1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your dolls clothing style?

Jul 17, 2015

?
  1. Andreja fashionable casual "fashion doll" style

20.3%
  2. Sporty

6.8%
  3. Grunge/Punk

16.9%
  4. Heavy Metal

4.7%
  5. Goth

15.5%
  6. Pastel Fairy-Kei

18.2%
  7. Mori

26.4%
  8. Lolita/Kodoma/Ouji/Victorian style Clothing

38.5%
  9. Other

52.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I love it!
      Otome kei! And modest outfits for a cute look :)

2. I'm still having trouble figuring out my doll's style. He looks kinda like a little trouble maker, overly curious, and child-like to me. But I still don't know what this should mean for his style.

3. Faerie or forest nymph type dresses. Her color theme is pink and white and I plan to wrap crossed ribbons around her ankles and legs once I get her dress made. Sometimes however I want to dress her out of character just to give me some variety and I love changing doll clothes :)

4. Do you have a pic?

5. I'm weak to girly clothes with all those frills and ribbons and I also like classic lolita style.
      If I have to think of one company whom I really adore their outfit, it would be Bluefairy! I wish I could buy their outfit one day.

6. Not on me at the moment. The are all on my camera right now. I can post one later today probably, If you want?

7. I really like a casual style for my dolls. I don't own any BJDs yet, but my Blythes, Dals and Isuls usually wear t-shirts and jumpers with shorts, pants or overalls. My Blythes are little girls in my mind, so I dress them in cute casual dresses as well.

8. @Twinklepistol It might be either tomorrow or maybe in a few hours before I can show my pictures. My computer doesn't want to cooperate right now.

9. I suppose it could be described as gothy/punky. She wears all black. Tights, skater skirt, blouse and a pair of big hefty punk boots with studs and straps. I do love some of the very pretty dresses, especially the black ones, and I might change her style accordingly.

10. My dolls' clothes are modern/casual and each of their styles are different. I love switching up their looks from time to time, too. I want a doll with a mystical fairy type style at same point.

11. I've got a varied crew in the making, and all of them are going to have their own unique aesthetics. I'll probably be designing their universe related attire (since they'll be characters from a fantasy/steam-punkish kind of story) once I get concepts for it better developed. So far, only one's really finished, but I already have an idea of who's going to be into what:

Tahmos: sleeveless shirts, anything that's daring, expressive, and fluid. It ties heavily into his culturally background in general, and by nature he's got a care-free, sometimes sassy attitude. He's also a bit of a flirt, and likes to wear revealing stuff when the moment calls for it (he'd even be comfortable in next to nothing if he could, lol!)
      Aqqen: is more reserved and laid back. He'll be okay with wearing stuff that reveals skin, but doesn't particularly like things that are loud or overly revealing. Practicality plays more in favor to his aesthetics, considering his background (he lost his parents young, and took on the responsibility of taking care of his sister for a few years after their deaths).
      Razetti: Aqqen's little sister, and a confident tomboy. She feels weird in things that accentuate her obviously feminine figure, and is much more comfortable in loose-fitting, more boyish attire. Although, with the right amount of convincing, she could be talked into a simple dress or shirt and skirt.
      Nira: loves to wear revealing attire, especially things that sparkle and accentuate her figure. She is especially drawn towards darker, muted shades like black, dark blues and purples, but if it works with something she really likes, she'll wear other colors. She especially likes wearing flowy skirts and revealing tops, and I plan to experiment making a beaded top for her out of smaller seed beads when I get the chance.
      Valon: is going to be drawn more towards gothic-esque, leathery attire. He's my more androgynous guy with a jerk with a heart of gold demeanor. Long lace-up boots, sleeveless leather jack/shirts, and slim-fitting black pants. He will wear other colors if they don't clash with his aesthetic, but he can't stand to wear anything that will hinder his movements in case he gets caught up in a fight or when he needs to be especially maneuverable.
      Zelle: Practical but pretty. She doesn't want to come off being mistaken for a boy, as when she grew up on the streets she was often mistaken as such because of the small selection of attire available to her. She also doesn't want to be perceived as an object, but rather as somebody to be respected, so she tends to dress in something more demanding of authority or respect. Her color palette ranges in more fierce colors, especially reds and oranges.
      Mundei: being a fairly muscular fellow, he likes to show off his figure and is not afraid to go around in shirtless attire. Being from a fairly fluid society, he won't limit himself to attire that socially reserved or restrictive. Although he particularly likes to wear just a comfortable pair of slacks/knee-length trousers and arm-bands only, he will comfortably adjust to something more formal, although he prefers sleeveless shirts to those with sleeves. He also likes his attire to be made up of friendly shades, especially medium to lighter shades of blue, green, purple, as well as some neutrals. He mainly wants be comfortable and show off that laid-back, friendly, brotherly attitude of his in whatever he wears.

