1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your ultimate dream costume for your bjd?

Jan 25, 2018

1. My one dream outfit would be for my SD girl. I’d like a blue oiran outfit complete with hair accessories. There are plenty of kimonos I’ve found but none with the complexity and style of an oiran kimono.

2. I want a wedding kimono that is extremely detailed!
      That is actually made out of kimono fabrics instead of cheap cottons

Details details details.
      Recently I'm extra annoyed by cheap quality looking clothes!

How could you spent hundreds or thousands on a doll to give them a bad Faceup and cheap quality clothes? There may be budget constraints but I'm sure most are willing to do layway/save up!

3. I need to get/make a screen accurate costume for Orsino. All my dolls have ultimate dream costumes though, but his is the one I plan to finish first. Falhen needs a Dalish hunter getup with all the crazy crisscrossed leather bits. That'll be a hair ripper for sure. Julian will need his in game get up, mostly focusing on his ridiculously tall boots, double breasted jacket and huge black over coat. And finally Logan will need his purple King's regalia replete with a metal breastplate and a crown. Ideally I want to use lost wax casting to make a crown to fit him in bronze or brass. I can easily carve the wax I just don't have the tools or equipment to do the casting.

4. @usadapyo You might be interested in Xiamaowang, then! They make some incredibly detailed, intricate oiran kimonos out of beautiful fabric. I don't own any of their kimonos (yet...) but I do own some of their hair accessories and I love the quality.

As for me, I dream about styling a doll as a knight in shining armor, preferably like an impractical fantasy paladin rather than anything historical lol. Not sure if this counts as a costume though, since ideally I'd like the armor to be painted resin parts.

5. My 70cm dolls all have very specific outfits that will be pricey for me to recreate. For Fia, my 70cm woman, she's from a dieselpunk version of the 1940s and needs a proper hat, suit and holster for her period-appropriate gun. I've had to dress her in men's clothing to get the right look, with minor tweaks. For my 70cm cyberpunk assassin, he basically needs LEDs and embedded technology in all his clothes, which would require me to build things from scratch that I don't know how to do. My current fantasy-dream doll is an Impldoll Tony in a custom space admiral's dress uniform (along with his working uniform, but the dressage is prettier) complete with his weapons and gear. Cyberpunk stuff is hard to do and find!

6. I’m super interested! Googling Xiamaowang gives me zero results though, where are they sold?

7. I would love a Victorian outfit for my littlefee

8. Sorry, I spelled it wrong, it's Xiaomaowang. :sweat You can find them on Legenddoll.

9. Far too many historical period styles to list - starting in the late 14th Century and coming forward from there (skipping the late 17th Century when men were in pettiocoat-britches and women were in mantua, both of which styles I find particularly ugly).

I could fill an entire thread just with links to pictures, frescoes, and portraits depicting costumes I'd want for my boys and girls.

But I'd want them accurate and with in-scale fabrics, patterns etc. plus the proper accessories - shoes hats underwear etc.

Teddy

#69 Teddy, Apr 25, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    10. Full historical dress with embroidery and all accessories in ideal scale. ^_^

11. A Game of Thrones inspired dress. Preferably one like Margaery has :loveHer style is everything

12. I do not currently have any real goals for bjd clothing other than to-scale fasteners like buttons, buckles, and zippers. The only things I've found are basic 2 and 4 hole buttons and maybe tiny buckles at Michaels but I want more :...(

13. Jeffree Star cosplay.

14. Custom suits for my boys. Historical costumes for all of them. Medieval, 16th century, 17th century, 18th century, Edwardian, Victorian, 20s, other stuff I've probably missed.

15. I really like good 3 piece suits. So I want my larger, more mature looking boys in well fitting suits.

16. Okay, so I've always really wanted to make school uniforms for all my dolls. It's not so much that it's difficult to do, it's just deciding on the details. And since I plan for ALL my dolls to go to the same school, I would have to use fabric that I knew I could buy again and again, so I can keep making the same uniform for every new doll I get.
      But I've got to admit the main reason I haven't done any of this yet is because none of my dolls own school appropriate shoes. Buying shoes for them all is going to cost me some money xD

17. I want this dfor two fo my dolls - the only two that are based on characters form books, and really because it would be so neat to create a crossover between two favourite series of books by having two characters from one series attend the school from the other series (both series are contemporary to each other and no mention was made in the one of the name of the school the girls attended, and with the other series set in a school, there are lots of unnamed girls (or even girls with the correct forenames who are only mentioned in passing).

And since I haven't yet made them the correct garments from their own book series, I suppose school uniforms from the other series is even more of a dream costume for them....

Teddy

18. My dream costume for my doll is Alfonse from Fire Emblem Heroes. It is my current project. I’m making it come true. :celebrate

19. My FID man K represents an OC.
      Said OC is a king, styled after Scythian royalty, and of course that means he has a formal/presentation outfit...

This is going to require a LOT of setting teeny, tiny eyelets. And 1/4 scale brocades. Gilding on leather. Teeny beadwork and embroidery... gold couching, if I can swing it. *_* But the biggest thing is going to be the jewelry - I'm going to have to cast it, and that means carving waxes, and lots of them.

The general idea is capelet over vest over shirt, trousers and high boots with boot toppers, plaque belt, and brooches in Scythian animal style. Bracelets and torc, headdress... oh, and Because Nomad.. he needs a horse. OTL

20. Oh gosh I have a lot. My favorite outfits are the fluffy, frilly, pastel dresses for tinys. I love super detailed outfits so I'm a sucker for military uniforms and tailored suits. But if i were able to get any outfit for my doll it would be a police uniform like this or a Navy officer uniform.