1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your FAVORITE thing to buy/make for your doll?

Sep 2, 2020

1. I really prefer to make things rather than buy unless it’s something really complex to make. I make my own wigs, eyes, clothes, accessories. I knit and crochet too. But I really want to start trying to make my own jewelry it seems really fun especially with all the kinds of pretty beads you can find.

2. Wigs! Wigs can really make or break your doll. I get crazy when I see good styled wigs and would buy it on the spot but its really disheartening when its not what you expected when you put it on your doll. But when it does, by that will will stay on for daysssss

3. I crochet, so I really love making hats and scarves! All my SD boys are currently in beanies and have been for quite some time now :XD:

4. My favorites are making wigs and tops!

I try to make clothes when I can, and it feels great when they're finally on the dolly, but boy it also feels great buying clothes someone else made hehe.

5. My favorite things to make are clothes! Doesn't matter what it is, I just love to sew things for them!

I love going out and buying little props and things for my dolls. The hunt is honestly the best part. I always hit up the Target Dollar Spot, craft stores, toy aisles, Dollar Tree and Five Below for tiny items that work well for MSD scale dolls. I've found so many cute quirky things for them this way.

6. My favorite thing to buy for my crew is Food !!!! Oh My God I am obsessed with food !!! :)

7. Apparently I love to buy corsets! I think I'm up to 5 or 6 now and have no plans of stopping anytime soon.

8. I absolutely love making wigs (and giving faceups) for my dolls. Though knit/crochet good is quickly matching up to frequency lately, especially blankets for my yosd's, every kid needs their own security blanket.

9. I love makeing props, love crafting, doing faceups and takeing photos of my dolls

10. I love to buy clothes and furniture designed specifically for my dolls. I love Etsy for this. I had a pair of jeans custom made for one of my 65cm boys and they fit like a glove. When something works so perfectly for a doll it makes the wait and the expense worth it. Finding mini props by chance is great too.

11. I love to do their face ups. I've only done two on bjds, but I just love it. I accidentally chipped the sealent on my boy's nose recently, but I'm not sad as it means I get to do his face up again! Just waiting for the weather to warm up now.

I really like buying eyes and clothes for my bjds.

12. I'm another eyeball fiend... I have way too many eyes. But they're just so SHINY...

13. I love buying glass eyes for my dolls! And I enjoy making doll horns a lot! Ram and unicorn horns :D
      Making wigs can be very satisfying too to slowly see it come along. :whee:

14. For buying, shoes. Doll shoes are entrancing- so tiny, but often so detailed.

For making, any garment where the construction is easy- be it very simple or just a pattern I already know fits perfectly -and I can make it up quickly and go nuts with the trim/decoration.

15. My favorite thing to buy would be wigs or eyes! but also, I love painting my dolls (I guess that's technically making something haha??).

16. My favorite things to make are clothes, but as far as buying goes it's gotta be props. They're way more fun than getting other things for me. I feel like shoes/wigs/eyes are way more "essential" so props are more of a fun photoshoot / display opportunity.

17. I LOVE buying wigs for my dolls. Beautiful, colorful alpaca ones from Milklegs are my favorites, but I’m sucker for any brightly colored natural fiber wig, really.

to me, they are absolutely defining to my dolls.

18. Favorite thing to buy: Wigs and full-set outfits. I love full-set outfits because sometimes it is not easy to find every piece you think of for an outfit one by one, in the right colors and right size for your dolls.
      Favorite thing to make: Hats. I make my dolls's hats. They have like 20... :blush

19. My favorite thing to make is jewelry. I like making clothing and such as well, but jewelry is simple and relaxing. My favorite thing to buy is probably various props. I love things that are in doll scale, it's so novel and cute.

20. for me the most beautiful things to buy are the wigs and shoes I love to change the style of wig, and the shoes I love how there are many different styles another thing I also love to buy eyes :D