1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your dolls clothing style?

Jul 17, 2015

?
  1. Andreja fashionable casual "fashion doll" style

20.3%
  2. Sporty

6.8%
  3. Grunge/Punk

16.9%
  4. Heavy Metal

4.7%
  5. Goth

15.5%
  6. Pastel Fairy-Kei

18.2%
  7. Mori

26.4%
  8. Lolita/Kodoma/Ouji/Victorian style Clothing

38.5%
  9. Other

52.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. It varies a lot over here, depending on the individual doll. I have guys in everything from ancient Near Eastern traveler's robes, to Japanese hakama, to "fantasy" (ie: Not the least bit historically accurate-) 18th Century dandy-wear to modern jeans and hiking boots. One of my girls is in sweet Lolita. Another is dressed like a business-woman in a very sharp pin-striped suit. Still a third one is wearing a skin-tight black leather catsuit and ninja mask.

My crew are a pretty fashion-diverse crowd, in spite of my having a certain reputation for keeping "boring weeaboo brats who all look alike". :lol:

2. It depends, my dolls are mostly in causal wear. (t-shirts, plain shirt, pants/jeans) but 'dressy' is usually victorian inspired.

3. My doll's probably gonna wear girly clothes. You know, frills and pink, Hello Kitty, Sailor Moon, something that looks like something a kid would wear. Maybe some Lolita clothes, and kimonos and stuff. I think it's kinna mixed. XS

4. My boys have different styles. 3 are regularly casual dudes, 1 is kinda girly, and 1 is kinda punk ;)

5. I adore casual and formal clothes for my dolls, also I like japanese clothes :)

6. At the moment all of my girls are dressed in crop tops, layered mini skirts or long sleeveless mid calf length dresses made out of a repurposed purple printed cotton sheet from India. They're wearing beaded necklaces and bracelets. I'm not sure what that makes them. Free spirits maybe?

7. Does "my mom dresses me funny" count as a style? Because that's probably the best it can be described... My only human doll so far has some ballet slippers with beads, mesh tutu-looking skirt and a tank top with lace which doesn't exactly fit her... But hey, it's better than sitting naked in a box, right? :XD:

8. It is really difficult for me to know because i am still figuring out my doll whether she is a modern day character of the 21st century or perhaps futuristic princess or something, Im leaning towards the futuristic style because it's more fun to dress her in that way XD

9. My dolls wear a mix of casual, lolita, EGA for a couple of the lads, and fantasy type costumes. I'm currently trying to work up a shrine maiden outfit w/ a futuristic twist but that will probably have to be commissioned.

10. I'm 100% sure I answered this question before but it seems my post was deleted. Mods?

My dolls' styles vary a lot, from punk to fairy-kei.

11. Girly Girl Ruffles and the like all the way. ( I have three sons so this must be my way of dressing my little girls )

12. Hmm anything tbh.. It rlly depends on the doll. I like dresses a lot :) can be lolita but a simple white dress is cool too. Ive got q childlike doll so :)

13. Most of my SD's (and their younger sibling DT7s/DT5/MSDs) look like escapees from an E. Nesbitt book - Victorian/Edwardian children, with a couple from the late 1920s/early 1930's.

Most of them have dress-up-clothes/coistumes form various other periods (Medieval/Tudor-bethan/Gerogian/Regency etc.) as well as their elf outfits for the elves and half-elves among them.

The Slim minis are more modern (but not fashion-victim) teens/early20's with one tending towards hippy/boho style. The Chibi's and similar sized dolls are younger versions of the same.

One DollsTown 7Year is a modern little girl.

I have one Goth SD size girl, but she's a cousin of the Victorian family whose style tends towards a Goth version of the Victorian styles.

The Pukis and Banjis tend toward modern children's styles, although the Banji's have some more old-fashioned outfits too.

Teddy

14. omg, [MENTION=7419]Teddy[/MENTION], that's a variety! I love the 1920s/30s too <3
      Atm I'm just spending whole days on sewing, also for my newly acquired bjd, and so I'm just finding her style - it's a matter of imrovising. I'll probably end up having an all-in-dark cute YoSD girl though xD Anyway, I like black and other cold colours: purple, royal and dark blue, grey etc. But recently also pink.
      With lots of bows, ribbons, beads etc. I like to keep it all simple but elegant; I hate things that are too casual, so no hoodies or cargos ;) On the other hand, I don't like when things are filled with too much of ornaments and lace etc.
      I draw inspiration from the glam 70s, from the Old Hollywood etc.
      In general, I try to sew clothes that could have been worn by regular people ;)

15. Sadly, I'm not actually very fond of many of the 20's/30's styles, but I am fond of the Swallows and Amazons books by Arthur Ransome and somehow wended up with my dolls representing two of the characters from the series, so have had to go with it. At least I'm more fond of the children's styles than the adult ones.

Teddy

16. [MENTION=7419]Teddy[/MENTION] tbh, I'm ususally inpired by the films rather than by the books, but i see the S&A having been adapted into a movie;) The clothes they had look cute too;) classic, elegant and simple - no wonder you like them;)

17. almost casual, if some days i feel bored, they will wear harajuku things (what they never like)
      old fashioned parent though *cough

18. My one and only BJD lives a comfortable life as a college student/college graduate in our present day. She has a thing for dressy-casual clothing, girlish outfits and formal wear (very colorful, I might add). Her significant other wears casual and sporty clothing and has a hard time buying anything that's not within a gray color scheme.

In another story for another set of dolls I don't own, they're set in the gilded age of America, so they wear late 19th century clothing.

19. My two male SD's are dressed in Japanese Kimono/Hakama dress, and my DD will most likely get a Kimono to match the guys. My incoming msd will be the odd one out and dress in a funky Mad Hatter style. My tinies are all dressed casual -mostly what fits, lol. So far, no one has shoes.....

20. Don't you love the kimonos. Me too.
      Do you have photos of them in dress?