Although most of these are still in the works (I still have to order Mundei), I've got most of the physical parts for these guys and gals. An order I put in with Impldoll involves who am shelling as Zelle, and the rest, for the most part, just require some time to get around to developing fully. Once I get settled into my new place and the hectic school schedule, I'll be working on them!

(lol, what a wordy post!:mwahaha. And, yeah---this doesn't even include the Legend of Korra characters I planning :XD:)

12. I don't seem to have a style for my dolls at the moment!
      They seem to just wear whatever I make them.
      So far they have a range of casual, kinda bo-ho/hippy, Gothic kinda skater, Victorian and cosplay! hahaha
      Sooo, I would say they don't have one particular at the moment. Maybe in the future they will when I have more :3

13. Ingrid wears casual clothes. Lots of bright colors and unique patterns. Right now she is wearing an oversized sweater (that honestly looks more like some kind of fantasy robe) and a skirt (I need to make her some leggings because part of her backstory is that her blood runs cold in a literal way). I plan on making her more clothes in the near future.

14. I'm planning to do a kawaii style :D

15. Ooooo!! I'll do this~

Quinlan: casual, bright colors. Will usually have some sort of animal print or picture on their shirt.
      Ciaran: dark, neutral colors. Prefers to wear boots for some odd reason.
      Lewis: mix and matches a lot. Like to have fun with his clothing, will always change wigs. Has a cute/"feminine" style overall.

:thumbup

16. well, all my girls are in ancient costumes. I used to buy Rococo style dress and Janpanese kimono for them, now I make Chinese ancient dress myself.

17. Mine are going to have a sort of mixed street style look, mixed with kind of punk subculture looks with a kind of post apocalyptic feel~

18. I'm pretty much always medieval/fantasy with a modern approach. I just like pretty fun fantasy outfits. Also all my dolls fit basically a woodland forest/dark forest theme so yeah.

19. My dolls are idol like maid like style plus some lolita casual

20. "Prometheus": She spent years with no social life in med school, and still dresses like a college student (when she isn't in surgery). Lots of ratty spiritwear and meme and band t-shirts.

"Eurydice":
      This character's style is defined by the contrast between the clothes that she is expected to wear (very traditionally-girly and Romantic Period inspired because the clothes and hair from this period are stupid and I hate it) and those which she would prefer to wear (very practical biker/goth inspired: the clean modern lines contrast the ruffles of her uniform).

"Kore":
      Her style is 1920s evening wear. She is overdressed everywhere she goes, and her clothes are very revealing, but not in a sexy way--she's a very scary woman.

"Orpheus":
      Her clothes are very work-driven and inspired by the Dust Bowl (flour sack prints) and early men's workwear.

"Dolos":
      He was raised in a science lab and brings it everywhere he goes. He wears a uniform and has no other clothes.

"Hermes":
      His style is very urban and minimalist, but very dressy: lots of monochrome tuxedos.

"Hades":
      He dresses like someone with too much money and no fashion sense. His clothing appears very old-fashioned, but very casual: smoking jackets, mixing prints, lots of velvet and brocade.

"Charon":
      His style is lagenlook (both from Europe and the drapey patterns of Hisako Sato) mixed with some men's styles from early Japan (it has a similar natural and drapey style).

Juliet:
      Her style is Pre-Raphaelite (which is a Victorian reinterpretation of the Renaissance) mixed with the Florentine Renaissance.

"Pip":
      She dresses like a thirteen year old, which is to say that she wears whatever you don't want her to at the moment. Right now she thinks wearing a shirt with the name of a French town she's never been to is cool. Her only pants are leggings and jeans.

Mystery Doll:
      Her style is high school athletic wear, but with a futuristic twist. Lots of yoga pants/running jackets with armor-like additions.

Impldoll Nicholas:
      His style is nerdy-preppy--lots of argyle and pastels with big prints.