1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite kind of stand?

Sep 21, 2004

1. Hmm.. Nope. Dolls sit really well.. So I just have mine sitting on a shelf when I do not play with them. Id probably consider getting stands if perhaps they were going to be displayed at a show or something.. But other then that, no, I dont really see any point in getting a stand.

2. So far I keep my boys sitting or laying down when not doing something with them. I don't really have a good place to display them at present though (if I stood them on top of the tv cabinet I know I'd come back to find them under attack by the D&D minis). I've thought about getting a stand to help Tanal during photoshoots (especially now that he's got loose pants), but he's such a brat I'd be afraid to leave him on a stand when not there.

3. Im currently looking for a couple of stands for my BJD's.
      I use them for my pullips and teayangs but havent gotten around to getting larger ones for my BJD dolls yet. Maybe if id gotten one sooner I wouldnt have knocked over Xander and had him faceplant the bookshelf, no damage this time I was lucky, since then they are SITTING on my dresser, I wont have him standing up again without any support.

4. After seeing my Dollshe Saint take an unexpected tumble and break a finger, my dolls use stands or lie in their boxes safe and sound.

I'm not a big fan of Volks stands, I own one and I am not too happy with it. On the other hand I just got a stand from Cool-cat and I think it's the best stand I have seen. It's a solid base of thick plexiglass and a strong center post that won't pivot around like the Volks. It's sturdy and great looking, it's only drawback is that it's expensive.

http://us.sk-coolcat.com/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Category=185699&Part=acc01

5. Thanks for suggesting the doll stand from Cool-cat! I got a 'saddle' stand from Dollmore and it works great for my B&G girls, but for some reason my Iple girl just hates it. Maybe one of the 'saddle' stands from Cool-cat will work better. I can't display my Harin in her fullset gown because the stand I have has a wide 'saddle' and as a result my doll can't get positioned on it right and she just ends up getting floppy and never looks like she is standing naturally. And the part that supports the lower belly of my doll can be seen when wearing the gown. the Cool-cat stands looks like it would be a lot more discreet under the draping fabric of the gown.

6. My dolls sit on a shelf or on dolly furniture when not being played with. Stands are lovely things, and I think they are great, but I personally do not have the headroom available on my shelf to stand any doll taller than 40cm...and wouldn't risk it, do not want to risk 1.5 kilos of resin (one 60cm doll) falling upon one's head really...

7. i have two of my sd dolls sitting down on chairs and i have two of my sd boys standing up,yes i use stands,but because i carnt really afford to pay volks prices for their own stands i actually use kaiser doll stands,they are the metal ones used for porcelain dolls,if you can find the ones that are for the larger porcelain dolls(as they come in different sizes) then they will fit around the waist of a sd doll,upto the waist,(i usually find cheap ones in secondhand shops or on ebay)
      as kaiser stands are not very heavy weighted at the bottom i add thick cellotape and stick the base of it down to my dressing table,lots of tape around the bottom to stop it falling over,then for added saftey i use a hairband to secure the metal hooks around the waist of my doll,easy to do and easy to take off,then for even more added safety(as i do worry about knocks and my cat,etc etc,my dolls are dear to me but i love them to stand)i add a small amount of blue tac or eye putty to the undersole of their shoes/boots,to stop anymore wobbling that might occur,now they stand solid as a rock even if they did have a slight knock they would not fall :wiggle

8. I pretty much display my dolls sitting in random places in my workroom. I'd love to have them standing, but our floor is very shaky and my boys are very stompy and I'm too afraid they'd faceplant onto the floor from a long ways up. I don't trust stands, either!
      Argh! I suppose I could bolt them (the stands that is) to the shelf! XD

Raven

9. I use stands. I need to keep my dolls away from small hands, and the stands are one of the safest ways to display them on the high-up place I keep them. Until I get furniture for them to sit on, they will remain standing in their stands.

10. Mine pretty much stand well where ever I put them. If I felt they were at risk I would use a stand but so far feel I don't do any real crazy poses, would love to do a couple I have seen others do so might need to use a stand, but worry what stand would do to doll. Not like they make them soft plastic like those Gorilla Pods for Cameras. But working on a stand for certain pics.

11. I use stands for both of my 60 cm girls but my smaller dolls do okay on their own. My personal preference is for the saddle-type stands; I think I got mine from The Doll Peddlar site. I think it's worth it to invest in a good quality stand even though they can be a bit pricey. I've had cheaper ones, and they just don't measure up IMHO.

12. nope. all my dolls stand very well. and i wouldnt leave the room with them standing anyway....stand or no stand. im not paranoid. nope not me.

>.>
      <.<
      >.>

13. What is the key difference between the saddle and waist doll stands? Which one do you like better, and why?

14. The saddle stand supports them between the legs and can actually hold them up. The waist stand just keeps them from toppling over, relying on the doll's own standing ability. I prefer the saddle stand for my girls because it looks more discreet under their clothes when I have them on display.

15. I am with you on that on. I would not leave the room if I leave them on standing just in case something happen. Although I do have a stand (a waist grabbing one) but I not use it that much. Plus most of them time I took pic when they are on the floor. I am just too scare for them to fall. Just me being paranoid :sweat

16. nope, no stands

2/3 of my dolls are in boxes. The ones who are out are in the display case (which I made from tall bookshelves with glass door). All the SD13 are standing by the back support (so in a sense they are leaning against the back but you can hardly tell. All the Yo are just standing there on their own.)

17. I like my dolls to sit - especially on tiny furniture! It looks more informal, as though they are actually living with me, rather than being things on display.

However: I find that stands come in handy for displaying intricate costumes: You can better admire the details, and they are less likely to wrinkle on a standing doll (I hate ironing, especially tiny ironing). Also: costumes with stiffer material (like brocade or armor), don't adjust well to sitting positions. They tend to bend and wrinkle in awkward places...

18. I only use the stand when I'm displaying or need a standing pose for a picture. Otherwise, they take after me: lazy and don't like to stand up when they can sit down. :lol:

19. I have a saddle stand for my Elfdoll - it's got a heavy wood base and I really hate it. After I've adjusted it, tightened the screw the top portion will eventually slide and drop down - and the doll will fall. Is the pole suppose to have a screw hole? Or are you suppose to glue the sucker to the correct position. I purchased it at Dolls and Friends.
      All my girls are currently sitting but I eventually want them standing in their own case.

20. I don't but I've been eyeing the stands from Dollmore for awhile...I will look into other stands though....those are the same ones that were sold at Dolls and Friends I believe.