1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the difference between Volks SD13 Kai and Lucas/Chris/F-28/F-16??

Oct 27, 2004

1. The Lucas-esque head mold, F-16, in current FCS is still available to order at all locations that do FCS.

2. *Nod* Alright, good to know. Thanks ^_^

3. Regarding the marketplace - I find, especially if you don't have the money *now*, that if you talk to sellers, and have an idea of how long you will need, a lot are very accomodating when it comes to layaway. Even if it doesn't say so in their posts, it is always worth a try.

My own Lucas/F-28 purchases are currently on layaway (I have one of each tucked away) and both sellers were lovely to speak to, and have offered very generous terms.

I think most people in this hobby not only understand the need for layaway (these dolls aren't cheap!) but also understand what it's like to fall in love with a sculpt. Speaking from my own experiences as a seller, I'd rather my doll go to someone who adores it, even if they have a layaway for a few months, than be split up into pieces and sold all over.

Good luck! ;)

4. *Nod nod* This is very true...^^ Though, some of the ad's I've seen specifically say "No layaways"...u_u

Thanks for the input and suggestions, and congrats on your Lucas and F-28! ^_^

5. I second what usagi665 said! You shouldn't feel pressured to overpay; $1100 is just too much for a nude, pre-owned Lucas.

I just bought a brand new, full set Black Cat Lucas from Yahoo! Japan auctions for $1189, including shipping and fees.

Another new full set ended just yesterday, with no bids, for 10,000 yen (about $88 ) less than what I paid. :doh

Even for a nude Lucas, I figured I was looking at around $900 for a fair price (going by what they end for on Y!J + shipping and fees). I must say, I haven't seen any $700 Lucases running around here...if I had, I would have snatched one of them up. :sweat

6. My Lucas was just over $900, with default eyes, makeup, and both wigs. And parts of his outfit. In his box, with papers. So yes, these are absolutely around the right prices.

Congrats on your boy!

7. Yea, I could understand paying $1100 and up for a full set (though personally that's just too much, for me, to spend on a single doll reguardless), but I saw a Chris and two Lucas's in the market place for $1100 and $1200...None of them are the full sets and the Chris doesn't even come with eyes or a wig! *_* Don't know about the Lucas's, but even if they did it's just too much...Though I was very tempted and inquired about layaway with the Chris...but my friend talked me out of it and after reading you're posts, PastelFlower and BloodyRose, I'm glad she did. ^^

Thanks so much guys! Maybe I'll be able to find one, someday, for the right price. <33

8. I think I know the Chris you mean - he's incredibly beautiful but I wouldn't be paying that much. Originally he was almost as much as my Cecile! :?

Your boy will come, don't worry. Just keep a close eye and be ready to pounce. :aheartbea

9. SD13 bodies are about $450~$600 depending on demand and if its regular or long leg. Lucas heads are about $350~$400. So $800 is the best deal you can get on the doll unless someones willing to lose money for a sale. If your going to buy the doll be aware of scams.

From what I've read Lucas and Chris are supposed to be similar (but not the same as) the F16 (old F28), School A and the MSD Schulze.

10. Okay, bumping this thread waaaay up because I'm still slightly confused::

Oldskin Kai and Chris are the same mold and skintone. Lucas is also the same but normal skin.
      Pureskin Lucas and Chris have the same mold but DIFFERENT molds than the oldskins???
      WC Chris and BC Lucas have the same mold but DIFFERNT molds than the oldskins and pureskins???
      SWD Lucas is different from normal Lucas mold.

F-16 and F-28 are similar but have different molds. F-28 is the older one.

F-17 and F-29 are similar but have different molds. F-29 is the older one.

Sasha and Masha look similar but have different molds.

Irvin and Kaelin have the SAME mold but different skintone???

School A is a different mold from all of them.
      SWD School A is different from normal Sch A mold.

Cecile and Cecile Scarface have the SAME mold except the scar???

PLEASE someone tell me if all these statements are true! Thank you!

And GEEZ, there are a lot of guys in this head mold family! O-O

11. WC Chris & BC Lucas *are* the pureskin Chris & Lucas molds, and yes, their features are a bit softer than the oldskin Lucas, Chris, & Kai.

Irvin & Kaelin are indeed the same mold as each other, with Irvin being ebony skintone and Kaelin being white skintone. They are similar to Lucas & Chris, but with slightly smaller heads, changeable ears (they each come with two pairs of ears - E08 human ears and E01 long elf ears) and dreamier eyes - though not nearly as closed as SwD Lucas eyes.

Old F28 is the oldskin version of F16, just as old F29 is the oldskin version of F17. Sasha is the older (first version pureskin LE beauty white) version of Masha, and while all the old versions are similar to their newer pureskin counterparts, the sculpts were recreated for the newer ones, and therefore have some differences. It usually shows as sharper features in the old versions, just as it does with old Lucas & Chris compared to the BC Lucas & WC Chris.

But it seems like you have most of it right, though I wouldn't put Cecile/Scarface Cecile/old F29/F17 in the same headmold family as the Lucas/Chris/old F28/F16/Sasha/Masha/Kaelin/Irvin/Sch A family (aka the Lucai XD).

12. But old F28 does not look the same as current F-16, although people argue and say that it is. I have both so I know in fact they are not the same sculpt. They look similar yes but, not the same.

13. Sasha was also released in Beauty white skin where as Masha was released in FCS white skin.

14. Is this school head one of those heads or similar?

Here

15. Yes, that looks like a School A (the "Lucai" School head), but it also looks like it has been modified. Better reference pictures of the School A are at http://www.angelden.net/volks/school/schoolheada.php, and you will also find pictures in the School Head Database here on DoA.