1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your dolls clothing style?

Jul 17, 2015

?
  1. Andreja fashionable casual "fashion doll" style

20.3%
  2. Sporty

6.8%
  3. Grunge/Punk

16.9%
  4. Heavy Metal

4.7%
  5. Goth

15.5%
  6. Pastel Fairy-Kei

18.2%
  7. Mori

26.4%
  8. Lolita/Kodoma/Ouji/Victorian style Clothing

38.5%
  9. Other

52.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. A commoner in a fantasy-medievalish world.

2. Some of my dolls wear steampunk-victorian outfits, others wear kimono, casual or post-apo outfits.

3. I have finally learned to sew for mine after dreaded fear of even trying but I have succeeded quite well I feel (thanks to trying to copy a corset by Bibarina for myself I was able to figure out how to do it!). I have fallen into this baroque style. I really love XVIII and XIX century clothes. I want to do maybe more contemporary dresses for them but I prefer them to be hyper feminine and more old fashioned. I also love making lingerie looking pieces and it's actually what I prefer to dress them in when they are just in the display =)

4. I want each of my dolls styles to range, so one would be fairy kei, the other grungy.. and so on.

5. military,military, i am a big fan of military style.:love

6. Whatever comes to hand. I really have a ton of *plans* for clothing styles, but I never seem to get around to actually making clothes.
      So some of my dolls are just dressed so they won't be naked. "Something that covers their bits" is probably the best description I can come up with. :XD:

7. I have kind of artsy and casual clothing for Sophie. I have some other things coming for her.

8. My doll is usually dressed as a cute look or a gorgeous court style.

9. My current image in mind is still a typical japanese clothes lover

But I'm trying to add a hint of chinese traditional style into her (koi tattoo on the face)

10. I have a variet, but on the whole my dolls have been leaning towards mori and larme kei!

11. The doll I am gonna get any day now is a small child and I want his style to be primarily cutesy stuff, fairy kei, lolita, and play clothes.

12. it really depends on the doll but i have a demon/angel aesthetic going on at the moment with my oc resins

13. my dolls have always been fantasy

14. for Chi (my pfp) i like to take bits from harajuku fashion and general korean and japanese fashion! I think i stick to that because its my personal favourite but i also love fairy and gothic styles!

15. Now that I have other dolls, they dress somewhat bohemian and artsy, except I have one that is currently liking to dress like a cowgirl...

My cowgirl Daisy.....this is her style!
      [​IMG]DSCN0265 by Bibi Arreola, on Flickr

#275 txchiclady, Jul 24, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2019
    16. I selected goth, Lolita, and other from the poll.

Lorina and Mariana wear pink Sweet Lolita style outfits from Volks for a princessy look. Ilari's the goth-looking guy dressed in all black with big black boots. Little Ilari is kinda preppy/business casual, excusing the dog collar. Button up shirt, khakis and a sweater vest.

They're all from the same fantasy-setting story but Emie probably looks the most like it, wearing a black cloak over rags.

17. Most of my girl dolls like slightly modern style pink girly dresses. A few of my girl dolls are more realistic grunge with heavy tattoos and piercings. Lastly my boys tend to be very modern with tattoos, stylish modern hairstyles, and often suits or nice jeans.

18. My dolls’ styles vary, but they’re usually variations on modern/casual/trendy clothes:
      • Leila (Oasisdoll Natalie): very femme, usually dresses and high heels. Fashionable.
      • Jit (Migidoll Jina): inspired by festival fashion, wears lots of bright colors and tends to be casual.
      • Gwen (Oasisdoll Natalie 2): she’s a tomboy, so she’s more comfortable in shorts and flannels. Sometimes wears menswear.
      • Holden (Migidoll Han): he’s usually very put together, inspired mostly by men’s vintage suits and slim, fashionable cuts.

19. I do have some kimono and yukata sets.
      I do have some Chinese/fantasy sets.
      I do have some Heian sets.
      I did have A 24-piece goth lolita outfit.

But mostly? My dolls dress like me. Jeans and whatever comfortable tops, tees and longsleeve shirts over. More sneakers/sport shoes than anything else. Some boots, though, because I have them and they fit and really help when the pants legs don't quite make it to the ankle.

I guess it boils down to aging hippie/utilitarian casual?

20. I love to have my dolls in opposing styles based on couples, like one pastel and one gothic ... it just looks so cute to me lol
      I lean a lot towards Ouji/Lolita styles, but its often really difficult to find exactly what I want, so they end up in more casual looks