1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your dolls clothing style?

Jul 17, 2015

?
  1. Andreja fashionable casual "fashion doll" style

20.3%
  2. Sporty

6.8%
  3. Grunge/Punk

16.9%
  4. Heavy Metal

4.7%
  5. Goth

15.5%
  6. Pastel Fairy-Kei

18.2%
  7. Mori

26.4%
  8. Lolita/Kodoma/Ouji/Victorian style Clothing

38.5%
  9. Other

52.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I specifically got my first doll intending for her to be able to wear a variety of fashions!! The first few dresses I bought were cute fancy lolita dresses, kimonos, and some casual wear, though.

2. Calimelo, have you considered maybe asking someone to make shorts for you? Or maybe working with someone to find just the right look for her? Sometimes it's dressing the prima donnas that can be so much fun, I think!

My Concordia (my ResinSoul Mei) is one of the last Vestal Virgins, so of course her clothing's kind of already chosen for her, and so is her hairstyle. Right now, I need to learn more about styling wigs before I try to reproduce the Vestal hairstyle. I don't want to ruin my one wig that fits her.

I have so many plans for my dollies, but first..I need to learn to sew. Plus I really am interested in Han-fu, and in the Heian era Japanese layered kimono, hakama and Chinese Jacket look from the "Genji Monogatori".

3. My dolls are going to be tribal inspired with the first being Haida. I have been researching everything I can find in order to get it right. .One day I'll take the plunge and actually begin working on her.

4. They all wear sort of a gothic 19th century inspired style. I've loosely coloured-coded the girls according to their personalities, while the boys are pretty much all in black and white.

5. My girl steals/borrowers from my EAH and MH because she is so small.

And as a borrower it fits haha

6. It varies from doll to doll, but mostly, they're dressed like modern human beings. Mostly casual, though a couple are influenced by hip hop culture, one grunge, one pop punk, one Mori/vintage, and one boy who is more into fashion and does not believe in gendered clothing.

7. My one accidently ended up being all pastels lol she likes it, and it's working for her.

8. Well, I want my first doll to be a really cute boy using pastel goth and fairy kei clothing <3 Those are two clothing styles I really like xD

9. Well 2 of my dolls are going to have a Victorian lacy/modern look to them they belong in the same story
      Then My other two will be street casual clothes that are cute

10. What is fairy kei? I've only heard of visual key, in regards to Malice Mizer.

11. It's like visual kei, except everything is pastel colored.

Anyways, I prefer what I like to wear. I like embroidery, indian, ethic style, boho, mori (not too extreme).

12. My doll's style is a relaxed version of fairy kei at the moment. She needs more pastel accessories to fit the part.

13. All of my dolls' styles are relaxed, casual, and probably borrowed from another doll. I do want to make a more formal and stylized outfit for one to wear when she's in her demon form, but that's a project for summer.

14. My bbies have clothing quirks, it's one of my favorite things to do with characters and dolls. Arwen hates clothes, it was a battle to keep them on her, so now she's only wears them when I take her out, otherwise she sits naked on my dresser. Oliver isn't here yet, but he only wears modern clothes in shades of pink and likes to show off his skin, Kishen's only a head right now, but he only wears shades of red with gold accents, loves leggings and tunics, or those ponchos.
      All my planned dolls have clothing quirks, like Vitani only wears white dresses with pink accents and Luken prefers punk style clothes in black and white. I love color-coordinated clothing styles.

15. I tend to start out with a distinct style in mind for each of them, and then they all fall slowly into my not-very-good sewing skills and end up looking similar. But sometimes they manage an outfit consistent with their personal taste. :sweat All of mine are modern styles, but one is a mix of casual and k-pop, one is lazy hobo, one is Japanese elementary schooler, and a few are more Korean preppy. And now that I have twins, I'm working in more couple/matchy outfits. :)

16. It depends on the character
      I love goth and fantasy the most

17. Mine are all Weird Goths, which is relatively easy to outfit - but the hardest to outfit is by far my cybergoth boy, Lexi - he's soooo haaard to find things for! The trend right now is Pastel Everything, so all them neon goodies have shunted right out. Very tricky!

18. It depends once I decide on the doll. Right now i'm thinking otome kei, but earlier I was leaning more towards rococo. It will most likely be a mix between a lot of different styles that involve lace and frills. :XD:

19. Otome kei? What is this, please?

20. It looks like Japanese Lolita crossed over with 1950s American fashion. That's the best I can describe as it is kind of difficult to understand without visual aid. Search it up on google.