1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your dolls clothing style?

Jul 17, 2015

?
  1. Andreja fashionable casual "fashion doll" style

20.3%
  2. Sporty

6.8%
  3. Grunge/Punk

16.9%
  4. Heavy Metal

4.7%
  5. Goth

15.5%
  6. Pastel Fairy-Kei

18.2%
  7. Mori

26.4%
  8. Lolita/Kodoma/Ouji/Victorian style Clothing

38.5%
  9. Other

52.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Aristocratic for sure. Lots of dandy clothes and layers! I can't imagine my doll in anything less fancy.

2. My doll wears casual pastel clothes but I also plan on getting her some lolita dresses when I have the money

3. lolita all the way!!! I'm planning on having a sweet vs gothic(classic) look going on between my two girls. I've made the designs, bought the fabric, just waiting on my girls now XD

4. depends. If the doll looks girly, even though its a boy, I dress him girly. If the doll is masculine, I dress them as such. I also have a few victorian styled dolls.

5. I am not really sure yet as I have only had her about 3 weeks. So far she only has clothes that I am knitting for her. I plan on at least 4 dolls so I can hopefully have ones that like different styles, giving me the chance to design lots of different types of clothing, but they seem to develop characters of their own so it depends on what they seem to like. I would love to design some Regency Era clothing and some very frilly little girl stuff!

6. All my dolls are mostly dressed up as Fairies or Princesses of all kind. But I also have a few that's dressed up in other outfits. Like Iplehouse Mari in the Assassin outfit, and Smart doll Ebony Futaba in Shorts and bikini. But for me doll is art, so a beautiful detailed outfit, especially dresses, makes for a fine piece of art to display in my cabinets.

7. I want to dress my dolls up in lots of fancy refined clothing, the kind of stuff I can't wear myself! I've found a company that makes lots of gorgeous outfits I want to dress my dolls in, so I can't wait to get started...

8. Each of my dolls have their own fashion style, I don't really know how to explain what I dress them in.

9. The clothing styles of my dolls depends on the head sculpt. If the head sculpt is child like I dress the doll in Lolita style dresses, with mature head sculpts the dolls are usually dressed in Victorian outfits or 1930's to 1950's Chanel

10. I haven't seen any threads on this topic yet so I thought why the heck not, why not open the floor as an easy way to help me boost my points to future MarketPlace participation! (Really in need of some of out of print clothes and wigs coincidentally, well that and I'd like to start collecting tinies now that I have my main "big" BJD)

So discuss: What kind of fashion do you usually dress your dolls in and why? What's your least favorite type of fashion that you don't like seeing on BJDs?

I'll start! My absolute favorite and really only fashions I'm gonna put my doll(ies) is Lolita/Victorian Era and Fairy-Kei Pastel Vomit type clothes. Basically as long as its frilly, froofy, OTT Kawaii girly and childish I'm probably gonna fall in love with it and proceed to lavish my girl (s) in them! I have yet to get any Boy dolls though so I have no idea what I'd do for them fashion wise if I ever do... Most likely any boy dolls I get would be little boys (due to why I'm even in this hobby, to help accentuate my cuteness appeal to men) So for them I'd probably just put them in boy-type clothes of the Victorian/Edwardian style, or maybe the cute boy equivalent of Lolita which is Kodona.

I love those big hunks of manly bishie sculpts as much as the next fujoshi and straight girl but I'm not sure if I'll ever be getting one due to why I even got into this hobby.... They're super to look at but probably not for my collection, however if I ever DID someday attempt to own one of those Resin hunks I would of course dress them in the most debonair and suave clothing that would make any girl swoon! <3 Also would probably dress them as hardcore metal rockers cause those are the types of guys I tend to go for!

As for my least favorite style, sorry to say and no offense to her in anyway as I admire her in all her other types of work, but honestly? The kind of casual, "fashion chic" style Andreja popularized that you see a lot of MNFs in these days. Nothing against the style personally just is a bit too "fashion-doll" like for my taste, reminds me of Barbie, I don't know I guess I just feel BJDs should be dressed in more unique clothing or clothing that fits the aesthetic they were intended for? (Old styled, timeless childish Victorian Bisque dolls or uber-Japan type kawaiiness)

That's just my two cents, then again I've never been a Western Fashion Doll/Barbie type person, those types are just too mature and plain for my taste but to each their own!

Would love to hear others opinions on clothing styles for their dollies as well, feel free to chime in!

11. I love a mix of styles and as most my dolls are base on either my OCs/RP characters or things from comics and such styles vary doll to doll. My fave styles are Gothic and Steampunk. I don;t really hate any style of clothing I just have styles I wouldn't use on my dolls. I guess if I had to pick a least fav it'd would be Loli, it's cute and all just not for me, I like a clear line between grown ups and kids.

