1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your ultimate dream costume for your bjd?

Jan 25, 2018

1. I've always wanted an elaborate steampunk kind of suit with mechanical wings for my doll Icarus :love It'd be sooo cool..

2. An extravagant kimono ensemble would be amazing for my Yuki :D

3. I'd like a full black latex suit with hood for Charlie, but I am deathly allergic to latex. So I'm going to attempt to make him one in vinyl instead, though I know it won't have the same second-skin fit.

4. I've been wanting a historical outfit for my Granado Charles-- something 1660's England, Restoration style. I'd love to see more Historical outfits in general being made for dolls (I'm no good at tailoring outfits, unfortunately).

5. Gotta ask - Was your commission for a bjd or human costume? What's your best advice for it?
      I would so love to see a photo of your work!

6. I definitely want some armor for my boys!! Most of my characters have a 'job' from the game Ragnarok Online so I'd like outfits based on the game. I have an rune knight, lord knight, royal guard, then there's an archbishop, alchemist, warlock, & sorceress! Other outfits I'd like are princess-y, flow-y dresses for my unicorn princess. :)

7. I'll do this for the two boys I've got on order atm!

Sera - Black crop top with cutout shoulders and chains hanging from the short sleeves. Black leather pants that are laced up the sides and shoe some of his legs. Black leather zip-up high tops with a white toe area (think converse, but leather and zip-up). Honorable mentions are hooded sleeveless tops and tops with mesh or fishnet sections to them.

Jean - An off-white/beige long sleeve shirt under a pair of faded short-alls, maybe stained slightly from paint. I also picture him having lace-up boots that go up to about his mid-calf. Honorable mentions for him are oversized sweaters and a smock for when he does his pottery and other clay work!

8. I have long wanted an Enjolras of Les Miserables outfit for one of my dolls. Maybe not exactly like the 2012 film version, but my (or a costumer's) interpretation of the red coat, red sash, trousers, and shirt he wears. I even went looking for a wig last night, for my incoming MYOU Ben, after listening to the soundtrack for the first time in forever!

But, it's been one of those few 'necessities' I've pined for since joining the hobby around the time the film came out. And, once I finally get my act together and start sewing, it's my ultimate goal to craft it myself one day.

Another one I'd like is something akin to what Audie Murphy wore for the short-lived Whispering Smith TV show in 1960. A blue gingham shirt, denim pants or gabardine work trousers, and cowboy boots. For my incoming Ben more than my bigger boy Ethan (Ben's not even here yet, and he's already in danger of being spoilt rotten).

#28 ivorysand, Jan 27, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    9. There is a company called Firefly Path that creates these incredible elaborate fairy gowns for people. Lots of frills and lace and fantasy wings... I would love to own a number of these gowns in doll size for my fantasy girls.

Heck, I’d love to own a number of these gowns for me! :XD:

10. It's for an Iplehouse SID guy. I'll post pics when I'm done :D I had to draft patterns for it - the big problem was the layers cause w/a doll that causes bulk very quickly. I'm using real leather for some of the embellishments too.

11. I would love to have suits for my guys.

Military suits, business suits...any kind! I love suits on guys. It's something about the classic feel of them, you can never go wrong with a nice suit.

With that being said I don't have any girl dolls. However I still love to daydream about long elegant gowns. I'd never force my guys into one (Well, I won't until I learn how to sew). :kitty2

12. The Lolita is exactly what I was thinking! I haven't thought of the military style before but picturing it now I think it would look Amazing!

13. @Teleri Your Assassin's Creed outfit for a SID sounds impressive! I counted at least 5 layers for these guys, so it'll take some tricks to get it to look right on an SD scale!

14. I wish for rosen maiden, chobits and cardcaptor sakura outfits for my girls that doesnt cost a bomb! :)

15. I pared it down to 3 (added cuffs & lapels creatively LOL) - still a pain!

16. That was like the first outfit I have wanted to sew for my dolls since I bought my first doll in 2008 when I was obsessed with Assassin's Creed.

...............I still haven't sewn one for my BJD despite the fact I have cosplayed and sewn assassin plushies. lol and like... Altair is the easy one, lol.

I want to sew like the entire catalogue of Madeleine Vionnet dresses, but I currently haven't achieved the skill to do so and it is so hard (or at least expensive, lol) to shop for fabrics that drape nicely on a doll. Need all the nice silks and stuff!

I also really want a super OTT lolita outfit for my boys. I feel like I might get this done whenever I actually make custom doll-size fabric prints.

17. I´d love to have my first doll in a specific cosplay, since he will be a character of mine and I drew him as the male protagonist of Fire Emblem Awakening due to a joke with my friends and I really want to cosplay him as well... So we would have matching outfits xD I really like the design of the cape and the color scheme, so I may end up doing it someday.

18. Okay, yes, thank you people for reminding me how much I love the Assassin's Creed aesthetic. I think I actually have a sketch languishing somewhere of an AC-style outfit for one of my dolls...

That being said: I would love to be able to make this tuxedo for my souldoll girl. Not in white, and with a few minor adjustments of my own, but I just love the cut of that jacket! One day, my sewing skills will be up to the challenge...

19. @rebeccag12363 That feminine tuxedo is yummy! I can't wait to see what you make in the future!

20. I like elaborate overly detailed classic designs. Like, really elaborate. Costumes like that can usually cost a few hundreds. I also like historical based outfits, suits, and casual wear. Detailed lingerie is something I like too on BJDs.