1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the largest number of dolls you've had on order at once?

Sep 1, 2019

1. I'm currently waiting on four dolls. One is completely paid for (and shipping soon, hopefully?) and the other three are on layaway. It's my highest number yet, and I definitely see more layaway orders in my future since I still have plenty of space for more dolls. I don't have any type of policy to follow. If a doll I want and like can fit in my budget, I'll hit the order button! :lol:

2. @celga - I do some of my faceups, some sewing, and in the past year I've started crochet and wig-making. Obviously with so many dolls I can't customize them all, but it does save money to do as much as I can so I don't have to buy everything. I've tried to make shoes but there's a limit to what I can do.:lol:

3. Two-- one from the doll chateau big discontinuation, one a Dollmore Trinity, both a 12-month layaway. I think I'm maxed out on monthly doll budget spending. Unless something really strikes me, I can't see myself adding a 3rd. If it were 2 normal-priced dolls, though... I wouldn't be opposed, I think :evilplot: I really don't buy dolls all that often, so if I really like several dolls enough to commit to buying them, I'll go for it. No rules here, as long as I'm not overspending

edit: OH and I do have something I'm waiting for from Dollshe. Just some extra parts, not a doll. It's paid for and stuck in Dollshe's infinite queue, so I totally forgot about it and dont even count it

#43 Xila, Sep 4, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    4. I'm waiting on 4 dolls at the moment. One just got shipped yesterday! :abow:

5. I'm waiting on 3 big boys at the moment... /lies down/ This would have been unheard of back when I was studying and collecting at the same time. Now that I'm making money, it's a whole other story... :sweat

6. Only two heads, from when I first started. I am a pretty slow collector, I currently only have four dolls and one head after three and a half years. But there's a body and a full doll I really want and if they ever went on sale at the same time I would definitely get both. My current job (once I finally start getting paid) has a really good cost of living/salary ratio and I'm ready to start buying things. Maybe I'll get the off-topic cat I also want while I wait...

7. I think I've had a total of two ordered so far. I probably won't go higher then that since I'm not currently planning on buying anymore dolls at the moment.

8. Only two dolls I think, I am so impatient I could not make myself wait for more dolls at a time. I need to get the dolls home safely, before I can think of jumping on a new one again. Also since I am a grad school student so I need to budget. :lol:

9. I think, I had ordered 2 dolls at once. It was sold out very fast.

10. Three on order, and I do feel a bit guilty, as I had only really budgeted for one. But I ordered Doll Leaves Alisa, then fell in love with Doll Chateau Kid Bella version 2, and after that Aimerai Misaki, and I was a bit worried she might go out of stock. So, yeah, that happened. I also have two customized Obitsu heads on order, and a Parabox doll. But I do a boring job, and I have enough to cover all my bills, so I'm mostly okay with what I've spent. I just hope I love them when they arrive! I don't intend to purchase any more dolls until late next year, and after being stung by customs, I am going to be a lot more cautious about ordering things through Etsy and Parabox

11. The most I've had is three, but in my defence, it was one for me, one for my partner and one for a friend of mine that were just all ordered through my account on Alice's Collection~ So I didn't feel too guilty. The most I've had coming just for me is two~ One that I ordered on purpose and then another that was an impulse because she was too cute to miss out on!

12. Two, and I don't know that I'd do it again.

I usually buy secondhand so it's almost never really an issue, but earlier this year I placed an order for a body with Denver Doll while I had a layaway going with Meadow Dolls. My order from Denver Doll arrived within just a couple of months, but while I had both orders ongoing I had a really anxious feeling, like I had too much money tied up. It was irrational, but I was uneasy nonetheless. I know now that for myself, one at at time is the best way to go if I'm ordering new.

13. I have been trying to be good but then Iplehouse just released a new CREAA doll, Elysia, and then reopened the rest of the line. I spotted the cute little witch Cynthia so I had to get them both and put them on layaway. :D I also have a Doll Zone Mist Strayer on order as well as a Doll Leaves Hily 2.0. I have a huge weakness for goth/supernatural type dolls.

14. The largest amount I've had at once is just two. I'm trying my hardest to not just sink ALL my money in at once. So two shall probably be my limit.

15. Seems like the average in this thread is 2. Great, now I feel more guilty.

16. At one point I had 2 on preorder and 3 that I had ordered secondhand. That only lasted about a week, though.

17. One. Once a year :XD:. Hoy, I'm a big spender!

18. Waiting for a head and a body at the moment, both second hand. I only ever seem to be waiting on two at a time if I do get more than one in a year, my last arrivals were two heads. I hate waiting, but I do love the anticipation of a new OC being shelled or a floating head becoming a full doll! I really need to start knuckling down for wigs and eyes etc.

19. I´m going to say my highest was 2, one 1-year preorder and then a limited edition that came up near the end of it - but I´m someone who buys very few dolls in general: I like SDs and Volks AND I´m a student - so it always takes a while until I have enough for a new girl, plus Volks dolls are usually already made so the waiting time is rarely long enough for any two parts to be on their way at once. At the moment I´m "only" waiting for an SD I have had my eyes on for a while *yay* - after that it´s time to finally devote some money towards more wigs and eyes...I have been heavily neglecting that:sweat.

20. I am waiting for three dolls (new) and one head.. and I think it will increase, since Soom is releasing nice dolls this month. help. I`m addicted