1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most interesting place you've taken your doll?

Jun 15, 2019

1. I've taken one of my dolls shopping with me at Ikea to see if there was a shelf that would fit them on it. I think I could have just taken measurements instead of bringing him haha. No one blinked an eye really

2. The only place I've ever brought one of my dolls was to this coffee shop my friends and I like to visit. The girls there all know us, but it was awkward to have my boy on display for the other customers to see. Not that anyone cared, lol. I do wish there were somewhere more interesting to take them where I live! Maybe the craft store next time I go.

3. I'll be going to Centralia, PA next week with one of my YoSD-sized dolls. I'm really hoping for fog.

Of course, Centralia is only one stop on our week-long road trip. I will have one well-traveled doll at the end of it (I still need to decide which one to take!)

4. I usually don't travel with dolls, but once I did take a 70cm guy to this amazing abandoned building. I wanted to make a super gothic shoot, and I thought this location--with it's grey weather, woods, and ruins-- would be perfect. Sadly, the pictures I took didn't do the location or the doll much justice.

5. Had to take one to my insurance agent to help them understand that no i wasn't saying i needed to insure $800 barbies (not that there's anything wrong with that), and that they were more like figures. Other than that, i haven't taken them anywhere interesting.

6. I've taken my tiny to a ren faire and a Japanese tea garden. I also took all of them to a cafe for a meet. I saw a few patrons close the windows... :lol:

7. i take my boys and girls everywhere, theyve been on the subway,anime stores,book stores,road trips, the cottage, vacations but the weirdest thing i thin was when i brought them kayaking, i brought my boyfriends doll and i made a little kayak and everything for her i took pics of her and we went deep into the kayak trail and through some rapids, it was a little scary having her clamped between my thighs during the rapids to not lose her at first but on the calm waters it was cute

8. Would you believe I take Chaeri to work with me? I work in a call center, and Riri has her own little space on my desk where she sits and watches me work all day. She even has her own little headset and badge. Yeah, my coworkers know I'm strange, but several of them actually come by just to see what she's wearing today.

9. I live near Washington, DC, so I’ve been taking one of my tiny off-topic resin dolls downtown to museums and monuments. He’s become a pretty good tourist!

10. Same here! I brought my Volks YoSD to Tenshi no Sato and it was great! It felt like I was bringing her to a family reunion. Plus the staff members were so nice, they waved at her when I walked by :XD:

11. Most adventurous place I've taken my tiny is a Starbucks for a meetup in Orlando. I felt oddly at peace with her there and didn't mind the questions people asked! However I'm really shy about this hobby and I don't think I could take her anywhere where it'd just be me and her alone, without other collectors.

12. I'd love to travel and take a doll or two with me, hope to do so in the future. Prior to now I've taken dolls to fairly local places, although some have been out and about in the car when I've driven across the country. Roadtrip photos are fun, but I'd absolutely love to visit Japan and take photos in various shrines, etc (with all respect for the location, of course).

13. I took my doll to the fabric store. It was a big step for me!

14. I took my doll to WAR! i.e. the Pennsic War, an annual event held by the Society for Creative Anachronism in Pennsylvania, a little party I hold with 10,000 of my dearest friends, and traditional enemies.

15. Yes, used to take dolls to war. Most distant however was a 1/3 girl to Hawaii.

16. I do not know how interesting this is but I have taken a few of my dolls to Disney World. One of my dolls will also go with me whenever I travel to any one of the several craft stores we have around town to find props and fabric. I have also taken my doll to an anime convention back in the old city I used to live in.

17. Oh wow, I've taken a doll with me to all kinds of places! Art museums, cafes, anime conventions, shopping, craft stores, even IKEA. :lol: When I drive cross country, I usually have a doll with me to keep me company. And of course, I can't leave them in the car or hotel room, so they go with me so I can take pics. I often use a doll as a "me substitute" instead of taking a selfie. :kitty1

I suppose the most interesting place I've even taken a doll was when I took Noriko with me to NYC to the 2014 Hatsune Miku Expo and concert. She was cosplaying as 32 year old Miku. :XD: she got her pic taken quite a few times, and even made it on a Japanese TV show. I wish I knew which one, I'd love to find my interview!

[​IMG]
      20141017_134823_zps7ee91345
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

Ryu

18. I take tea monthly with friends at a very lovely tearoom (well, we did until these challenging times that are going on now) and I always take along a doll. My dolls enjoy taking tea as much as I do and we are all looking forward to the time when we can resume this wonderful activity.

19. I'm another person who takes photos of their doll instead of selfies.Leon, the Puki Puki in my profile pic, usually rides in an inner pocket of my purse. He goes nearly everywhere I go. He went all the way to Italy with me. I have a photo of him with the Flat Iron Building in NYC in the background. He's small, so I've never had a stranger ask about him.