thick, tree-trunk necks. They end up reminding me of an acorn perched on a fence post. o_0)

16. Definitely the head, for me. The face is going to be most often seen and so it should convey the character well. Beyond that I just want a body that matches the head but I wouldn't go out of my way for one company vs another on body preference. Hybriding is nice if you can get a solid resin match and have the best of all worlds but since that's not always possible, I put my stock in heads.

17. First and foremost is the head for me. But if the body is not what I'm looking for, then I may try some hybrids. But a lot of my future dolls will be based of OCs, so that's just me ^^'

18. I think that both. But the head has slightly more importance. And of course after choosing "right" head, there come huge adventures of finding suitable body..

19. Both, but it is definitely the head that has to grab my attention first. I won't buy a head though if I know I will have a difficult time locating a suitable body.

Tags: