1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your ideal number of dolls

May 25, 2019

1. I currently have 4 (with one body on the way to make 5). I don't think I would be comfortable with more than 10-11, they're all SDs and gosh, they're really big! And gorgeous, but big! And since I'm a perfectionist, I want to make sure they have the exact right eyes, wigs, faceups, and outfits, which is extraordinarily expensive... so yea. I'm at 5, but right now I'm going to say a maximum of 11 SDs.

2. I’m going to say that my limit is not a number per say but rather how many I can display. If I reach a point where I cannot have all my dolls out where I can see and enjoy them daily, then I feel I have too many. (I expect that will eventually result in a number around 10, but we will see)

3. Ha, how do you decide? I think somewhere around 20? Even though I’m over that already. :lol:
      I like the person on the previous page who said one more than I have though.

4. i've always preferred minis, which is dangerous because i feel like they can multiply so quickly. plus it feels like i have unlimited ideas for characters i want to make dolls of. i just got into the hobby and currently have one with one or the way, but i genuinely dream about one day having a house with a room completely full of beautiful customized minis displayed under bell jars, just a still, quiet room that's a testament to beauty. it's a little obsessive and creepy, but that's me when it comes to my hobbies, lol. who knows if i'll ever get there!!

5. Right now: as many as I can keep without freaking my boyfriend out (too much)

If for some reason our relationship doesn't work out or I find a great place to keep them: all the dolls

6. All. All the dolls.

7. I have 2 right now and think that's enough for my living arrangements now. But I do want more, I think maybe 7 in total?
      I only want ones to fill out the main cast of my story.

8. One more... The perfect answer is always one more

9. i have 5 dolls + 3 floating heads
      (and really full SD sofa, ha ha).

My limit is 20 SD dolls + 1 MSD,
      but I don’t know about place right now. :lol:

#229 Arengil, Jun 27, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    10. I have 33 BJD's right now, not including the pets or hing jointed dolls.

I am honestly really happy with my collection. I can't really see adding to it right now, maybe if I see a doll I really like or one I am curious about I might get it. I don't really want many more, as I am running out of places to keep them.

My room is fairly large, but I have over 300 dolls total, and shelf space is pretty packed! :XD:

11. I have 3. All ordered in the last 2 weeks. I have got to CHILL.

I want 3 more for this project. Then I want at least 4 more for a separate project. I think I'll probably stop around 15 but the sky's the limit. Now I just have to figure out how to sew XP

12. When I saw this thread come up in recent posts I had to go back and see what I'd said...and 2 years later, I have actually pretty much stuck to it. I now have 11 full SDs and one head awaiting a body, and am really, really feeling like I'm getting about done with buying dolls. Not only do I have enough dolls to do all the stuff I enjoy doing with dolls, but I've gotten so incredibly sick of the buying process lately. Much more fun to just play with the ones I have...

13. I really want to have at least one... now I´m saving up for her... but I guess my ideal number would be 3. I´ll definitely want to buy more, but I think I wouldn´t be able to pay them attention they deserve. Don´t you have that problem? I mean do you play with them all or do you have some favourites?

14. i don't have a set in stone limit but i can't really imagine having more then 10 SDs, i'm not really into msd sized dolls so the one i have now and possible one more so i don't even bother thinking of a number for them lol..... tinys though tinys are evil i want them ALL

15. i would say 4 would be my max for dolls around 35cm.. but i could definitely see myself going ham with tinys after that :lol:

16. I think, 15 is normal quantity, but...
      There are more and more dolls I like, every year, so there are much more in my house )))

17. I currently have 1 right now, and I'm already running out of space as I have a lot of stuff in general, so I'm not sure how many I could reasonably fit in here...

Originally I only really saw myself having maybe three dolls, to shell my three most favourite OCs, with a hard limit of like 5, but honestly it would be so nice to have the whole main cast of my OCs as dolls so I could take pictures of them altogether. That would bump up the total number to about 7 or 8, which is quite a lot to me.

If I did get that many, I would probably have one "permanent" outfit for each, and only do much outfit swapping and purchasing for one or two of them, else-wise I would just be drowning in dolly clothes!

18. I think for 1/4 BJDs, my ideal is probably about 7. Enough to have some variety but not so much they're taking over every room in my house. (1/6 dolls are a whole other story... I have quite the number of resin and vinyl fashion girlies! )

19. I would love to have my number a lot higher but I’m settling right around 30, give or take a couple. My displays for bjd are filled without being crowded and I’m slowing down on finding dolls I want. I have a couple I would sell if I found something I could not resist, I consider them upgrades, lol! I only have yosd and smaller so I can fit a lot in without making a big impact.

20. At the current time, I have room for the MSD-sized doll I ordered, the two YoSD-sized dolls I already own, and a few tinies, and that's IT. My apartment is at capacity--NO more dolls of any kind until I've sold off or donated a bunch of what I already have. I just have way too many off-topic dolls.