1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your Danger Company?

Jan 11, 2023

1. I don't really have a danger company! I've discovered that I like having variety in my collection and I'm remarkably choosy about who passes the benchmark to get added.

I will say that I'm tempted by a lot of things (and I do mean a lot, as I have hoarding tendencies and a corvid brain that goes "ooooh shiny!"), but being tempted is not the same thing as purchasing outright. I'm also discovering that I'm big on hybriding, so I mix-and-match to get my perfect doll without much regard for company of origin.

2. Joydoll will always be my danger company. I was narrowly safe with the current preorder -- the doll I liked was perfect except for one dealbreaker trait. But I love everything Joydoll makes, so I'll never be safe from her 1/3 heads.

JR.Schick too. I've been able to ignore her because she sculpts mainly 75cm male heads, and as attractive as they are I'll never play with 75s. But her current preorder has two very attractive guys and she's offering them in 70cm size for the first time... it's taking all my willpower to resist them! If she keeps on releasing heads at 70cm I will be in serious danger. :whee:

3. DollsTown. The best bodies!!! also great service and great communication. And Seola has my heart.

4. I can't buy most dolls new so that tends to curb that kind of thing. I really love the Ringdoll, Iplehouse and Dollshe dolls and I have come to like Minifees but I only have what I do from those doll makers because vs very generous doll friend gave me a few of them when I got stable and housed again after a long horrid stretch of personal disasters.

The rest are a motley crew of dolls from various makers that I picked up used pretty cheaply.

There's only one doll I still don't have that I really want back because he was stolen from me but when I go there again it will be the mini version of him.

I live in a very limited space now so I have to limit the size of most of my dolls. I do have a couple of SD sized dolls but most of mine are 18" or less now.

5. Dollmore or Volks, I don’t have a doll from either as I am a newbie but dang…… they sure are tempting, I’m sure once I get more doll money they are bound to cost me lots! I love super dollfie clothes and sculpts and I love big dolls so the Dollmore Trinity doll line is a major want for me!

6. Miracle doll. I love their face sculpts, I love their body sculpts- I don't have much from them, but I know that's going to change over time.

7. Doll Chateau and Dollzone. I think what causes it is that with other BJD, I know I can probably find something at least somewhat similar, but many of their sculpts are one-of-a-kind.

8. I have to revise my answer, although I love Myou dolls, I haven't pulled the trigger again yet, even though I still think about it and the price tag is appealing. On the other hand, I've brought a few Volks dolls home since then, and I just narrowly avoided another one :sweat

9. I do like Dollshe, Ringdoll and Iplehouse dolls, especially the boys but lately LLT's Roderick is the dolly love of my life SD doll-wise.

10. I may be too new to have a "true" danger company, but so far the ones where I've had to be careful not to buy everything I've seen are: Fairyland, Myou, and Charmdoll. They make such pretty sculpts!