1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your Danger Company?

Jan 11, 2023

1. hmm currently Yukilovecomic / 啊U .... I wish they would sell just heads though!

2. Ohhhhh The Voice :love always a correct answer, everything is gorgeous!

Coming back to my own thread here, I've noticed that for myself most times I overlook smaller artists so they wind up being less dangerous. The smallest one for me is Unoa/Alchemic Labo (instant secondhand purchases, twice) but it's mostly larger and better known companies like Souldoll and Dream Valley. (Mostly Souldoll though. DV and DFH for bodies, but everything Souldoll.)

Also Iplehouse. I've had three, regardless of them not fitting in with my crew proportionally (which is big for me), and they keep distracting me. It's the realistic aesthetic, I'm sure. Maybe they'll be ones I collect once my current crew is completed...

3. Volks for me. It's hard for me to impulse buy a doll but outfits are another story. The details and quality are way above what I could make myself. Every time I look at my dolls I'm tempted to look at new outfits, then I imagine how my dolls would look in them...

4. It’s Volks for me, but only the vinyl dolls. There are so many I’d love to have! Thankfully my budget is keeping the collection down to a reasonable size, lol.

5. Definitely Migidoll - I don't know why, but they definitely get me more often than any other company! After that, it's Volks, but I'm very picky. They've released a ton of dolls lately that are must-haves, but there are plenty I'm safe from.

6. KaniBoom for sure!

7. Souldoll. I own 4 of their dolls and want at least 3 more. I can't say no to that company

8. Currently, I have five Doll Menagerie (Marmite Sue) girls that were purchased on three seperate pre-orders. Once I get these dolls in the post, I should have all the three second generation girl bodies and resin skin colors; Expect for the two fantasy colors, ash and white. I still have a few more molds, that I don't own. I really have to force myself to not go overvoard when Eli opens up a pre-order, because with all the spare parts options available, the bill quickly adds up. I love supporting Eli's work and artistic vision. :D

9. I'd say Loongsoul! So many of their sculpts are really beautiful and I love the way they do their faceups. If I had an unlimited amount of space and money I think I'd buy a lot more of their sculpts.

10. I absolutely love Dika Doll. I have to stop myself from looking at the dolls on Alice's Collections because everytime I do I end up adding another sculpt to my wish list.

11. Dollzone. Their designs are breathtaking, and I love seeing concepts that I have never seen before.

12. Definitely Peaks Woods. In the span of about 1 year I've acquired a FOC Tristan and Hunky Dory head, a FOB V.F. Mona, and I have a FOC Red coming home soon. Plus I have like 3 or 4 more of their dolls I want. I'm toast. :sweat

13. Always has been and always will be Volks. Since I started this hobby in 2006 they have had a strong hold on my wallet and my collection preference. I mean, I did leave the hobby for 10+ years but now that I'm back? The first doll I purchased was a Volks SDC from the DOA marketplace. So it's a never ending cycle. :XD:

14. I'd say Dollzone so far, mainly cause they are the first one I ordered two sculpts from. However, I would be a liar if I said that a good portion of Dream Valley's sculpts didn't tempt me.

15. definitely dreamvalley with their more stylized slender male sculpts and fantasy designs

16. VOLKS.
      Particularly Megu and dolls with a similar face like F-106. If they ever release an SDM one I'm doomed.

17. Dollzone for sure. Only actually ordered one doll so far, but I always find myself going back to look at their dolls, and already want two more once I get mine.

18. Admittedly, I can't really think of any companies that provide threat to the wallet upon their releases (thank you for being focused solely on shelling existing OCs/specific existing characters, personal tastes :XD:). The closest I can come up with to this for me is Dragon Shell doll. They have such unique, interesting face sculpts—many of which I would be more than happy to acquire if given the opportunity. :kitty2

19. It started with Ringdoll, but their style seemed to have veered towards extremely muscular guys that seem to get taller with every release.

So currently, it's Loongsoul.
      I am very weak to ancient Chinese styles and their dolls just give me a dignified and powerful impression without flaunting their physical stature, at least that is not the focus at first.
      I am a little sad I missed the period where they created a lot of their fantasy dolls (I love the Eloise and White/Black Dragon sculpts, sigh.).
      But overall, a lot of what they have put out, is right up my alley.

20. Jacoosun Studio.

The dolls fit in play line/blythe clothes but wear minifee sized wigs and usually 12-16mm eyes. AKA all very common and easy to find. They are dangerously easy to shop for, letting me buy the best of all the worlds. And they have fantastic posing! Plus being tiny size, they are very easy to transport and don't take up a ton of space (copious closet space for clothes/shoes/accessories aside).