1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the largest number of dolls you've had on order at once?

Sep 1, 2019

1. I'm very easily distracted and overwhelmed when I have too many projects to work on at once so I stagger purchases to avoid having incomplete dolls. Most I've had on order at one time was two and I knew that they were going to be arriving VERY far apart from each other so I would have time to focus on one before having to think about the other.

2. I have one full doll, one head and one kind of 1/3 body bust. Its easily the most dolls I've had on order yet. But I'm nearly done savings for another body so its going to tick up to four very soon. And depending how quickly other orders ship out and how long it'll take to save for another body, maybe even five.

3. I don't have any on order JUST YET, but my plan in 2020 is to place one bulk Fairyland order to avoid the shipping instead of ordering four times... I'll be getting a minifee girl body, two minifee boy bodies, a pukifee Zio, and accessories (two wigs, one pair of eyes, one pair of shoes, and an assortment of face protectors). I have NEVER ordered more than one doll at a time, but knowing that I'd otherwise have to pay EMS shipping four times when it COULD be FREE? Yeah no I'm just gonna go for it.

4. I recently placed my first doll order consisting of Dream Valley’s Glen and human Julie. Technically, I have 3 in this order since I qualified for an event wolf.

5. Hi! I'm curious what's the most amount of dolls you have had on order at once? I currently have 2. When my tax return comes, I will probably put in another doll order... I feel like that's a lot, but I'm pretty new. I think it's the wait times that make it seem like it's a lot.

I've preordered other things non BJD but that's a little different, since they had set release dates.

How many is too many to wait on at once?? :XD:

6. I had with BJDivas I think four dolls on layaway with them, but they made it so easy and I had them paid off long before they arrived, in fact still waiting on two from Dollshe.

7. I've only been into BJDs since last summer, and I ordered three in the first four months. Two of them have arrived, and I'm still waiting on the last one! I think it helps me feel a lot less impulsive with my spending now that I have my first (and second!) here to take photos of/hang out with/admire.

8. My rule is one on order at a time if I’m paying via layaway. If one is paid off but still waiting, I have no issues ordering another. Sometimes there is an overlap as wait times seem to be getting longer.

9. This is a good plan.

I put my first one on layaway, but kinda short. 3 months I believe, I have since paid it off. This adds to the temptation to do more!

10. @SylveonPaws yes, whenever I think I’m done adding to my collection, another on my ‘wish it existed’ gets released!

11. It depends on what you can afford honestly. I put four dolls on layaway with Souldoll (around 3000 dollars) and I did it with layaway. I could have paid in full at that time but it wouldn't have left me with any emergency funds. I didn't take out any other layaways during that time and paid it off earlier than I had to, but I made sure I had a nice cushion in my account in case something came up. I have rather large dolls (Most of them are 65cm and up) so I suppose its easier to pace myself? I don't know. At this point I've told myself no more until I make clothes/buy a wardrobe for the four new ones that came in last month. XD

12. Oh yeah, I do have a few outfits and a wig on order too, I don't count those though!

13. Too many :lol:

But seriously, it depends on the time of year. I typically save up for the christmas/ new years offers so tend to have multiple dolls on order at the beginning of the year. I might pick up another doll later in the year if something on my wish list comes up on sale or a limited really grabs me. So I think i usually have a last one doll on order through most of the year as the production times are so variable. Sometimes I feel a little anxious about it but fortunately for me, collecting smaller dolls and enjoying a favourable currency conversion rate helps a lot with it not being bank breaking ;)

14. If I'm waiting on one doll, I'm not putting another on order til the first arrives. I tend to lust after a great deal of dolls, but after I receive a single one I've been waiting for I'm usually occupied and enamored by it for at least 6 months to a year, so I don't put anything on order until I feel like I *need* another doll.

15. I currently have three dolls on order right now. One is due to be shipped any day now-- any day now, Dearmine!-- and the other two, who I actually ordered together, probably won't get to me til at least the end of this year. Personally I like having as few things on order as possible, since the more packages (and money!) I have floating out in the ether the more antsy I get. This goes for non-doll related things too. There was a time period last year where I was waiting for six or seven things at once, and it was surprisingly stressful!

16. Whatever works for you and your finances is okay! It's about your interest in them, your joy and what you want out of the hobby :)

I grew up with really limited resources for just about...well.. anything....
      Many years later, in a far different financial situation, I realized I had always wanted to get into BJDs -- and I really hadn't had the opportunity yet to spend any of my disposable income in my adult life. So I got what I wanted for a good while! It was scary in it's own way to invest in my love for doing my own art, but I went with the flow. I had a lot on order for a while, but the tail end is kinda wrapping up, and I feel like I have enough dolls now for all the projects I want to do and things I want to learn :)

I'd just listen to your heart and goals with proper balance to your pocket book and that's what will make your number of dolls on order okay for you, personally :kitty2

17. I'm still waiting on 5 dolls to arrive. I have five with me currently. I'm about to order more though. Although I'm quite impatient and usually looking for second hand if anything interests me.

18. It's usually no more than one for me, but occasionally it ends up being two or three due to some company or other's very long wait times... Right now? It's two (a Prias and a Kios ordered from Argonautica back in November-), plus a pair of DV pet dolls.

Given prior experiences with Dream Valley, I don't expect to see my Loxy or Gru until around this time next year. They're likely to be on the "waiting for" list for a very long time.

19. I think I have 3 on order right now, I refuse to have more than one layaway going on at once. I’ve started shopping more second hand lately and putting what I’d be willing to spend on a layaway in a separate savings account for when something pops up that I can’t resist. I just started my 3rd year in the hobby and I’m still exploring what kind of dolls I enjoy and which parts call me the most. So I feel like a revolving door for dollies :whee::XD:

20. .

#80 Gintsumi, Mar 12, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024