1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

whats your ideal number of dolls

May 25, 2019

1. My wish list is soo long, I don't think 10 or 20 will cut it. So I can only hope the number of dolls that I will accumulate over the years won't exceed over 70 or 100. :sweat

2. As yet I am not sure. Probably thinking five or six would be a nice sized collection but I love the tinies so they take up less space. Three are currently planned to be a part of a story I am writing. So the other two or three would probably be ones that I just needed to own.

3. Currently, I'm trying to cull the herd to just 5 bjds which means selling quite a bit :sweat But these 5 are more special to me than any of the others I have. Now off-topic dolls, that's another story. :XD:

4. It took me 10 years to realize this, hahaha. I used to set a limit and over the years I started to allow it to be bigger and bigger. I currently have 20 BJDs and, if I complete my wishlist, they will be 25. It's been the same wishlist for many years now, so I don't think the number will get higher, but I won't limit myself if I fall in love with some other doll like I did before.

5. 5 or 6 feels like a good number to me. I don't have a lot of space to display them and I'm pretty picky about who I bring home.

6. I used to think, wow double digits - no way
      but now few months into the hobby I realise how wrong I am...
      To be honest though, due to physical restrictions (of a small home) I would cap myself at around 10 full dolls with bodies and maybe a lot more heads to swap around...
      Shared bodies are the best xD

7. I wouldn’t say I have any number that would be my ideal as long as I’m able to adopt the ones I love. I’d be happy to have a ton if I loved them! :3nodding:

8. just a few! maybe 5 max? more would be overwhelming for me I think. :)

9. A lot of the dolls I have are tinies, so it feels easy to not put a cap on it. I mean, they're not much bigger than Sylvanian families sometimes! XD I don't think I could have many larger (1/4) dolls, maybe 5 or 6 max. But the tiny ones... As long as they keep making cute dolls, I'll keep buying them :3

10. My husband have a lot of D&D characters we shell so probably 10-12. I’m at 5 big’uns and 2 smol’uns right now. I’m not buying any new ones until I set up a nicer display for them.

11. With me, 7 and 13 seems a strange number and I'm trying to keep my collection around that limit.
      But when counting all the doll in my wish-list, it's already over limit; yeah, I mean it's at least double or triple these limitation.
      Now, my perfect number is 49. But dream is just a dream, I can collect, but I can afford enough time to play fair and equally to all of my child in such big collection. So I'm trying to reduce the number again...
      It's such a harsh work to do!

12. I've currently got 4 dolls and 3 floating heads, I've thought about it a lot and I've concluded my maximum amount of full dolls would probably be 25! I think ideally I would like for it to be less though, I'd have a hard time giving each and every doll proper attention, especially because I'd definitely have a full range of sizes. I can't help but be awed by people's big collections, however, and when I see doll family photos of 10-15 dolls, the concept just really appeals to me.

13. 25 seems a great number. I planned to have a maximum of 25 dolls, but as I'm building a BJD world based on characters from novels, it is somehow over-limitation now. :(

14. I always have told myself I'd stop at 10 dolls, im almost there and i honestly don't know if I would actually stop there.
      I always find sculpts that I love and would love to own... So when I get to 10 I'll probably end up moving the number up to 15 or more:XD:

15. Well, I said a few pages ago that 4 is my limit, because that's the display space I have.
      I'm now trying to figure out if I want another... and how to arrange things so that I could fit another one or two... oops?

16. My limit for SD and above sized dolls is small, maybe just 5 or 6 because they’re so big for me! I’d stick to just very special characters for them I’d want to mod and shell—and have so far! MSDs though are my fave size and looking at my wishlist and two more MSD sized dolls on the way right now...I don’t think I could cap it yet...maybe 20? So 25 or 26 dolls total, would be my rough guess for me!

17. Hmm maybe about 10-15 or so, depending on the amount of display room a person has?
      Right now, I’m sitting around 26... and it’s getting harder and harder to keep them all nicely displayed. I’ve had to sacrifice some of my anime figures to make room for new doll arrivals. While I adore my dolls, I do miss some of my figures that I’ve sold over the years.

18. I think my max cap now is around 10 since I don't have a lot of space, but it would be nice to one day fill a room with dolls:XD:

19. I think that 10 would be a nice number! Although I think I might be pretty satisfied once I have 6, as well. I like to have my dolls in pairs, so if I end up going one over to 11 I'd have to get a 12th, and so on and so forth.

20. 8 is a good number for me. I feel like if I had more (let's say 20-ish), I would probably stop caring about some of my least favorite dolls, they'd just be taking up space in my room. I'm not a minimalist by any stretch, but I'd feel like a doll hoarder if I had more. I get that some people collect many dolls and that's fine but for me it would be too overwhelming.