1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your celebrity minimee to you?

Apr 3, 2010

1. I have a BJD made to resemble Charlie Chaplin and I like to copy scenes from the movies with my doll.
      I also have a Benedict Cumberbatch head who will probably be Sherlock. :sweat

2. I've got Gackt minimee's; they are all dressed in a certain era's style and remain that way.
      To me they are more like very large figures than BJDs. But I like them just the same.

3. I have a DIM Tom Hiddleston MNM and he is my Loki. He actually has two heads one Asgard and one Jotun. I will be saving up to commission someone to make his outfit from the movie as I cannot sew a stitch. Otherwise he will wear darker cloths that I think suit his character. He is based on Loki from the Thor movies but his story is a mixture of mythology, Marvel and my imagination.

4. i would love it if they made an amy winehouse minimee...:blush

5. I know how to make a big bouffant beehive like hers with a yarn wig - I did it for a couple of OT cloth dolls years ago. I just adored her. :(

I have plans for a chibi fourth Doctor and HP Lovecraft, but I don't know if they'd count as minimees.

6. I would LOVE to see this.

7. I have what are essentially minimees of Korean Hallyu stars Lee Jong Suk (Souldoll Onulhara), Changmin of TVXQ (RosenGarden's Rui on Volks SD Grn body), Lee Ha Na (Elf Doll Lovely Rita head on LoongSoul 62 cm body) & Shin Min Ah (Iplehouse Zera). They are characters who live in my little BJD village of Crosston Creek, GA - geeks who like to cosplay. I also have two actual MiniMee heads - Sarah Jane Smith (Doctor Who companion - 3rd & 4th Doctors) & Rumpelstilskin from Once Upon A Time. I got them to be older characters - the Rumpelstiltskin head is for an old man in his 80s, while Sarah Jane will be a MALE in his early 50s :D Minimee heads often look older than standard BJDs which is nice for shelling older characters.

8. I have two Creepy-chan/Allison Harvard Minimees which probably makes me sound creepy myself. She was on a season of America's Next Top Model and had a lot of cool/creepy pictures of her floating around the internet at the time. There was a first group order which filled really quickly and I wasn't a part of that one, but my friend got one. When she got the sculpt it was beautiful and I ended up really wanting one enough to run another order. The second one was cute but it didn't charm me the way the first sculpt had. Eventually that friend sold hers and so now I have one of each so that's why I have two.

Anyway, I always loved Allison's general look but have never intended to make either sculpt "her." She has a very ethereal look and so I'd like to make her some sort of dark fantasy character. The first sculpt would make a great Mina Harker from Dracula. Sadly I still don't have bodies for either head.

Both pictures and face-ups are done by Meggilu.

1. First group order sculpt. This is the exact head I own now.

[​IMG]

2. Coincidentally Meggilu also did a face-up for the second group order. I do not own the doll in the picture, but I think it's cool to see them together and done by the same faceup artist! They're both really cute!

[​IMG]

9. I have several character/"minimee" dolls, though none are actual Minimee sculpts. However, since the OP is asking additional questions... they are their characters, yes, but in a "fanfiction" sort of way, where they don't fit 100% anymore with their original stories. And while I do have plans to make their "recognizeable" outfits for them, those won't be the only things they wear; they'll have options of other clothing that also suits their characters!

I do have three minimee heads around, though only one of an existing character (the other two are OCs), an Edward Elric MSD-sized minimee, who never worked on any heads and who I fell out of love with as a doll, though I still love as a sculptural piece. While in a way, I feel that it's a bit sad that he will never be a doll to be photographed and shared around, having him as a bust on my shelf of collectables does make me smile still, and the new head I got to create the same character works better in photos and on bodies anyway.

10. oh god, I loved the beehive. also huge whovian here too:love