1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the matter with Angel Region NT Kai?

Aug 21, 2006

1. >< He's limited? o.o *oogles Shin*

Shin: -_-;;;;;;;

2. LOL! Yes. He's limited. You didn't know? You've got a very special boy there! ;)

Sorry, that just amused me. :X

3. wow! I've never had a limited...well anything! *squee* now I have to make hiim a uber outfit!!

Shin: but..you can't sew to save your life? you just cut holes in things >.>

4. I agree with akari ~ it's a sculpt problem, not a stringing problem. Simon's tension is wonderful and his legs are wired, but the sculpt of his knees make him a pain to stand. In fact, when I do get him to stand, his left knee has to be doing this weird overlap thing I don't know how to describe. Luckily, he's too good looking for me ever to part with! ;)

EDIT : wow...this thread is busy... you guys just had, like, a whole conversation while I was typing that response!

5. o.o wow. Shin stands pretty go. Its kinda like memerizing a code sometimes tho. Shift waist here, put arms there, knees here, but there >.>

6. Oh.. that waist joint is something else, I tell you. I'm only used to dealing with luts boys so the way his waist kept 'moving' around surprised me. >_> It would go back and forth, and interfered with my trying to get him to stand. I'm not sure I quite like the mobility of his arms as sometimes they hand funnily at his side. Mmm... I don't mind any AR body problems, though. Mostly, once I DO get him standing, he stays pretty well. Go Kai, Go! XD

7. I loves Kai's there so cute!

8. ...He's limited to 30 in the world... You didn't know?... x.x; S'why he ends up being so darn expensive.

I don't know whether to be annoyed or flattered that you want a NT Kai fox boy.

9. i know this is an old thread but I just caught up on reading it.

Standing, problems? O.o First I've heard about it. 'Zety was perfect from the word go, until he broke his string. (Worse feeling the world, picking up a doll, hearing a snap and then being left with an upper torso and a head in your hands with everything else scattered on the floor.)

Then he had crappy stringing in him for a few months and could barely stand, but now he's been restrung he stands at the slightly hint. And Fall, the 3rd ed. has kicky leg syndrome but restringing will take care of that. I'm too lazy.

But difficult to stand? That's news to me!

And yea, i think part of the reason why they resell a lot *is* their size and their stylised faces. Everyone I know when then paw one of my boys, the first thing they say (if they're a doll owner that is) is..."My god...there;s no doll there?!"

I like the smallness, and am wondering if I'll be able to cope with the 60cm I have on the way. (But he's a wu and apparently skinny. So I'm sure I'll manage. ^_^ )

10. Oh! I don't know that I'd seen one before. He's WONDERFUL! *heart heart*

I personally adore that little stylized face. I hope you get rich and found that home for little lost Kais! :D

11. lol Wu's actually the same size as am AR Fair boy, so you won't have anything to get used to except for his bulk. He's much more muscular than the skinny little Fairs, but barely any taller. I love the short boys. :aheartbea

But the standing problem is with all the Fairs (At least the boys) It's not that they can't stand, it can just be incredibly tricky. It's the sculpting of their knees. This is probably a big reason Angelregion is redesigning the bodies. When I got my first Fair, Nik, I thought that there had been some mistake and he had gotten someone elses lower legs when he was restrung or something, because they didn't match up properly, but when I got my Kai, I discovered they're all like that apparently. *_*

12. As an owner of an Angelregion doll myself--though mine is a normal skin Warrick--it's refreshing to know that I'm not the only one to put up with silly knee and butt joints.

I've also had floppy arms and the issue of the eyes being hot glued in. I've gotten over the fear of taking him apart to open his headcap, but I don't think I'll ever be able to get up the courage to take out the hot glue. I guess its' good I like his blue eyes. ^^;;

It's sort of sad since I LOVE his cute little pout and the little death-glare he flops forward to give me sometimes and his little hands--they fit his character VERY well. His body is just totally out of whack when it comes to posing.

13. In all honesty, I think it's the headmold. Kai is VERY strange looking (and that's why I love him.)

My PoJ Kai has been likened to Michael Jackson before.(which is so totally true! XD)

Also, ARs do have strange little bodies, which could also be a turnoff.

Needless to say, I just bought a Tan Kai, who was already on his second owner!
      (I think I'm the only one who likes the silly knee joints? Tatsu's butt has never done anything weird that I've really noticed either, save for that he sits rather like a girl, with his knees together.
      Also, I have absolutely NO problem standing my Kai. He's actually one of my best standers.)

Last year at Yaoicon, I saw a Tan Kai who had his finger separated, and they looked great!
      I must admit that the AR hands are a little odd... but I love the gropey little things.

Admittedly, I think my Kai, Tatsurou is my favourite doll due to his quirks, and I would never sell him.

14. I dunno. I love my boy even if he's a little moody sometimes -_- But I gave him a present and now eh's better. Funny tho. He's amazing when standing and rearly falls unless someone pokes him. I don't knwo what his last owner did but its was wonderful

15. Hmmm...I adore my Warrick Fair! I have a rather twisted sense of humor, so he's the older brother, and my guy's Hound is the younger! As characters, they get a great deal of milage out of this as well... ;)

Sueding/wiring is the way to go, truly! But reading this had made decide to work on some AR fair sized clothing, as well as doing ones for Hound for the ones I'll be selling as ready to wear. I wasn't sure what interest there would be, but I'll give it a shot, so these lovely boys can keep their cute rears covered stylishly!

16. -just stumbled across thread, ah well-

It always makes me so happy to know that Anzety (oops, not 'Zety, yes?) is in such a good home! I was the previous owner, and the reason I sold him is the same as most here: his size bothered me, his hands and feet were too small for my tastes, and he just looked odd next to my other boys. I always thought he was beautiful, but in my head he was a tad too femenine for my tastes (being a fan of the masculine boys). However, I think that he is quite happy where he is now, so alls well that ends well!

17. I also started working on some fair sized clothes.
      I totally miscalculated when sizing up an MSD shirt pattern at midnight though, and wound up a little... off.

Oh well, it'll make a nice shirt for Sett. *LOL*
      Tatsu's default shirt actually fits Sett nearly perfectly... So he's a big MSD sized doll, and Tatsu's a small SD sized doll.

18. *laugh* I think that's funny... Out of my boys, Seine looks most masculine right now. ^^; ...He's probably the only one without insanely long hair though.

19. Unfortunately, my Tatsurou is currently in a pvc mini-dress, looking quite girly. XD

I think he pulls off both genders well though.