1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most creative thing you've seen in this hobby

Dec 19, 2016

1. The stop motion films by Anne Pecaro!! Just incredible!

2. Pretty much all the BJD sculptors out there. So much energy and passion goes into creating all these beautiful dolls for us all to enjoy.

But some honorable mentions would be Akhmel Dolls super unique and amazing designs, CrowBlackJays beautiful dragon sculpt, and PashaPasha's innovative shoulder joint!

3. @Anne I love Anne Pecaro's stop motion films! I'm lucky enough to know her in person, she's part of my local doll community and we're having a meet on Saturday. She'll be delighted to hear someone loves her films! I'll be sure to tell her!

4. Sounds basic, lip mods.. saw the cutest doll recently with snake bites and one with the labret. (I used to have it done) - I find them pretty cool!

5. I saw a doll with a custom wig, made by the owner, that looked like a whole forest floor in bloom, and a matching outfit in several colors of hand-felted wool.

6. I can't name anything in particular, but DIAROMAS! Oh my goodness, how I love them! They're miniature worlds! I have plans to make some but no real progress - maybe this will be the year!

7. Diaromas are one of my favourite parts of this hobby! I'm hoping to make one for my SD doll this year. Just gotta find the room in my house lol.

8. @jabberwocky92 Ooh exciting! Are you planning on a permanent set up or foldable diorama? :whee:

I really love the idea of a 'storage' diorama where I can display my dolls in character rather than just sitting on a shelf (not that there's anything wrong with that) and then have foldable/collapsable ones for other settings. So like a permanent home display, then other smaller sets like a park, forest, or restaurant sort of thing. :sweat

9. Gonna go with a permanent one so she isn't just sitting on my shelf or in her box. Thinking I might turn a small computer table I have that I'm currently storing toys on top of in to it, or buying a small used desk from an op shop. Many, many things to consider and decide on!
      Mostly I just need to keep cleaning to get the room I'll need, I never realised how much space SD size dolls take up until I brought one :doh which is why my next doll will be a minifee so I can take her out to do photos and such.

10. that will be how amazing the faceups and how other doll owners show their creativity through their dolls.

11. The creation of a whole BJD doll start to finish, with the face up. Now that's multi talent!

12. I've been completely impressed with several other Etsy shop owners who create amaaaazing one of a kind outfits for BJDs. "Ospirit" comes to mind first. I love her unique ever-changing flow of design. I respect that. She never does the same outfit twice and isn't mass produced or common. I feel like with the money that I put into my bjds, I'm not going to put them in cheap (or not so cheap) outfits that everyone else has too. The point for me is that I'm able to take and express uniqueness through my dolls. It's an outlet.

13. I saw photoset with Loki (mnm T.Hiddleston) in a winter forest. It was amazing. Like not doll but alive Loki. All parts of his outfit were brilliant - armour, clothes, even pot with honey. I've been impressed very much.

14. I'm new to the hobby, and am so glad you mentioned this in this thread...otherwise I might never have known to go look up Puki Trek, too fun!!!

15. Candy Gears aka Redd Walitzki and her dolls Clean Slate and Mr. Have--on their Night Flight.

16. Marmite Sue's lace angel egg dolls are my favorite.

17. Erm, dancing dolls? Powered by servos, the dolls come to life with a touch on your smartphone.

18. I can't recall who made them, but someone on flickr I think had modded like 2-3 dolls (or they sculpted the dolls themselves? I can't remember) so that their torsos looked liked violins, and one or all of them had amputated legs with stitches still in. It was bizarre the first time I saw them, but they're really fantastically done, and so beautiful. I also have to throw my vote toward several of the ooak dress/outfit makers I see around. I've seen some pretty interesting stuff, especially on Etsy and Pinterest.

19. I think it's super creative when I see carved dolls, they look so amazing! I am lucky enough to have gotten one from somebody.

20. Serenade Doll once did a set of BJDs based on the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale "The Nightingale." One of the dolls was the artificial nightingale, and she took human female form - but her torso was constructed like a cage, with a gold bird perched in the middle. I don't know if she was the most creative - that's a tough call - but she was definitely up there! (And I wish that I had gotten her fullset when I had the chance :XD:)