1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your FAVORITE thing to buy/make for your doll?

Sep 2, 2020

1. Wigs. Different hairstyles have a great influence on appearance.

2. I love buying eyes and wigs and making eyes :)

3. I Love buying DRESSES! :D
      I made a lantern house before for a 1/8 for a friend of mine, which I very much enjoyed. I am going to do some for a doll show coming up. Going to try a 1/6 size lantern room. Wish me luck! ^^

4. I am guilty of buying wigs, Cloths, eyes, shoes for my dolls. More specifically, those limited outfits out there, I do not know why I got so excited if the cloths I love I can have it. My wallet, on other hands, want to go to supreme court and band me from it forever :blush

5. Does art count? Or is that 'of' rather than 'for? Either way, I've found that I really like making jewelry for my dolls. I've started taking whichever doll I'm working with to the craft store so I can see how the charms and such will look with them before buying and then spending a lot of time making little necklaces and bracelets.

6. Buying: I love buying furniture. I love going to the thrift store and finding good dolly sized finds. It's very satisfying.
      Making: Probably making clothes. I prefer making things with knit material, though. It's much more forgiving to me.

7. Lately I'm really into making jewelry for my dolls!! I'm just learning how and I'm finding it super fun ^__^

8. Clothes, I have so much fun looking around various shops online. Something about shopping for my BJDs makes it pretty relaxing. Maybe because I'll listen to music while browsing around. What I love the most is when the clothes come in and I see them in their plastic wrapping looking all nice and neat. Something about that, its just so nice.

9. I like making decorations and pictures

10. For both buying and making, definitely clothes! LOTS of them! Especially dresses, anything with lots of lace and ruffles and poofy skirts

I also really love to buy props, both small and large, and stuff that can be used for rooms for the dolls. I'm not very good at prop-making, so I end up having to thrift most of it, as large props always seem to be super pricey, but finding something unique at the secondhand shop that's just perfect for a doll is honestly the best feeling :)

11. I think my favorite thing to buy for my dolls are eyes :aheartbea

12. Props and eyes! I need to like buying shoes more lol!! But I just adore anything miniature in the correct scale for my dollies :aheartbea

13. Dresses and shoes! I love love love doll shoes, they are so cute :XD: Doll clothes and fashion is a way to express myself because I am too shy to express myself through my own clothes so I like to dress up through my dolls, does that make sense? :sweat

14. Wigs, I love making wigs. And I love drafting patterns for clothing!

15. I don't have my first BJD yet, but I feel like I'm going to be buying a LOT of wigs. I have tried my hand at making some doll clothing, and I think I could make some pretty cool clothes. I only get it perfect about 20% of the time, but when it turns out well, I am quite pleased with myself :3nodding:

16. I bought some things today for just this purpose. I see 30 years of jewelry making supplies in a whole new light!

17. For buying, definitely wigs. Even before, when I was just into fashion dolls, I had a ton of wigs for Sybarites and so on. When I got to BJDs, it opened up a whole new world of possibilities. Sometimes I will just spend hours playing with wigs on dolls. I love how a doll can be transformed just by changing their hairstyle!
      For making, jewelry, mostly because it takes me forever to sew and make wigs. I make jewelry for people as well, so it was a natural progression.

18. I love buying clothes and shoes for my dolls.

19. I love sewing, crocheting, and most of all knitting clothes for my dolls! I love being able to personalize things (different colored pockets, colorwork sweaters, embroidery on anything I make)

I love making furniture for my dolls, and when I have the space I'm definitely going to make rooms or houses for each of my different sized dolls and I'm so excited haha

As for buying - I enjoy buying wigs, eyes, and hair - I don't think I'm anywhere near talented enough to make any of those myself haha

20. I love shopping for doll sized things! I always look at Target, Walmart, Home Goods, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc. You never know what you'll find at those stores for dolls!