1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your ideal number of dolls

May 25, 2019

1. I don't have a set number. For me, it's more about how many dolls I genuinely have the time to appreciate and do things for. Since my main interest for getting into BJDs was all the creative stuff around them (especially sewing), I get dolls based on whether they inspire me to make things for them. There's a lot of pretty dolls, but not that many that fuel inspiration for me, so I expect numbers to stay fairly low for me based on that (plus space/money/time concerns).

2. I ordered one doll thinking it would be the only one, but I already am looking and falling for other sculpts...I do hope not to reach double digits, but I guess I wouldn't be the first to say that and to break the limit anyway.

3. Honestly? Just one :blush. Buuut I tend to cycle through which sizes I like, so now that I have a YoSd and an MSD I will probably try for an SD, bringing me up to three resin babies. I'm okay with two though.

4. 25 or less, right now I have 8 :aheartbea I am going to finish it one day though!!!

5. Thinking of having more than around 10 in each of my size categories stresses me out. The largest dolls I collect are 15-17” but they seem huge to me, and the boxes take a lot of space. We’ll see how I feel when I get there...

6. I think the amount depends on my living space. Right now I’m collecting a lot of heads to save space. As for full dolls, I’m nearing my max. My shelves are almost full. Also—-if I have mostly small dolls I figure I can have more (they take up less space). Anyway, if I buy a house, I’ll feel better collecting more LOL

7. I think an even number, so that each doll has at least one photoshoot partner of a similar size/style... I'm trying to limit myself to 6 this year, as I have limited storage space. :sweat

8. It is interesting because I usually have a set number in my head, I rarely stick to it though! I have always said my ideal would be one, but there are just too many I like to stick to that. My number has changed depending on the size of the dolls mostly, and how overwhelmed I get when I have too many, after reading through this thread I have realized that there really is no magic number for me. I like the idea of not having a number, and just keep it to the amount I am not overwhelmed by.

9. Maybe 6. I have two with a third on layaway. I don’t really have a wishlist but there are dolls I’m interested in for a one day maybe purchase. I think I’d like two of each size that interests me so that they all have a companion. I’m not sure. Lol

10. i am quite happy with the 2 i have now but i think 4 at one time is my max. seeing so many beautiful dolls makes my wishlist much longer though, so, we’ll see :XD:

11. I think I'd be happy with one if it was my grail, but otherwise a few seems right. Whatever "a few" ends up being numerically idk :3nodding:

12. Dang, thinking right now I guess I dont want over like 10-12 dolls. If I had an overwhelming amount I wouldn't be able to pay attention to all of my dolls and half of them would just sit there collecting dust. I also tend to forget that things exist if I dont pay attention to them which would be an absolute waste, and I dont like wasting money on something I will never pay attention to. I also don't have plenty of space so...

13. I'm a bit of a variety doll collector and my collection sizes change based on my available space, fun money, current interests, etc. I also feel like if I were to collect a single size of BJD, my upper limit would change (for example, I could reasonably accommodate a bunch of YoSDs, but not as many MSDs or SDs). However, I think I wouldn't go for more than a dozen SDs total. I like having the time and energy to play with my dolls, and I know I won't get to if I go too much over that.

14. The biggest doll crew ive owned consisted of 7 dolls which I found to be reallyyy overwhelming. Ive sold 6 of those 7, and added 2 newer dolls. Now I can say Im contented with just having 3. If ever Id want a new doll, I made it a rule to sell one in my crew for it.

15. I don't want to overwhelm myself with too many dolls so I try to stick to the mentality of quantity over quality. I'm kind of impulsive so I often see pretty dolls and immediately think, Ooh, I want them! but I try to remember that I'd rather have a couple of dolls that I really, really love instead of a gigantic pile of dolls that look nice but I'm not very passionate about.
      I like a variety of different scales and I consider them all to be sort of separate from each other so I tend to count my collection by scale instead of an overall grand total. For the most part, I think I'm most comfortable sticking with no more than ten dolls per scale, but honestly, the less, the better.

16. BJDs: 9-21
      Dolls in General: My goal is 100 minimum, It's my dream to someday have a beautiful doll room like my great grandma did.

17. my ideal number is 20 with the maximum being 25, i like small dolls so i think the maximum number for big doll would be something around <5

18. I'll be happy with 5 once I receive my next doll. :) But I'd be open to going up to 7. I don't think I'd be able to appreciate them as much if I had dozens and dozens of them.

19. TBH, I don't have an ideal number. For me it would be how many I can get away with before my partner tells me no or until I run out of space for dolls.