Also not to nit pick here but you should have in the poll Victorian as it's own thing or a Victorian/Historical, Something separate from lolita, kodoma, and ouji. As not all Victorian dress is interchangeable with those styles. I have a handful of grown male dolls, some that are how did you put it? "Big hunks of manly" dressed in nice Victorian style, some of them blind steampunk or Gothic, but very much still Victorian dressed. Also as a case for that, my Boyfriend owns a Iplehouse EID bid bust Luna named Red and she only wears Sexy Victorian and Steampunk style dresses and corsets. Just my two cents as you asked for other's opinions.

Really one of the things I like about this hobby is no two people have the same tastes 100% and everyone's style differ. I love the rainbow of the scope of these differences. I might never own a Loli girl, but I can find someone else's super cute. And my Super goth super nerdy vampire boy might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he doesn't have to be I luf him all the same.

12. Depends on the sculpt when I’m deciding how to dress my dolls, my volks f-07 looks better in Kawaii lolita type clothing, and my dollfie dream hdd-05 has a more mature faceup so she dresses in casual girly clothes.

13. For me it's all about the character I'm shelling! I only have one doll right now and I try to dress her in mori style clothing. My next doll I plan on getting is going to have a goth or cyberpunk wardrobe. I shell my ocs so a lot of their styles are pre determined before I get the doll

14. When dresses causual it is something in the range of sporty...maybe a little bit Mori or cuteish

Most of my characters will end up with asian clothes (mostly japanese and chinese) with a touch Fantasy

15. My dolls dress in East Asian traditional (blend of Chinese and Japanese elements), although the girl has splashes of fantasy blended in due to her character. It really depends on what you're going for, and if you have a story/setting for them.

16. It sort of changed for me. I loved the Mori style and then Nu-goth, and some Pastel Goth, but then when I got my BJD I was like I wanted something different. I sort of have a story setting for her, so I decided to change it to the traditional Japanese folklore Yokai elements.

Maybe my other BJD I will go into the whole New Age Japanese style.

17. I like "chic casual" rather than just "casual", and sometimes fancy Lolita style.The clothes I like best would be clothes from Korean doll company Musedoll.

18. I have a lot of variety over here.

Quite a few of my crew are in traditional Japanese, Chinese, Korean or Indian outfits. Some are in modern dress; business suits or dressy-casual for the most part. There are a few Victorians and Edwardians, as well as one 18th century Dandy... Daisy is in Lolita. Ming is in Mori. Sjhan is in ancient Near Eastern traveler's robes. Kestrel's wearing a skin-tight black leather cat-suit. Autumn and Summer are dressed like 14th century European country-folk. Mara's in a slinky black velvet dress that would make Morticia Addams jealous. Foxfire looks like a vintage hippy. Maddie is in calico with a white apron, like a pint-sized extra from Oklahoma! or The Grapes of Wrath. Her grown-up counterpart, Madison, is currently barefoot and in a gingham sun-dress and straw hat. The Monkey King is in very stylized, Chinese Opera-esque armor. Karru is dressed like a Catholic priest. Islyn and Addy are dressed like 7th Sea tabletop RPG characters. (Think: Wouldn't look out of place on the set of an Errol Flynn pirate movie-)... and a few of my little "creatures" are actually sitting around absolutely starkers, wearing nothing but cheeky grins. Dakwa the mermaid is likewise convinced that her string of pearls absolutely counts as clothes. :lol:

I dress my crew based either on what I think suits the look of the doll best... or what fits the particular character that the doll is meant to be an avatar for. (Many of my crew are resin avatars for favorite tabletop RPG or roleplayed MMO characters, others aren't really "character dolls" at all-) I've been at this for quite awhile now, so their outfits have come from pretty much everywhere.

#198 Brightfires, Sep 29, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    19. I chose "Other" because I don't class Victorian as the same as Lolita (and I don't know what the other's listed in that group are).

The majority of my SD size dolls are Victorian/Edwardian children (a couple are 1920's/30's), so are some of my MSD size ones - the others are mostly middle-of-the-road-modern. The same sort of spluit between Victorian and modern goes through the smaller sizes except the really teenie-tinies who don't really have a set style.

I have to make a lot of the historical style stuff because it's hard to find commercially made stuff that is right (skirts ae too short, sleeves are the wrong styles, everything is covered in ruffles and synthetic lace... {shudder!}), which is a pain and it's nar impossible finding boy stuff that is the right style. Commissioning is expensive, and can have disappointing results, but I prefer sewign girls clotes so seldom get aroudn to sewing for my boys.

Teddy

20. I'm choosing clothes to match the character.