1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your ultimate dream costume for your bjd?

Jan 25, 2018

1. I would love to give both my dolls some full steampunk costumes. Also I would adore various period pieces for my iplehouse boy.

2. For sure military styled clothing. I know many people are iffy on it due to sensitive stories on wars and such, but I have to admit they were pretty cool back in the day

3. I have spent half of my life as a member of the SCA, so I am used to wandering around in elaborate costumes, usually Italian Rennaissance, and I have made a lot of costumes for my dolls over the years. My current obsession is Regency, I would like to make a classic Regency period men's riding outfit for my largest doll, an Iplehouse Kamau EID, it is difficult to find doll scale fine woolens though. I will get around to doing it some day. I have to clothe my newest doll first though, I got him a week ago, and the poor thing is still naked. The costume he requires is 1970s: beat up jeans, scuffed boots and a Fairport Convention Tshirt.

4. Vampire Hunter D full outfit (based on Amano-sensei's artworks) is my dream. :XD: I'm going to sew it for my Soom Hyperon soon. Wonder how it will look like in the end.:wiggle

5. I'm looking at a couple of boy dolls to make an Agent of Asgard Loki but I also want to do a cute little elven doll too.

6. That's a WONDERFUL visual of "Titanic" Rose's dress! I'd love to see your project - even in progress! So pretty!

7. For my first BJD, I am thinking of her main outfit being a black empress dress with aqua lace. I should draw this up so I have a better idea of. I also want to make a kimono and wedding dress for her, but those are a long way away.

8. My ultimate dream costume atm would involve just replacing all my crumbling vinyl with the same pieces made in real leather. I am so sad over the loss of several pairs of shoes and I can see two of my leather biker jackets are nearing their end. :...(

9. Well, my ultimate dream costume would be a complete Victorian gown with all the petticoats and undergarments, and all the details! But sadly, I am extremelly clumsy when it comes to sewing, so it will take me a long time to get one done for my beloved Bea.

10. Oh, I'm sorry! Sounds like a significant loss. What happened? Do you have any advice on vinyl items?

11. I would love to have several cute sets of Mori Girl clothes complete with shoes and underwear. Same for Fairy Kei clothes. I would like my large boys to have snazzy 3 piece suits and some goth wear. For the girls- tons of gothic lolita and casual lolita along with Mori Girl.

12. I would love an SD sized rococo dress, with the proper shoes, a fan, towering wig, the lot! Out of my price range made though, so I may have to learn to sew!

13. Hardsuits for the BGC girls (and Yumeko, my main OC). It'd be bloody expensive but boy they'd look awesome.

[​IMG]

14. To do with my dream costume, it would require me to get my dream doll!! T.T

I wish to one day remake my Blade and Soul Character on a doll. My character was a Lyn species with a Summiner class. She was half cat half human with wide hips and she was holding a staff

I one day hope and wish to be able to get my hands on one of the ragdoll SIO2 dolls and recreate my character!! ♡

15. Iron man or captain america

16. Something I would never manage to make on my own ^^

17. Vince- ah, once upon a time I had such plans... he was going to have a red pleather coat, and a really cute black and white filmy/gauzy blouse, two things I bought fabric for and then lost those fabrics when I moved house. So my dream outfit for him would be a cool leather jacket and pants, and then a really feminine blouse. And like, some boots and at least one belt... maybe a sweet hat?

Pete- I've got a couple for Pete, but the one that really breaks from his usual pink/white/pastels color palette is, I would LOVE for him to have a big goth overcoat, for a look complete with frilled blouse, boots, ascot, some jewelry. Like, just go in the opposite direction from what he tends to be in. Early romantic/victorian goth style, black and dusky purples.

Billy- Honestly all my plans for Billy were dashed the moment he got his dino jammies/costume, now he's never not dressed like a dinosaur (but I do kind of still want him to have a cute little suit sometimes. Or an owl sweater, maybe. Or a cute pirate costume? I like the idea of dressing him up differently but his dino costume is way too cute)

Marigold- Another case of something I could be making, she was going to have a top and butt-cape that was a mesh base covered in fall leaves (got all the materials)... but I'd also love for her to have a simple white blouse (maybe sort of a babydoll shape) with a soft neutral-color cardigan, maybe with a little saddle blanket type thing or loose leg warmers that could go over her hooves and be held up with ribbons... just a good mori girl look!

(my next boy is going to need a sweater vest, some tweedy pieces, and a coat that matches my winter coat... but I'll worry about bringing the doll home before I hunt for too many dream costume pieces. I think I can find his glasses, too)

18. I'd want a Lord of the Rings style outfit for my elf girls.

19. Hope you have found them by now, but I just saw pre-order on LUTS for these. They are beautiful!