1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the largest number of dolls you've had on order at once?

Sep 1, 2019

1. I once ordered two from the same company together, and recently had a head, a body, and a full doll all on order at once. From three different companies. The head and body are now one doll, and I'm still waiting for the full doll. He's from Dollshe, so I didn't feel too guilty about ordering the hybrid while I wait.

2. @Leo Pheonix That last line made me laugh, on the grounds that it needed no further explanation. :XD:

3. I've had 5 SD dolls that I've paid and waited for at once, for multiple times now. Last time two of them however were used from other hobbyists, only three from companies. Currently I have 4 dolls on order and 1 used doll in mail, I think. It might seem a lot, but it's partially thanks to Dollshe wait times.

4. At the moment I am waiting for 3 dolls, all from dollshe. So I have no idea when they will arrive, but I couldn't say no to the sale!

5. @celga - Keep it all in my head? Are you kidding? I forget what I ordered within a week of ordering.:XD: I keep a simple list with the name of the doll and the date ordered. It's enough to let me find the order specifics on my computer. When I get a shipping notice I add the tracking number, then a check mark when it arrives.

At the moment I'm waiting for only 2 dolls, the sum total of my June and August orders. I'm being very very good--because I'm very very broke.

6. @vermont chick That's a good system. At the rate of one or two dolls a month, I'm afraid I would honestly forget one, the company wouldn't send me a shipping notice as they sometimes don't - and without writing them all down, I would never check the website for updates or know that it had failed to deliver.

Wow, you must have 100 dolls or more by now. I wonder if your were like me first starting out and thinking that maybe I'd get as many as four or five and be done.... :XD:

7. @celga - I haven't counted them lately but I suspect I have around 100. It's not as bad as it sounds. Many of them are tiny and all the SD size but one are gone. (The SDs paid for the others.) I don't think I ever planned on getting only a few. Deep down I probably knew I'd never be able to control the numbers.:lol:

My lists from the past few years are downright scary, but that's because I also enter clothing, shoes, wigs and anything else doll-related. I would keep two lists except then it gets complicated.

8. Haha, I know the feeling. I was only going to get one, and spoil it. I now have 20 dolls + 2 pet dolls at home, and 1 SD still on order!

Good thing is, I can't think of any doll I want at the moment. Maybe I can spend time buying things for the dolls and fixing them up, rather then buying new dolls!

Also, I have only been in the hobby about a year and a half! I kind of went crazy with the dolls at first, but I think it might slow down.. . Oh, look, pretty doll . . . wanders off . . .

9. I currently have two on layaway. I plan on getting Rap1993 Mae too,so will have 3 at once, Rip my poor wallet! I have a Magic Mirror Keira and a special Noble Dolls Rivanone on order!

10. I’ve just started collecting but I currently have 2 dolls that I’ve preordered (one back last year and one fairly recently). They should both arrive in December but I guess I got a little impatient because I ordered another doll second hand.

11. Three. I was kinda surprised at looking at the dates of when I ordered and when things came in... but there was a brief moment of time I was waiting on three dolls. I also was still waiting on two of that group when I picked up another at a meetup.

Part of this stemmed from me losing one of my kitties... I got a pet doll and had him painted to look like him, then saw another that reminded me of our kitten, on doll I had been wanting to get for a while went on sale at a dealer, and then the doll at the meet was on my waffle list but her price was so good I did not hesitate.

In general I do not have a policy on ordering a certain amount of dolls. I go though dry spells, then I tend to come across several at the same time that are either out of production ones I am after or limited releases.

12. @vermont chick Yeah, well, now I wonder why I thought I'd have any self-control. Just one of the little lies I've told myself over the years, lol. But never fear, 100 is definitely as bad as it sounds! :lol: Still, 100 tinies and minis - how cute is that?? 'd love to see a picture of your whole crew together! Most of mine are big, and take up way too much room...

@RabbidBunnies Holy cats! Twenty-three dolls in a year and a half? I only have around thirty (of course I've sold several over time, but still), and I've been at it for eight and a half years longer than you. You definitely win the newly minted Off to a Terrifying Start award! :cheer

13. @celga - I remember an article years ago--it might have been in an early issue of Haute Doll--featuring a collector with over 100 dolls. At the time I thought that was an appalling number of dolls to own. I shudder to think how many she has if she's still collecting today. I should be shuddering to think I now have that many. If it ever stops raining I'll set everyone up on the dining room table and take a group pic. Maybe that will scare me into slowing down. (As if.)

That said, not even I would qualify for the Off to a Terrifying Start award. I started slowly...things only escalated as I went along.

Woohoo! I just counted them: 72 dolls, 3 heads, and 2 dolls on order. Thank goodness. Of course, if I were to make a list of all the bjds I've owned and sold over the years...:shudder

#33 vermont chick, Sep 2, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    14. 4 and they all had long wait times between 3 months and five.

15. @vermont chick I know what you mean. I think I bought two dolls my first year, maybe three the next - and this year I've already purchased five, with at least two more in my sights. You'd think it would taper off, but instead it escalates!

Please tag or PM me when you get that photo done...I really want to see horde gathered in one place! :D (Even if there are only 72. :lol:)

16. The most I've ever had on order at once is two, one from Resinsoul and one from Iplehouse, but even just keeping track of those two made me anxious! I don't know how you do it with more than one :lol:

17. 2, they were an MSD and a YoSD. I've since realised though that I only like SDs so chances are I'll never have multiple full dolls on order at the same time in the future simply because I wouldn't be able to afford it. :sweat Well, unless maybe if I would order a doll with a year or an even longer wait time, but I find that unlikely.

18. That was me! I had 2 couples in my head that I was going to create (is 'shell' the word? I'm still pretty new at bjd terminology). I looked for quite awhile for the boys in each couple and then all of a sudden I found them both. So I ordered them - 2. Then I saw the Adela dragon from Dream Valley. I looooove dragons, so I ordered her - 3. While browsing for the boys, I ended up on the Soom site and saw this beautful girl who didn't fit in with my plans. But I fell in love with her face; ordered her - 4. Then Granado released the Napoleon sculpt in 43". Perfect to go with my Tonner vinyls as they have no boys to fawn over them. Ordered him -5. So then I was hanging out in the waiting room for awhile. They pretty much all arrived within 2 months of each other, except I am still waiting on Adela. So I guess my total is 5 on order at once. But as for my original plans of being done after 4 dolls? I have now added a Ringdoll Alice, a Dollshe Amanda and a complete artisan doll and artisan head to my waiting list. And I really really really want a Rainman Blina head (and of course will need a body to go with her if I pull the trigger). Guess I'm not going to slow down :D...... But I'm having fun!!!!

19. @celga - Will do.

After I got offline yesterday I made a list of all the bjds I've bought and subsequently sold since I started in the hobby. There are 95 dolls and 2 heads. (There may be additional heads and/or faceplates. I need to check another source for those.) Add the 5 dolls I currently have up for sale and there's the 100.

20. @Bluenocs Now you know why so many old timers call this hobby "the inescapable vortex." :lol: It sounds like your collection is off to a lovely start! :)

@vermont chick I'm almost afraid to ask...do you do your own faceups/sewing?