1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your FAVORITE thing to buy/make for your doll?

Sep 2, 2020

1. I love buying eyes the most. My dolls don't switch eyeballs nearly as often as they used to, but I love my tacklebox of loose eyeballs lol

2. I love purchasing things that are made for that particular doll, be it clothing, shoes or props. I don't like things that are even just slightly out of proportion. Finding cheap props in dollar stores is always a thrill.

3. I love to make new outfits! I mostly sew, but occasionally I'll knit a small piece, like a hat or scarf. Doll socks are way quicker to knit up than people socks, lol.

4. I like making accessories and props! They're a lot of fun.

5. buy clothes and try different style! love to photograph them with my friends.

6. I love love love buying doll eyes! I think I have about 15 doll eyes for my collection of 1 doll (more are on the way, but currently she monopolizes all of them.) And I love to just sit and look through my eye collection. It's also the thing I'm willing to spend the most money on, outside of the dolls themselves. I love urethane eyes and how realistic they look, and I enjoy supporting independent eye-makers on instagram or Etsy.

When it comes to making, I don't prefer anything... in fact I'm more the type to buy everything I can :sweat Although buying cute fabric, lace and tiny buttons, and trying to sew unique doll outfits can be fun, but I need help from my mom who has the skills to actually sew them.

7. I'm jumping on the eye buying bandwagon! I love eyes, and I'm willing to splurge on them even when I'm hesitant about anything else. As far as making, I'm just starting to descend into the crafty aspect of the hobby, but if it counts, I really enjoy crocheting little doll hats. Wee dolly heads just look cuter wearing little yarn beanies!

8. Buying: wigs! I love them, I don't know why! Thankfully, my dolls are of similar head size, so there are a lot of wigs they can share. I love shoes as well. I used to buy them clothing basics, but they have a whole lot of clothes now, so I stopped.

Crafting: knitted stuff! Also sewn clothes, especially dresses, though I am not very good at it. I will probably try shoe making and props making, as I have been a bit disappointed with the commercial options until now.

The things I have been the most disappointed with until now are props, for some reason. Some are fantastic, but some of them I regretted a lot. So I will probably hold off for now (and buy more wigs instead. XD)

#48 lyaam12, May 10, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    9. I love making wigs! I use yarn because it's easy to work with, comes in a variety of colors, and it's always so soft. There are so many hairstyles to experiment with I'm always trying something new!

Something I usually buy is eyes. I love looking through the all different colors and styles of eyes. I'd also like to buy shoes, because I have no idea how to make basic shoes.

10. I love buying wigs. They're a quick swap, but they make such a big difference! I haven't tried yet, but I'm going to make some props this time. I've gotten into making miniatures, so we'll see how that goes!

11. I love to buy props and such. I don't really look for them on etsy or anything, I just go to the thrift store and see what's there. When there's something with the right proportions, it's such a thrill! One time I found a tea set in 1:6 scale or so (though judging from how big I am versus my teacups and teapots it might actually be more of 1:4...) it's so wonderful, I love it.

For making, I love making clothes. I've been ripping through my yarn stash, clearing out balls of yarn that have been sitting around for years, in some cases, because now instead of making a kajillion 1:6 scale clothes with yarn too bulky for that size, I can do 1:4 and have the weight feel more appropriate. I sew a bit, too, but it's not my strong suit!

12. I love looking for furniture pieces, some of them are so detailed and beautiful. I'd love to learn how to make clothing patterns so I can make my own cool clothes; I really like looking for stylized clothes... particularly shirts with lantern sleeves, haha. Overall I think I'm just delighted by miniaturized versions of things we use regularly.

13. I love finding eyes for my doll, it completely changes the look. I am planning on buying molds and uv resin so I can start making custom eyes soon! Looking for props and dresses is also super fun!

14. I love crocheting for my bjd's also l love building dioramas as well. Finding props, clothing is a must too. I like the fact that this hobby helps with my depression and anxiety disorder.

15. I love designing and making clothes for my dolls. Clothes just bring the entire look of the doll together and really give the doll personality. I love going to the fabric store and looking at all the different fabrics, beads, and lace and creating outfits with what I find.

16. Clothes clothes clothes! I used to be more of a buyer, but I'm transitioning to more of a seamster and it's super fun! Kind of what got me back into the hobby after a sort of hiatus.

17. Wigs! I dunno why but i really like to see them in different looks and personalities.

18. Definitely making eyes, since there's so much you can experiment with in the gaze!
      Hoping to get into making clothes as soon as I have access to the tools too :')

19. My favorite thing is just shopping for clothes on Etsy. I don’t even buy that often, I just love looking at all the dolls dressed up. When I do buy, it’s fun getting hand made clothes from around the world. I treasure the little notes and packaging they sometimes come with. It’s the best feeling.

20. Sweaters! I’ve only made one completed and am working on number two, but I love watching my tangled or balled up yarn turn into something organized. Especially the variegated yarns. I use sock yarn so it’s a chunky weight for slim msd. It just feels so solid and “real” when it’s done, but still stretches and has the right feel to it.

For buying- I don’t buy much. Do friends count? Or wigs, since that’s what I’ve bought the most of.