1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most you have spent on an bjd outfit?

Sep 7, 2009

1. I bought a Freedom Teller suit for my EID Dexter - THAT put me back over $200...

2. I think the most expensive outfit I purchased for my dolls was my Soom Jethro's default outfit at $225. He didn't need shoes because he has hooves, thank goodness.

3. I think the most expensive outfit I've bought was around $ 250 > < It was won on a yahoo! auction.

4. About $40 if you count all the clothing pieces as one outfit, including shoes. I rarely spend more than $10 per piece and it's usually less than that. I buy a lot of my clothes used, make some, even the shoes I'm always looking for bargains. I don't count wigs as they are something I rarely change unlike an outfit. They're a part of the doll's whole look, like eyes, but I don't necessarily change them just because I change parts of the outfit they are wearing.

5. Around $50? lol I've only even had a doll for about 3 months, so I just bought him some jeans, a pair of shoes and a bunch of shirts to start off his wardrobe. I'd say that the jeans, the shoes, and one of the shirts are about $50 together. It would have been less, too, if CAD weren't doing so poorly.

6. $110 or so? But they were preorders, and I had long layaways, so I was only paying...like $25 at a time.

The most I've spent on an outfit all at once is I think $60-$70.

7. I do not think I have gone over 200 for just an outfit, but as others of you have said, if I add up boots, and hair, then may have gone over that. I pay far more for doll boots and shoes than I do my own!

8. Def somewhere in the 200 range, I did a lot of over spending for my first doll lol

9. I myself have never spent a ton of a single outfit, but at the first doll meetup I went to (very early in my doll-owning career) I saw two people with dolls that both had INSANELY ELABORATE OUTFITS. I mean, each doll's outfit was about $1000, and they were both complaining about how their dollies were just not feeling the clothes. So they switched outfits, because they liked each other's better, and I was just there gaping like WHO DECIDES THEY ARE GOING TO TRADE SOMETHING THEY SPENT SO MUCH ON???? I get it more now, but still... (Sorry it didn't answer your question but it seemed related? :'D )

10. I think the most I've spent was around $110 for Dollheart outfit sets. I don't mind the price, as the quality is very good and DH pieces from different sets can be mixed & matched, so you can make multiple looks from a couple of outfits. I can't sew at all, and I appreciate how difficult it must be to sew on such a small scale. I don't think I'd spend more than $200 on an outfit, and even then it would have to be a really special, elaborate set with more than just one or two pieces. There are a lot of Etsy sellers that have really cute fullsets, some OOAK, for under $100, so I buy a lot of Etsy clothes too.

11. I bought a Soom elf set for my Tarec, my tiny, purple Resinsoul, which was about $100 without shipping. With it, it's more expensive than he was :)

12. Ughhhh... I want to say close to $500? If it's any consolation, it was BTSSB.

13. Over $200. I have a Freedom Teller suit (Jacket, pants, vest, tie) I bought for Dhani for his wedding and I bought the shirt somewhere else, already had the shoes, but all together I think it came to about $250. I also commissioned a full authentic 18th Dynasty outfit (shift, skirt, headdress, sandals, belt) for Pharaoh Ay which came out to be around $225, I think?

Normally, I don't spend so much on one outfit unless it's something super special or the doll needs something extremely difficult to find and tailored to their size. Most of my dolls have their own wardrobes, and most of that is mix and match. Then the average for SD is usually around maybe $75 per full outfit (jeans, shoes, shirt) and $40 per Minifee (leggings/jeggings/shirt/shoes or dress/shoes). I make most of my YoSD and tiny stuff, or get cute sets from NuBanded on Etsy for around $10.

14. About $200 and it was a Doll Heart outfit.

15. $295 on an outfit from Sadol. No regrets.

Sadol makes the highest quality clothes I have ever seen in the hobby so I don't mind spending lots of money on them since I know I will be 100% satisfied.

16. 135 dollars for a Peak's Woods full outfit <3

17. I think around $85. Which is a lot... I don't even like spending that much on a pair of jeans... :/

18. Maybe $250 for a hand-sewn one-off outfit?

19. $450 for my SOOM Topaz Honey Dew dress :shudder

20. About 225 for an outfit that wasn't sold on Iplehouse's website before :'D. Worth it though, it's my favorite dress for my doll! :D