1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the largest number of dolls you've had on order at once?

Sep 1, 2019

1. I've got 5 on order at the moment.
      I would like to have a couple arrive before ordering anyone else.
      I'm still paying for 2 of them on layaway - before I used layaway I would only have 1 on order at a time.

2. My max was four. Three of them weren't on layaway, but even though I had no trouble with making the payments on the fourth, I felt so guilty. :sweat

As for how many is too many...? That's easy: it's one more than you feel that you can afford comfortably. A hobby should never put you into dangerous debt!

Edit: LOL! I was answering someone else's thread, and it just got combined with this one that I started years ago! :XD:

#82 celga, Mar 13, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    3. I’ve been in this hobby for nearly 15 years continuously, and some years were pretty wild as far as doll purchases go! For the most part however, I stuck to 2 or 3 dolls over an entire year with only one at a time on layaway. But yeah, I think a couple of times I had 4 layaways actively going at once. It takes nerves of steel, let me tell you!:sweat

#83 PoeticSoul, Mar 13, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    4. The most I’ve had on order is 3 at a time. Right now I have two on going layaways and I may add a Ringdoll to that. I have three dolls I waited on to come on. They are two yo sds and one SDgr girl.

5. Currently I am waiting for three full dolls and one body. And I am considering to order another one in April (either from Bluefairy or from Volks).
      I am a bit scared at how much money I am willing to throw at pretty dolls :abambi:. Luckily it's not a problem financially at the moment. Even without using layaways.

6. I have 5 on order from Fairyland right now (3 are tinies). They are in 3 different orders. One of my three orders is still on lay away but I have the money for it to be paid off.

7. The most I’ve had on order was 3. One pre-order and 2 on layaway. Never fails when I decide to buy a doll, one pops up from my most wanted list:lol:

8. I currently have 5 on order. My first dolls too! The one I'm most looking forward to is Fairy Forest from Luts!

9. It's gotten a liiiitle out of hand in my house this past year :sweat my current on-order list is my largest I've ever had. Let's see... I think that's 7 full dolls and 2 accompanying event heads? Though they've been ordered anywhere from a week ago to ten months ago so it's partially due to long production times.

I used to limit myself to two layaways at a time a few years ago, but I have significantly more stable income now so I don't feel bad having more.

10. I've only ever had 1 doll on an order at a time, and I'll (hopefully) try to keep it that way because of expensive some dolls get. When I preordered by last doll it was very tempting to put another doll on order by impulse to cope with the waiting game, but I'm glad I didn't!

11. Three full dolls on order, one body + head planned hybrid, and one body for a head I'm planning to sculpt myself. But two of the full dolls are from Dollshe, so they don't count :thumbup

12. i currently have three full dolls and one head on order, they where all paid for at different times so i don't feel too guilty.
      the problem with bjds taking so long to arrive is i end up wanting more before the last ordered even gets here!

13. If we are talking about preorders I believe the most I had was 3 at once. Now, if we are talking about how many dolls I have been waiting to arrive at once...well that number is a bit bigger!

14. I just started collecting and I have three paid off waiting to ship, and one on layaway...

15. I have five that I'm currently waiting for. It was six but one was in stock and shipped, the rest are on order and have to be made.

16. Pretty sure it's what I'm waiting on right now, which is five dolls, two bodies, and one head (and that's not counting the extra heads that come with two of the dolls by default lmao). They were all done by layaway, with one doll and the head/bodies still on layaway. They're also all from companies who take a while some more than others, so the wait has been over a year on some of them. Won't be ordering anything else for a while, though lol.

17. Currently I have 2 on order... I’m still actively paying payments on both of them. I’m in a bit of a dilemma because I’m afraid dust of dolls will start a new preorder for an Appi sized doll and I really want her but I just don’t know if it’s a smart move on my part. The reality is setting in where I can’t always get what I want... which makes me sound spoiled or something. I’m sure a lot of you can relate on having to miss out on preorders you were looking forward to :c

18. I've got 3 full dolls and a head on order which is the most I've been waiting on so far.

19. My largest number on order was 3 dolls. It was an incredible month where multiple companies just happened to be holding events for dolls I fell absolutely in love with. :lol:

I don't actually have a strict cap/policy on the number of dolls I'll put on order, but I only spend a set amount of money I have put aside specifically for this hobby. If I was being 'good' for several months, I'd probably have enough put aside for multiple orders at once. But after a binge-spending session like the above then I wouldn't have much left for any additional doll purchases. So I suppose my saving/spending habits naturally put a cap on how many dolls I'd be able to have on order at once.

20. I think 2? They were my 2nd and 3rd dolls. I just got my 4th doll last year, and am waiting on my 5th right now.

I generally like to pace myself when it comes to my fun money spending, so I probably wouldn't order more than 2 dolls at once.