1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your ideal number of dolls

May 25, 2019

1. I thought 10 was my max but I am a little over that now even if I don't count the floating heads/body-shares.

I said I was "done" collecting after my iplehouse hid girl, but then I found some sculpts I liked and characters I wanted shelled...

I feel like I am near my limit though. It gets expensive and time consuming to dress so many dolls. And of course I pick the sculpts that are harder to put shoes and clothes on....

Doll artists who don't produce footwear need to stop making differently sized feet....

I guess my limit is 15-20.

2. I got more than 30 dolls at home. I love them. In the beginning, I started with very tiny doll such Lati doll Yellow, then I become to get a bigger one such a Volks Yosd 1/6 dolls. Finally, I stop with the biggest one such Soom Gem and SDGr.

3. I don't have a set numbet either, but I would have to say around 10 or less. I don't have much space, so I think that is still easy to manage and can fit in my place. Also I feel that if I have more dolls, I don't have time for them all equally.

4. I am trying to keep the number under 10, but it’s getting harder and harder :)

5. I think the most I really want numerically in my collection is 25. That's going to be my cut-off, and feels like a good place to do so. I don't have the room to get a load more than that, and with my collection currently sitting at 17 and most of the planned shells I had almost complete, it gives me some breathing room for future ideas without going overboard.:kitty2

6. My ideal number is "some". I don't feel I need to pin it down to more detail than that.

Teddy

7. Originally it was 3, but now it's 10. I think that's a more manageable amount for me due to majority of my dolls are SD. I haven't hit 10 officially yet but with all the doll I intend to buy, it would hit 10.

#107 aireoko, Sep 25, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    8. Ideal? I think the ideal is one. XD One to focus all my attention on and spoil. I currently have only one. I had a 2nd BJD for a few years and I prefer having just this one.

But I still want to get at least one more BJD at some point, maybe two or three. I would never want to get more than half a dozen max because that's too many to split up my attention and love and still give what I feel is a deserving amount of attention.

9. As many as I have room for!

10. These days I only want to buy dolls that I can shell into already established OCs. I think no more than 10 for me (and even that would be a lot, personally).

11. Hm.... 20? It seems like a good number, but possibly more. I just wouldn't want to be lost in the sea of dolls that are surrounding me though if it was more than 20. :XD:

12. "The limit doesn't exist" -Caty from Mean Girls

13. I don't think I really have a set number, just enough so that I can give all my dolls equal love and attention :)

14. I'm not quite sure why the number 15 is so appealing to me, but I suppose if I ever work my way up to that amount of dolls I would do my best to restrain myself at that point.

15. In all my years in the hobby, I have never exceeded 15-16 dolls at once. I think that might be my limit, but I have also never been good at going slow and making sure every doll had eyes, wigs, and clothes, and that stresses me out. Maybe this time around it'll be better? :XD:

16. I don't have a limit on the number of dolls I want. I'll just keep collecting until I eventually just run out of space I guess :)

17. All the dollies! :celebrate

18. although I have more than 20 dolls in my collection, I think the ideal number will be around 10,
      right now I have too many dolls so I cannot spend much time with each of them, some of them may stay in my cabinet for a year without changing clothes or photograph:yawn

19. My personal limit at the moment would be 3 max I think as I don't have a lot of spare time to give attention to a load of dolls, I originally planned to only have the one tiny to spoil but then I went and ordered a Yosd To keep her company and to take cute pics with lol

20. Just one has been enough for me for the last 9 years :)

I'm not sure why, but I've never wanted a second doll. I have considered getting a different head for my little dude, but never gotten around to it. I just buy/make him stuff from time to time, and that's enough for me.